|Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Series - Episode 033|
|English air date||
19 February 2009
|Episode listing||Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Series episode listing - season 2|
|Previous||The Worst of Both Worlds|
|Next||Dork Side Of The Moon|
Tonight, on a Very Special episode of Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Series - two lovers divided! Will their story have a happy ending? Or will it all end in tears? Will Chad quit his job as lifeguard? And what of Harold and his love of stamp collecting? All these questions and more will be answered. Probably.
- One of the audience members at the aquarium refers to the film Free Willy.
- While riding his motorcycle, Marik sings "Born to be Wild" by Steppenwolf. The song was featured in the 1969 film Easy Rider, which led to its being widely associated with motorcycling.
- Bakura tells Marik that he is "about as manly as a Square Enix character." He is referring to the Japanese Game company Square-Enix, that is nearly infamous for their bishi-style male characters.
- "Shall I call you Captain Basch from Dalmasca?" refers to a specific example of the previous reference.
- "Well excuuuuse me, Princess!" is the catchphrase of Link from the animated series of The Legend of Zelda, which aired with The Super Mario Brothers Super Show!
- Bakura quotes the original advertising slogan for L'Oréal, already quoted in a previous episode by Yugi.
- "I believe this is called Thiefshipping" refers to the practice of writing/drawing Marik and Bakura together as a romantic couple. "Shipping" is a general term for pairing characters in a romantic way.
- The stinger is from a cable commercial for "HeadOn" a topical homeopathic remedy for headaches.