Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL - Episode 021|
Yuma Bāsasu Osōji Robotto Obomi
Yuma vs. Cleaning Robot Obomi
Battle with the Bot
|Japanese air date||
August 29, 2011
|English air date||
April 28, 2012
|Episode listing||Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL episode listing (season 1)|
|Previous||Roots of the Problem|
|Next||The Shark Hunter|
"Battle with the Bot", known as "Yuma vs. Cleaning Robot Obomi" in the Japanese version, is the twenty-first episode of the Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL anime. It first aired in Japan on August 29, 2011 and in the United States on April 28, 2012.
As they head home from class, Yuma and his friends meet Lillybot whom they form a friendship with. However after the robot is reprogrammed to its former self, Yuma duels Lillybot in order to help her regain her memories.
Yuma Tsukumo vs. Lillybot (first)
Duel is shown from an unspecified turn. Yuma controls no cards and has 2500 Life Points, while Lillybot controls "Junk Robot Teapot Kangaroo" (800/1200) and "Junk Robot Camelcycle" (800/1600), both in Attack Position and a Set card.
Yuma's Life Points are damaged through unknown means (Yuma 2500 → 1900). Lillybot activates her face-down "Star Light, Star Bright", changing the Level of "Teapot Kangaroo" to that of "Camelcycle" as they have the same ATK. Lillybot overlays her two Level 4 monsters to Xyz Summon "Wind-Up Zenmaister" (1900/1500) in Attack Position. "Zenmaister" attacks directly (Yuma 1900 → 0).
Yuma Tsukumo and Bronk Stone vs. Lillybot
Yuma Tsukumo vs. Lillybot (second)
Turn 2: Lillybot
Lillybot activates "Eco Spell - Reduce Waste", letting her banish two "Junk Robot" monsters from her Deck to add a "Junk Robot" monster from her Deck to her hand. She banishes "Junk Robot Cleanaga" and "Junk Robot Computerkong" and adds "Junk Robot Camelcycle". She Normal Summons it (800/1600) in Attack Position and activates "Eco Spell - Recycle", letting her Special Summon two banished "Junk Robot" monsters. She Summons "Cleanaga" (1200/800) and "Computerkong" (1000/1000). Lillybot overlays her three Level 4 EARTH Machine-Type monsters to Xyz Summon "Recycle Rhinobot" (2700/2000) in Attack Position. It attacks "Gagaga Magician", but Yuma activates his face-down "Half Unbreak", preventing its destruction by battle and halving the Battle Damage (Yuma 4000 → 3400).
Turn 3: Yuma
Yuma Normal Summons "Gagaga Girl" (1000/800) and equips it with "Wonder Wand", increasing its ATK by 500 ("Gagaga Girl"1000 → 1500). He activates the effect of "Gagaga Magician", changing its Level to 8 until the End Phase. He then activates "Gagaga Thunder", inflicting 300 damage to Lillybot for every Level of difference between his two "Gagaga" monsters (Lillybot 4000 → 2500). Yuma Sets a card.
Turn 4: Lillybot
Lillybot Normal Summons "Junk Robot Teapot Kangaroo" (800/1200). She activates the effect of "Recycle Rhinobot" three times, detaching the three Overlay Units to increase the ATK of a monster she controls by 500 for each detached ("Teapot Kangaroo" 800 → 1300 → 1800 → 2300). "Recycle Rhinobot" attacks "Gagaga Girl", but Yuma activates his face-down "Gagagaguard" as he controls two or more "Gagaga" monsters, preventing the destruction of "Gagaga" monsters by battle this turn (Yuma 3400 → 2200). "Teapot Kangaroo" attacks "Gagaga Magician" (Yuma 2200 → 1400). During the End Phase, the effect of "Recycle Rhinobot" activates as it has no Overlay Units, destroying the monster Lily controls with the lowest ATK and inflicting damage to both players equal to its original ATK. "Teapot Kangaroo" is destroyed (Lillybot 2500 → 1700, Yuma 1400 → 600).
Turn 5: Yuma
Yuma activates "Star Light, Star Bright", changing the Level of "Gagaga Girl" to that of "Gagaga Magician" as they respectively have 1000 ATK and 1000 DEF. He overlays his two Level 4 monsters to Xyz Summon "Number 39: Utopia" (2500/2000) in Attack Position. As "Gagaga Girl" was used in an Xyz Summon with another "Gagaga" monster, the ATK of a monster Lillybot controls is decreased to 0 via its effect ("Recycle Rhinobot" 2700 → 0). "Utopia" attacks and destroys "Recycle Rhinobot" (Lillybot 1700 → 0).
The following cards appeared in this episode. Cards in italics debuted here.
Differences in adaptations
- Sakiyomi JumBANG! appearing in the World Duel Carnival ad are removed.
- The revealed electrical wires on the cord Yuma tried to connect on Lillybot is removed.
- The close-up of "Gagaga Girl" being summoned and being equipped with Wonder Wand are cut. Also cut from the dub is "Gagaga Girl" referring to "Gagaga Magician" as "Gagaga-senpai".
- "Gagaga Girl" is given more clothing.
- When Lillybot won the duel against Yuma for the first time, her WIN screen shows her with her pink ribbon attached, although she had only worn the ribbon moments after. This was corrected in the English dub.
- When Lillybot attacked Yuma with "Wind-Up Zenmaister", "Zenmaister" remained with 1900 ATK Points. However, due to its effect, it should have increased to 2500.
- In the Italian dub, "Wind-Up Zenmaister" is called "Wind-Up Zenmaines".
- After Yuma's second turn during his second duel with Lillybot, Astral mentions that if Yuma had activated "Gagaga Magician"'s level-changing effect to change it to a Level 3 monster, he could have summoned "Number 17: Leviathan Dragon" and used "Gagaga Girl"'s ability to make "Recycle Rhinobot"'s ATK 0. Astral states that if Yuma did this, he could have won the Duel on that very turn. However, this is untrue - Lillybot still had 4000 LP, so even if Yuma used "Leviathan Dragon"'s ability to increase its ATK to 2500, Lillybot would still have 1500 LP left.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 This card can be seen when Lillybot launches her Deck to Duel Yuma for the first time.