|Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Series - Episode 021|
Massively Multiplayer Online Children's Card Game
|English air date||
18 June 2007
|Episode listing||Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Series episode listing - season 1|
|Next||Shine On, You Crazy Devlin|
Massively Multiplayer Online Children's Card Game is the twenty-first episode of Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Series.
The gang walk into an episode of Reboot when they are thrown into a virtual world in order to rescue Kaiba.
Cultural References Edit
- Several references to The Legend of Zelda video games are included in this episode:
- The fairy saying "Hey! Listen! Hey! Listen!" over and over is Navi from Ocarina of Time, and Joey's attempt to murder it mirrors fans' annoyance with her.
- Joey's line "I activate the Ocarina of Time" is obviously another reference to the game, as well as the song played after the line, "Saria's Song."
- The opening montage is an homage to the Battlestar Galactica series.
- Keemo's line about his hair is from the story of The Three Little Pigs.
- Mokuba mentions Agrabah, a genie, Robin Williams, and Dan Castellaneta in a reference to the Disney movie Aladdin. Dan Castellaneta replaced Robin Williams as the genie in later movies and the Kingdom Hearts games.
- Tristan and Tea sing a song from the British band "Shampoo." This song was featured on the soundtrack of the "Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers" movie.
- Yugi says, "Mrs. Valentine, are you trying to seduce me?" This is a line from The Graduate.
- Joey's line "You know what the difference is between you and me? I make this look good." is a quote from the movie Men in Black.
- When Gansley is talking, the Super Mario Bros. overworld theme plays in the background.
- When Yugi, Joey, Mai, and Kaiba summon their respective dragon cards, "Rock the Dragon" plays.