|Yu-Gi-Oh! GX - Episode 175|
Battle Royal! Judai VS Johan VS Fujiwara
|Japanese air date||
February 20, 2008
|Episode listing||Yu-Gi-Oh! GX episode listing (season 4)|
|Previous||Activate! "Clear World" - Ferocious Negative Effect|
|Next||Rainbow Neos, Protector of Bonds VS Clear Vicious Knight|
"Battle Royal! Judai VS Johan VS Fujiwara", is the one hundred and seventy-fifth episode of the Yu-Gi-Oh! GX anime. It first aired Japan on February 20, 2008.
|This summary is currently incomplete.|
After Nightshroud's defeat of Atticus, the Trueman clones move away, allowing Jaden and Jesse to step forward. Honest appears beside Jaden and is glad that his "master" Yusuke Fujiwara is alive. Jaden promises to save Fujiwara from Nightshroud and activates his Duel Disk. Jesse steps in to aide Jaden, and Nightshroud accepts his involvement on the condition that they play the Duel as a Battle Royal. No players may attack on their first turn, so each player Summons a monster and begins Setting cards. Jaden comments that the last time he and Jesse Dueled together was the against Yubel and Jesse says he'll never forget that Duel, as it gave him the power of the "Rainbow Dragon".
Nightshroud plays "Clear World" and four crystals appear above as the field is transformed into plains of darkness and the Trueman clones disappear. This card will inflict negative effects to each player depending on the attribute of monsters they have face-up. However, Nightshroud's "Clear" monsters are treated as having no attribute, so the card only affects his opponents. Nightshroud reveals that a player that controls an EARTH-attribute monster must destroy one of his monsters during his End Phase, and a player with a WATER-attribute monster must discard a card during their End Phase. Jesse plays "Trap Strap", allowing Jaden to Set his "A Hero Emerges" card after activating it, and Special Summoning "Crystal Beast Sapphire Pegasus" to his field. Nightshroud reveals that a player with a WIND-attribute monster on the field cannot activate any Spell Cards. At this point Nightshroud realizes that Jaden and Jesse working as a team to defeat him will makes things a big problem for him in the duel, so he decides to turn them against each other by exploiting their darkness of heart.
Knowing that Jaden may be able to resist by using Yubel's powers, Nightshroud reads Jesse's mind, attempting to find his darkness of heart to exploit it in an attempt to get him to turn on Jaden. However, he is unable to, as the "Crystal Beasts" and "Rainbow Dragon" block his mental path. However, he makes out a shadowed figure in the background - that of Jaden. Nightshroud determines that Jesse's darkness is that he wants to defeat Jaden in a Duel. Nightshroud states that Jaden and Jesse are very similar, and when they combine their powers, they can nearly create miracles. He says that this Battle Royal is Jesse's chance to defeat Jaden. Jesse admits that he does wish to defeat Jaden, and Summons "Crystal Beast Amethyst Cat", using its effect to attack Jaden directly. Jaden counters with "Damage Interest", giving Jesse back twice the damage he inflicted, while Jesse chains "Damage Capture", increasing the ATK of "Sapphire Pegasus'" by the amount of damage he took. However, Jesse uses it to attack "Clear Rage Golem" instead of "Elemental Hero Clayman", much to Nightshroud's shock. Yusuke thinks that Jesse bluffed him about his darkness, but Jesse explains that he does want to defeat Jaden, but that isn't necessarily darkness, it's just something any Duelist would want. Jaden agrees that he would also like to defeat Jesse, but now is not the time.
Jaden and Jesse continue to work together to thwart Nightshroud's strategies, even finding ways to turn the effect of "Clear World" into advantages. Though Jesse wants to defeat Jaden, he aides him to defeat Nightshroud first, in order to repay Jaden for saving him from Yubel, specifically the explosion caused by "Thousand Buster". Jesse helps Jaden Fusion Summon "Elemental Hero Flame Wingman" Jaden uses it and "Elemental Hero Clayman" to successfully reduces Nightshroud's Life Points to 800. Honest again begs Jaden to save Fujiwara, and Nightshroud counters by Summoning "Clear Vice Dragon" - the monster he used to defeat Atticus.
Featured Duel: Jaden Yuki vs. Jesse Anderson vs. Nightshroud
Turn 1: Nightshroud
Turn 2: Jesse
Turn 3: Jaden
- Summons "Elemental Hero Wildheart" (1500/1600) in Attack Position.
- Sets two cards.
Turn 4: Nightshroud
- Activates Field Spell Card "Clear World", which will inflict a negative effect to each player depending on the attribute of the face-up monsters they control. However, Nightshroud's "Clear" monsters are treated as having no attribute while on the field, rendering him immune to "Clear World".
- Summons "Clear Rage Golem" (1600/1800) in Attack Position.
- Attacks "Wildheart" with "Clear Phantom" (Nightshroud 3700), activating its effect to destroy "Wildheart" and force Jaden to discard "Elemental Hero Burstinatrix", "Elemental Hero Bubbleman" and "Elemental Hero Neos" from the top of his Deck to the Graveyard.
- Attacks directly with "Clear Rage Golem", but Jaden activates "A Hero Emerges", Special Summoning "Elemental Hero Clayman" (800/2000) in Defense Position.
- Jesse activates his face-down "Trap Strap", allowing Jaden to re-Set his Trap Card and allowing Jesse to Special Summon "Crystal Beast Sapphire Pegasus" (1800/1200) from his Deck in Attack Position, whose own effect Jesse uses to place "Crystal Beast Amber Mammoth" in his Spell & Trap Card Zone.
- A replay occurs, and Nightshroud opts not to attack.
- Activates his face-down "Clear Wall", which makes his Attack Position "Clear" monsters immune to destruction in battle, and from Battle Damage of less than 1000. Should he take more than 1000 damage in an attack, he may destroy "Clear Wall" to negate the damage.
Turn 5: Jesse
- Summons "Crystal Beast Amethyst Cat" (1200/400) in Attack Position.
- Halves it's attack to attack Jaden directly (Jaden 3400).
- Jaden activates his face-down "Damage Interest", inflicting twice the amount of damage he received to Jesse (Jesse 2800). Jesse chains "Damage Capture", increasing "Sapphire Pegasus'" attack points by the amount of damage he received for the duration of the turn, to 3000.
- Attacks "Clear Rage Golem" with "Crystal Beast Sapphire Pegasus", with Nightshroud destroying "Clear Wall" to negate the damage.
- Sets two cards.
- During the End Phase, "Clear World" forces Jesse to destroy one of his face-up monsters, since he has a face-up EARTH-attribute monster ("Amethyst Cat").[Notes 1] Jesse chooses to destroy "Amethyst Cat", which moves to his Spell & Trap Card Zone. He also must discard one card since he has the WATER-attribute "Emerald Tortoise" on his field. He discards "Crystal Beast Cobalt Eagle".
Turn 6: Jaden
- Switches "Clayman" to Attack Position.
- Jesse activates "Sapphire Revive", Special Summoning "Burstinatrix" (1200/800) from Jaden's Graveyard and Summoning a "Crystal Beast" with defense equal to the attack of the Summoned monster to his field. He Special Summons "Cobalt Eagle" (1400/800) from his Graveyard.
- Activates "Polymerization", fusing his "Burstinatrix" with the "Elemental Hero Avian" in his hand to Fusion Summon "Elemental Hero Flame Wingman" (2100/1200). As it is a WIND-attribute monster, Jaden cannot activate Spell Cards due to "Clear World". 
- Attacks "Clear Rage Golem" with "Elemental Hero Flame Wingman" (Nightshroud 3200), with it's effect inflicting damage to Nightshroud equal to his destroyed monster's attack points (Nightshroud 1600).
- Attacks directly with "Clayman" (Nightshroud 800).
- During his End Phase, "Clear World" forces him to destroy a monster on his field since he has the EARTH-attribute "Clayman" face-up. He chooses to destroy "Clayman".
Turn 7: Nightshroud
- Activates "Clear Sacrifice", removing "Clear Phantom" and "Clear Rage Golem" in his Graveyard from play to Special Summon "Clear Vice Dragon" (0/0) without Tribute in Attack Position.
Duel continues in the next episode.
The following cars appeared in this episode. Cards in italics debuted here.
- ↑ In the TCG/OCG, the effect of "Clear World" that affects WIND-attribute monsters is that one must pay 500 Life Points to activate a Spell Card, it does not disallow them entirely. Its effect for EARTH-attribute monsters requires one to destroy a Defense Position monster during one's Standby Phase, not any monster during their End Phase.