|Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Series - Episode 029|
The Not-So-Super Roba Bros.
|English air date||
11 June 2008
|Episode listing||Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Series episode listing - season 2|
|Previous||Who's That Mokémon?|
While Tristan attempts to get to first base with Serenity, Joey duels an extremely loud character named Espa Roba whose entire family both look and sound exactly like him for no adequately explored reason. Apparently psychic powers are a byproduct of inbreeding. Episode is also available to watch at DuelTube.com! (Sadly, not a real website)
- Joey's line Nyeh, what's up Rex? is a reference to the Bugs Bunny line: Nyeh, what's up doc?
- Rex calls Espa Roba “Charlie Brown” in reference to the zigzag pattern sweater he wears, similar to the design on Charlie Brown’s sweater.
- Miss Cleo was a television infomercial pitchwoman for the Psychic Readers Network.
- Tristan’s very professional looking video is set to “And I Swear” by B3 (originally done by Boyz II Men.)
- The music that's played during the EPIC MOKUBA MANOEUVRE is part of Ghost Love Score by Nightwish.
- The Epic Mokuba Manouvre is a reference to YMTD’s “Epic Geordie Maneuver”
- Peanut Butter Jelly Time was recorded by DJ Chipman of the Buckwheat Boyz.
- Joey makes a reference to the song You Spin Me Round (Like a Record) when talking about the Roulette Spider.
- The stinger comes from the late Senator Robert Byrd’s (Democrat West Virginia) speech on dog fighting.