Why Dantman doesn't have any userpage?Edit
He has a talkpage and a "bot" though ... Kind of complicated!--KevinSephiroth 20:16, 11 October 2007 (UTC)
- Maybe he doesn't want to create one or doesn't have ideas of what to put inside. --Dragon Slayer 21:12, 11 October 2007 (UTC)
- ^_^ Actually, I do my Userpage in an extremely unique way. Take a look at w:User:Dantman, Anime:User:Dantman, w:c:Naruto:User:Dantman, and basically any other Wikia ACG wiki or wiki I have a userpage on (sans Gaiapedia). I actually use a Bot to sync my userpages... So I actually have one extremely complected userpage which a bot copies that page and a number of other pages I specify to all Wikia ACG wiki and a few other ones I tell it to. Unfortunately I haven't run bots on Wikia in quite some time, and it looks like for some reason running pywikipedia on here is broken. So I really haven't bothered syncing my Userpage. ~NOTASTAFF Daniel Friesen-local (DanTMan, Nadir Seen Fire) (talk) Jan 29, 2008 @ 08:36 (UTC)
A few ideas...Edit
Yes. What the header says. A few ideas. Mostly some new pages under Administration subpages or something. What do I mean? Here's a list:
- Administration/Deletions - This page is for the request of page deletions within the wiki. Due to concerns about loss of data, the ability to delete pages is restricted to system operators. As such, regular users will need to request a deletion from the system operators. Any page that goes here, the community will decide whether or not to keep or delete the page. This discussion will be 2 weeks.
- Administration/Promotions - This page is for users to request System Operator status. The act of user promotion is restricted to those with bureaucrat status, and as such users will need to request user promotion here. System Operators and Bureaucrats cannot assign promotions unless the request has gone through this page. Of course, once a request is here, it'll be there for a total of 2 weeks for community discussion. Depending on what the majority of the community thinks, the Bureaucrats would obviously decide whether or not to promote them.
- Administration/Speedy Deletions - This is like the Deletions page, except there are restrictions. In a restricted set of circumstances, system operators may delete pages without full consultation of the wiki community. This is usually restricted to pages that do not seem to have any legitimate information or function within the wiki, or for pages that have been created by mistake and are requested to be deleted by the author. In these circumstances, a Speedy Deletion may take place, allowing system operators to quickly remove these pages from the wiki.
- Administration/Undeletions - This page is for the request of page undeletions within the wiki. Due to concerns about loss of data, the ability to undelete pages is restricted to system operators. As such, regular users will need to request an undeletion from a system operator.
- Administration/Vandal Banning - This page is for the reporting of vandalism within the wiki, as defined by vandalism policy. On this wiki, the punishment for Vandalism is temporary banning, but due to security concerns, the ability to mete out this punishment is restricted to System Operators. As such, regular users will need to lodge a report for a Vandal to be banned from the wiki. For consistency and accountability, System Operators are requested to note on this board their actions in dealing with Vandals.
- Administration/Protections - This page is for the request of page protection within the wiki. Due to philosophical concerns, the ability to protect pages is restricted to system operators. As such, regular users will need to request a protection from the system operators.
- Administration/Arbitration - While the wiki community attempts to work on the basis of encouragement and cooperation, there are occasions where wiki users find themselves unable to reach accord. In the event of this happening, the Arbitration Team may be called upon to intervene, and attempt to find a reasonable compromise that, while perhaps not satisfying both parties, may at least assist in defusing the situation, thanks to the unbiased third party. Any user in the community may sign up to be an Arbitrator.
- Administration/Misconduct - This page is for the reporting of administrator (sysop) misconduct within the wiki. Sysops are trusted with a considerable number of powers, many of which have the capacity to be abused. In many circumstances, it is possible for a sysop to cause considerable havoc. As such, users are provided this page to report misconduct from the System Operators.
- Administration/Demotions - This page is for system operators to request a demotion of status, or for enaction of demotion due to long-term inactivity. The act of demotion is restricted to those with bureaucrat status, and as such system operators will need to request their demotion here.
- Administration/Move Requests - This page is for the requesting of page moves by normal users. The average user's ability to move pages has been rescinded due to frequent abuse by vandals; as such, users will need to submit requests (similar in nature to those on Speedy Deletions and Protections) for pages to be moved by a sysop. (This one is here because of vandal reasons. Yes. Vandal reasons. Trust me. I had experience with this type of stuff before. On the Urban Dead wiki, a vandal using names such as 3pagewikivandal, 3pwv, 3page, and stuff of the like began moving random pages to obscene locations, including some userpages to idoitic moron, administration pages to crap, and stuff of the like. Other new pages from these moves included f**kin' dumba**, cheap a** s**t, and some other obscene namespaces.)
As I've said before, these are just ideas. It's okay if you don't want to incorporate any of these ideas, after all. They are just ideas. --Axe Hack 01:20, 18 October 2008 (UTC)
What should I do to become a Administrator or enter into a group in this wikia?