|Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Series - Episode 041|
|English air date||
25 June 2009
|Episode listing||Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Series episode listing - season 2|
|Next||So Long & Thanks For All The Trading Cards|
"Joey vs Door - Round 2 In other words, Yugi is visited by Shadi (still racist as always) and more of this ridiculus plot is explained. Meanwhile, Tristan and Duke face off on the top of the blimp to decide who Serenity's heart belongs to."
- The flying cards in this episode include King Gator from All Dogs Go To Heaven (the originator of the "Big-Lipped Alligator Moment"), Cooking Mama, Ulala from Space Channel 5, and Washu from Tenchi Muyo, and Toejam and Earl from the game of the same name.
- Mokuba's line about "Stupid Mass Effect elevator technology" is a reference to the sci-fi game series Mass Effect and its long elevator rides to mask loading.
- 'Chenquieh' is Polish for 'Thank you', and is spoken by Borat from the film Borat, who Shadi is a parody of.
- When the 20-minute delay is announced, "Arthur's Theme" by Christopher Cross can be heard playing over the intercom.
- Marik speaks about the ice cubes in the style of Phil Ken Sebben from Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law.
- Zack and Cody from The Suite Life of Zack and Cody make a second appearance (having previously been in episode 39).
- Tristan's line to Duke, "you just brought sexy back for the last time," is a reference to Duke's abridged theme song "I'm Bringing Sexy Back," by Justin Timberlake. This theme is played every time Duke speaks.
- Yugi says "I suppose it could be worse, you could be acting like Bruno" to Shadi. Bruno was the character played by Sacha Baron Cohen after he played Borat.
- "In space, no one can hear you scream" is the tagline to the film Alien.
- Pegasus complains about the song on the radio, "Back in Black" by AC/DC and requests ABBA instead.
- Shadi compares Pegasus's venture to the movie Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.
- The entire scene of Pegasus' jeep convoy is a parody of a similar scene in the beginning of the 2008 Iron Man movie.
- Tristan sings a parody of the American folk song "99 Bottles of Beer" (itself a derivation of the British folk song "Ten Green Bottles").
- Duke asks if Shadi is a MILF, to which Tristan replies that he looks like Piccolo.
- The final stinger is also a Borat joke: in the film, Borat learns the joke where something is said, followed by 'Not!'.
- The line played over LittleKuriboh's credit is taken from Alone in the Dark.