Yu-Gi-Oh! Tag Force is a series of video games based on the Yu-Gi-Oh! anime series. 3 games for Yu-Gi-Oh! GX and 3 games for Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's have been released, whereas Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V Tag Force Special is based on all five anime series. The mainstream games are all for Playstation Portable, whereas Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Tag Force Evolution is for the Playstation 2 and Tag Force Special will be compatible with both PSP and Playstation Vita.
A Tag Force game was released annually in Q3/Q4 of the year from 2006-2011. The lack of a release from 2012 onwards made the future of the series uncertain. However, Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V Tag Force Special, the seventh game of the Tag Force series, was announced for 2015.
Like the DS and GBA games, the Tag Force games involve free-roaming open worlds based on the settings they take place in (Duel Academy/New Domino City) and "Free Duel" mode. Duels can be played in tag-team or single mode. Characters from the series the game is set in can be opponent's and stories. Also unlike the DS 5D's games, the Tag Force games do not have Turbo Duels.
In all Tag Force games, there are some anime exclusive cards unique to these games, though it is possible for GX anime cards from previous games to appear in the later "5D's Tag Force" Games, whether by UMD recognition, importing Decks from previous games, or both.
Field Spell animation
In all Tag Force games, Field Spell Cards are rendered in 3D animation of the artwork when activated compared to other games.
In the Japanese versions of the Tag Force games, all characters except cosplaying characters, had voice actings during dueling.
List of games
- Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Tag Force (GX02), 2006
- Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Tag Force 2 (GX04), 2007
- Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Tag Force Evolution (GX05) (known as Yu-Gi-Oh! GX The Beginning of Destiny in North America), 2007/2008
- Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Tag Force 3 (GX06), 2008 (Europe/Japan only)
- Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Tag Force 4 (TF04), 2009
- Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Tag Force 5 (TF05), 2010
- Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Tag Force 6 (TF06), 2011 (Japan only)
- Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V Tag Force Special (TFSP), 2015