|Yu-Gi-Oh! GX - Episode 166|
Armed Dragon VS Dragoon D-END!
|Japanese air date||
December 19, 2007
|Episode listing||Yu-Gi-Oh! GX episode listing (season 4)|
|Previous||Aim for it, Manjoume! The Path to a Pro Duelist!|
|Next||Gratitude Duel! Cronos vs Original Dropout Boy|
"Armed Dragon VS Dragoon D-END!" is the one hundred and sixty-sixth episode of the Yu-Gi-Oh! GX anime. It first aired in Japan on December 19, 2007.
Chazz Duels Aster in a faux Duel organized by Mike, the duplicitous television producer. Chazz enlists Jaden's help to even the odds, as if he wishes to defeat Aster, then he wants to do it on his own, not due to Mike's interference.
|This summary is currently incomplete.|
Mike, the television producer, runs an elaborate ad campaign advertising a Duel between Aster and Chazz. Aster is made to claim that he dislikes that Chazz's popularity as the pro Duelist "Ojamanjoume" is growing, and wishes to Duel him with their pro careers on the line. Ojama Yellow watches the preview of this on TV and says it's completely wrong. Chazz questions Mike's intentions, and Mike states that the public wanted to know the truth about Aster's retirement, so he simply played that up during the commercial, commenting it took a lot of money to make such edits. They move to the balcony, and Mike comments that Chazz's fans would gladly scramble for a piece of trash dropped from it. Chazz's popularity has skyrocketed as Mike builds a television campaign around him.
Emeralda sends Chazz a note, which details Aster's current whereabouts. In a small town, Aster plays with young children outside a school, and Emeralda reveals that Aster donates almost all of the money he makes Dueling to charity, to aide fellow orphans like himself. She also shows him pictures that the security camera took the night that the briefcase with the "Ultimate D Card" disappeared. They show Mike sneaking into the warehouse and making off with the case. He had done so to discredit Aster, as Aster had not wished to go along with Mike's plans of Dueling for comedy instead of victory. She reveals that Mike has threatened to buy this school and demolish it if Aster does not participate in a faux Duel with Chazz - during which Aster will lose purposely.
Pretending to be oblivious to Mike's plans, Chazz meets with him and the latter tells him they will have Aster lose to him on purpose, with Mike commenting that there's no way Chazz could defeat Aster on his own. The Duel will take place at Duel Academy, and Chazz tells Mike he does not wish to mess this up, so he wants Mike to give him specific instructions via headset during the Duel. The day of the Duel, Syrus Truesdale and Tyranno Hassleberry attempt to get Jaden Yuki to come watch it, but he declines. When he gets back to his room, he finds Chazz in the rafters, who states that he needs to depend Jaden for something, and describes this as the biggest request of his lifetime. At the arena, the Duel is set to begin, with Mike instructing Aster to give it his all until otherwise instructed. Aster Summons "Destiny Hero - Dreadmaster" early on, and reduces Chazz's Life Points to 1600, as Chazz plays defense with his "Masked Dragons".
Jaden arrives at Mike's room to find Emeralda already inside. Chazz had requested that Jaden find the "Ultimate D Card" and return it to Aster. By her own accord, Emeralda has opted to do the same thing. However, the card isn't in the room, so they determine Mike must have it on him. At the Duel, Chazz Summons two copies of "Armed Dragon LV5", and reduces Aster to 1000 Life Points with them, then evolving them into two "Armed Dragon LV7s". With that, Aster comments that Chazz has become an opponent worthy of defeating, but Mike chooses this time to end the serious Dueling, and insists Aster now lose. At this point, the lights in the arena go out and Jaden sneaks up behind Mike, breaking a bag of Pharaoh's fleas over the man's head. Itching horribly, Mike strips to his undergarments, scratching furiously, revealing the card hanging around his neck. Jaden shows the card to the President of the Senrigan Group and reveals to the crowd that Mike orchestrated Aster's retirement from the beginning. Jaden throws the card to Aster, and the Senrigan Group's president tells him there's no longer a reason to retire, as the card has returned.
Mike refuses to go down without a fight, claiming that Chazz was his accomplice the whole time, as Chazz "swindled" the crowd by pretending to be weak just to get laughs. Jaden urges him to prove he's not weak and show them all his true strength. Chazz removes his costume, revealing his signature black uniform underneath and claims he's not "Ojamanjoume" but "Manjoume Thunder" (the English version of previous episodes changed this to his catchphrase of "Chazz it Up!", as it is more or less an untranslatable pun on Chazz's name and on Japanese honorifics). As Mike is lead away by the Senrigan Group's security detail, Chazz and Aster resume their Duel, with both giving it their all. Using "Destiny Hero - Plasma" equipped with Chazz's "Armed Dragon LV7" and the "D - Chain" card, Aster reduces Chazz's remaining Life Points to 100. He plays "D - Acceleration", wishing to use it to end the Duel, but Chazz hangs on by activating his face-down "Level Bond", Special Summoning "Armed Dragon LV7" from his Graveyard. Aster then plays "Polymerization", fusing "Plasma" with "Destiny Hero - Dogma" to Fusion Summon "Destiny End Dragoon", the aforementioned "Ultimate D Card."
Chazz Summons "Armed Dragon LV10" and hopes to use its effect to discard a card and destroy Aster's "Destiny End Dragoon", but said card is immune to all Monster, Spell and Trap effects. Chazz attacks, destroying both monsters, and Aster reveals that he can revive "Destiny End Dragoon" during his own turn by removing a Destiny Hero in his Graveyard from play. Chazz states he'll just defeat Aster this turn, then. He Summons "Ojama Yellow" from his Graveyard using the effect of the "Ojamarking" he discarded and goes so far as call "Ojama Yellow" the "ace card" of his Deck. He activates his face-down "Pride Shout", allowing a monster with 0 ATK to inflict damage to the opponent equal to its DEF if it successfully attacks directly. This reduces Aster's Life Points to zero, and Chazz wins. Almost as soon as the Duel ends, Chancellor Sheppard starts receiving phone calls, with various corporations wishing to sponsor Chazz as he furthers his Pro League career. Aster walks off, and states that he'll return this loss to Chazz on another date, but urges him to respond to the crowd that's supported him.
Featured Duel: Chazz Princeton vs. Aster PhoenixEdit
Turn 1: Aster
- Activates "Clock Tower Prison": During each of Chazz's Standby Phases, it gains a Clock Counter. If 4 or more Counters are on "Clock Tower Prison", all Battle Damage to Aster is reduced to 0. If "Clock Tower Prison" is destroyed while having 4 Clock Counters or more on it, Aster can also Special Summon "Destiny Hero - Dreadmaster".
- Sets a card.
- Activates "D - Spirit": Since he controls no "Destiny Hero" monsters, he can Special Summon a "Destiny Hero" Level 4 or below from his hand, and he targets "Destiny Hero - Dread Servant" (400/700) in Attack Position.
- When Normal or Special Summoned while "Clock Tower Prison" is in play, "Dread Servant" places a Clock Counter on the card. It now has a total of 1.[Notes 1]
- Summons "Destiny Hero - Diamond Dude" (1400/1600) in Attack Position.
- "Diamond Dude" allows Aster to check the top card on his Deck. If it is a Normal Spell Card, he can show it to his opponent and activate it on his next turn from the Graveyard; if not, the card goes to the bottom of his Deck. The top card is "Destiny Draw", so he sends it to the Graveyard. On his next turn, he can activate its effect (even if "Diamond Dude" is no longer on the field).
Turn 2: Chazz
- During Chazz's Standby Phase, another Clock Counter is added to "Clock Tower Prison". It now has a total of 2.
- Summons "Masked Dragon" (1400/1100) in Attack Position.
- "Masked Dragon" attacks "Diamond Dude": Since the ATK of both monsters are equal, they are both destroyed.
- "Masked Dragon's" effect activates: When destroyed in battle, "Masked Dragon" enables Chazz to Special Summon a Dragon-Type monster from his Deck, as long as it has 1500 ATK or less. He targets a second "Masked Dragon" (1400/1100) in Attack Position.
- "Masked Dragon" attacks and destroys "Dread Servant".
- Aster activates his face-down "Eternal Dread": 2 Clock Counters are placed on "Clock Tower Prison", giving it a total of 4; as such "Clock Tower Prison" reduces the Battle Damage to 0.
- With "Dread Servant" destroyed, Aster can now destroy 1 Spell or Trap that he controls. He targets "Clock Tower Prison".
- Since "Clock Tower Prison" was destroyed while having 4 Clock Counters, Aster Special Summons "Destiny Hero - Dreadmaster" (?/?) in Attack Position.
- When Special Summoned by the effect of "Clock Tower Prison", "Dreadmaster" Special Summons 2 other "Destiny Hero" monsters from Aster's Graveyard. Aster targets "Dread Servant" (400/700) and "Diamond Dude" (1400/1600), both in Attack Position from his Graveyard.
- "Dreadmaster's" original ATK and DEF are both equal to the total ATK of all other "Destiny Hero" monsters that Aster controls (1800/1800).
- Sets 3 cards.
Turn 3: Aster
- Thanks to the effect of "Diamond Dude", "Destiny Draw" activates its effect from the Graveyard: Aster is permitted to draw two cards without discarding a "Destiny Hero" from his hand.
- Summons "Destiny Hero - Celestial" (1600/1400)
- "Destiny Hero - Dreadmaster" gains ATK and DEF equal to the ATK of "Celestial" (3400/3400).
- "Dreadmaster" attacks and destroys "Masked Dragon" (Chazz: 4000 → 2000 LP)
- When destroyed in battle, "Masked Dragon" allows Chazz to Special Summon a Dragon-Type monster from his Deck, if its ATK is 1500 or less, and he targets his third "Masked Dragon" (1400/1100), in Defense Position.
- "Diamond Dude" attacks and destroys "Masked Dragon".
- Due to "Masked Dragon's" effect, Chazz targets "Armed Dragon LV3" (1200/900), Special Summoning it in Defense Position from his Deck.
- "Celestial" attacks and destroys "Armed Dragon LV3".
- "Dread Servant attacks Chazz directly (Chazz: 2000 → 1600 LP).
- Chazz activates "Direct Border": Monsters with an ATK of 1000 or more cannot attack; also, since Chazz took Battle Damage from a monster with an ATK of less than 1000, he can also draw 1 card.
- Sets a card.
Turn 4: Chazz
- Summons "Ojama Yellow" (0/1000) in Attack Position.
- Activates his face-down "Level Soul": Chazz must Tribute a monster he controls (he targets "Ojama Yellow") and remove from play a "LV" monster from his Graveyard (he targets "Armed Dragon LV3"); in exchange, while ignoring the Summoning conditions, he can now Special Summon a monster from his Deck, if its name is written in the card text of the removed monster. He targets "Armed Dragon LV5" (2400/1700) in Attack Position (since its name was written in the card text of "Armed Dragon LV3").
- Activates "Level Copy": Chazz can Special Summon a "LV" monster from his hand or Deck, if its name is the same as a monster he controls. A second "Armed Dragon LV5" (2400/1700) is summoned, also in Attack Position.
- The 2 "Armed Dragon LV5" attack and destroy "Dread Servant" and "Diamond Dude" (Aster: 4000 → 2000 → 1000 LP): In doing so, "Destiny Hero - Dreadmaster" loses ATK and DEF equal to the combined ATK of the destroyed "Destiny Hero" monsters (1600/1600).
- Sets a card.
- During his End Phase, since both of his "Armed Dragon LV5" destroyed monsters in battle, they are sent to the Graveyard, and 2 "Armed Dragon LV7" (2800/1000) are Special Summoned in Attack Position in their place.
Turn 5: Aster
- Summons "Destiny Hero - Defender" (100/2700) in Defense Position: While in face-up Defense Position, this card allows Chazz to draw 1 card during his Standby Phase.
- "Destiny Hero - Dreadmaster" gains ATK and DEF equal to the ATK of "Defender" (1700/1700).
- Tributes "Dreadmaster", "Defender", and "Celestial" to Special Summon "Destiny Hero - Plasma" (1900/600) in Attack Position.
- Once per turn, "Plasma" can equip itself with 1 monster Chazz controls and gain half the ATK of the equipped monster, as well as any effect(s) it may have.[Notes 2] It targets 1 "Armed Dragon LV7" (3300/600).
- Activates his face-down "D - Chain": "Plasma" gains 500 ATK (3800/600), and can now inflict 500 damage to Chazz if it destroys 1 of Chazz's monsters in battle.
- "Plasma" attacks and destroys the other "Armed Dragon LV7" (Chazz: 1600 → 600 LP).
- Chazz takes 500 more damage due to "D - Chain" (Chazz: 600 → 100 LP).
- Activates "D - Acceleration": "D - Chain" and the equipped "Armed Dragon LV7" are destroyed while equipped to "Plasma", but now, its ATK is halved (950/600), and it is permitted to attack again.
- Chazz activates his face-down "Level Bond": He can Special Summon an "LV" monster from his Graveyard, ignoring the Summoning Conditions, He targets 1 of his "Armed Dragon LV7" (2800/1000), but Aster can now draw 2 cards.
- A replay occurs, and Aster opts not to attack.
- Activates "Polymerization", sending to the Graveyard Destiny Heroes "Plasma" (from the field) and "Dogma" (from his hand) to Fusion Summon "Destiny End Dragoon" (3000/3000) in Attack Position.
Turn 6: Chazz
- Tributes "Armed Dragon LV7" to Special Summon "Armed Dragon LV10" (3000/2000).
- Sends 1 card from his hand to the Graveyard ("Ojamarking"), which allows "Armed Dragon LV10" to destroy all face-up monsters Aster controls; however, "Destiny End Dragoon" cannot be targeted and is unaffected by card effects.[Notes 3]
- "Armed Dragon LV10" attacks "Destiny End Dragoon", destroying both itself and "Destiny End Dragoon".
- "Ojamarking" activates its effect while in the Graveyard: When a monster Chazz controls is destroyed in battle, "Ojamarking" is removed from play from his Graveyard, and Chazz is allowed to Special Summon an "Ojama" monster from his Graveyard. He targets "Ojama Yellow" (0/1000) in Attack Position.
- "Ojama Yellow" attacks Aster directly, with Chazz activating his face-down "Pride Shout": Since a monster with 0 ATK attacked Aster directly, Aster takes damage equal to that monster's DEF (Aster: 1000 → 0 LP).
- Chazz wins.
The following cards appeared in this episode. Cards in italics debuted here.
- ↑ In the TCG/OCG, the effect of "Destiny Hero - Dread Servant" can only be activated when he is Normal Summoned.
- ↑ In the OCG/TCG, "Destiny Hero - Plasma" does not gain the effects of its equipped monster.
- ↑ In the TCG/OCG, "Destiny End Dragoon" cannot prevent itself from being affected by card effects.