|Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Series - Episode 043|
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mai
|English air date||
October 31, 2009
|Episode listing||Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Series episode listing - season 2|
|Previous||So Long & Thanks For All The Trading Cards|
|Next||Ishizu Explains It All|
The episode was first shown at Youmacon, before LittleKuriboh made it available on YouTube.
Melvin goes bananas. B-A-N-A-N-A-S. In other words, Mai and the REAL Marik face off and as the very fate of Mai's cleavage is hanging in the balance, two unlikly heros attempt to save her. Mai still loses though.
- The title of the episode comes from the film Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.
- The cards flying by in the beginning are various characters from Auto-Tune the News.
- The doctor's name is a reference to Dr. Feelgood, the title track from Mötley Crüe's fifth album.
- To cure Odion, Tristan sings "Lean on Me", a song written by Bill Withers.
- Téa says she is disappointed that Joey "didn't start a relationship with the first woman who laid eyes on you" because she is a fanfic writer. A small but vocal number of fanfic writers subscribe to the belief that all major characters should be romantically paired off, and thus tend to endorse each viable pairing as it appears.
- Téa walks away from Joey in the manner of stereotypical pimp.
- "Melvin, No! Melvin Yes!" is a line from Lunar Silver Star Story Complete.
- After Mai summons Mega Ultra Chicken, she and Melvin quote a line from Kill Bill Volume 1.
- Mokuba says "To the Mokubamobile!", a play on Batmobile.
- After the duel, Melvin draws the dagger from the Millennium Rod, for it to act as a lightsaber.
- The songs playing in the background during the scenes with Mega-Ultra Chicken are by the band Dethklok. The songs are "Dethharmonic" and "Go Into the Water", respectively.
- When Melvin sends Mai to her worst nightmare, the song "Wipe Out" by The Surfaris plays.
- From this episode on LittleKuriboh uses the Japanese episodes as a base for the video although the characters make no reference to this change which apparently takes place for technical reasons and to add scenes which were cut from the English version of the anime .
168072824752491622650073 Content-Disposition: form-data; name="wpSummary"