Yu-Gi-Oh! Tag Force is a series of video games based on the anime Yu-Gi-Oh! GX and Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's. 3 games for each anime series have been released. The mainstream games are all for Playstation Portable, whereas Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Tag Force Evolution is for the Playstation 2.
A Tag Force game was released annually in Q3/Q4 of the year from 2006-2011. The lack of a release in 2012 and no future announcements since then make the future of the series uncertain.
Like the DS and GBA games, the Tag Force games involve free-roaming open worlds based on the settings they take place in (Duel Academy/New Domino City) and "Free Duel" mode. Duels can be played in tag-team or single mode. Characters from the series the game is set in can be opponent's and stories. Also unlike the DS 5D's games, the Tag Force games do not have Turbo Duels.
In all Tag Force games, there are some anime exclusive cards unique to these games, though it is possible for GX anime cards from previous games to appear in the later "5D's Tag Force" Games, whether by UMD recognition, importing Decks from previous games, or both.
Field Spell animation
In all Tag Force games, Field Spell Cards are rendered in 3D animation of the artwork when activated compared to other games.
In all Tag Force games (Japanese), all characters except cosplaying characters, had voice actings during dueling.
List of games
- Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Tag Force (GX02), 2006
- Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Tag Force 2 (GX04), 2007
- Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Tag Force Evolution (GX05) (known as Yu-Gi-Oh! GX The Beginning of Destiny in North America), 2007/2008
- Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Tag Force 3 (GX06), 2008 (Europe/Japan only)
- Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Tag Force 4 (TF04), 2009
- Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Tag Force 5 (TF05), 2010
- Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Tag Force 6 (TF06), 2011 (Japan only)