|Yu-Gi-Oh! GX - Episode 163|
Challenge from Psycho Shocker
|Japanese air date||
November 28, 2007
|Episode listing||Yu-Gi-Oh! GX episode listing (season 4)|
|Previous||Judai VS Asuka: Face-down card of Hidden Emotions|
|Next||The Inherited Cyberdark Dragon|
"Challenge from Psycho Shocker" is the one hundred and sixty-third episode of the Yu-Gi-Oh! GX anime. It first aired in Japan on November 28, 2007.
Zane washes up on the beach around Duel Academy, somehow still alive. A Psycho-Style Duelist named Makoto Inotsume defeats Chancellor Sheppard and wishes to Duel Zane to destroy the Cyber Style once and all. Zane is still recovering from his heart problems, but Duels Inotsume anyway.
|This summary is currently incomplete.|
A helicopter carrying Chancellor Sheppard has crashed on a small island while en route back to Duel Academy. As the pilot calls for help, Sheppard Duels their mysterious attacker, but loses as his "Cyber Ogre" is destroyed. His opponent comments that Sheppard's skills were not impressive, despite him being the formal master of the Cyber Style. He introduces himself as Makoto Inotsume, a licensed holder of the Psycho Style. He states that his true target is the current master of the Cyber Style - Zane. Thought to be missing, Inotsume believes him to be alive.
At Duel Academy's infirmary, Zane sits in a wheelchair, his heart still very weak. Nurse Fontaine reveals that he should make a full recovery if he doesn't exert himself. Regardless, no one is sure how he is alive, he had inexplicably washed up the shores of Duel Academy some weeks earlier, despite his heart stopping when he lost his last Duel against Yubel. Zane brother's, Syrus pushes his wheelchair along the beach, and the two talk. Syrus reveals that Alexis has been accepted into an American Duel college, and Syrus recalls Zane's graduation match against Jaden. Syrus states that both Zane and Jaden have changed a lot since that Duel. Zane asks what Syrus plans for his future - he doesn't want to spend it watching over Jaden. Zane states it's Syrus' turn to change now.
Nurse Fontaine receives a call from Chancellor Sheppard, and she runs to Zane to allow him to speak with him. Sheppard warns him of Inotsume's vendetta against Cyber Style Duelists, and urges Zane to leave the island now, as he is in no condition to Duel. Syrus promises to keep Zane from Dueling, and Sheppard states he's counting on it. Zane claims that both Sheppard and Syrus are overreacting. That night, Inotsume arrives on the island, and throws a note through Zane's window, stating he'll be waiting at the beach at midnight. Syrus arrives later to find Zane's room empty, and rushes to find him before the Duel begins. He gets Jaden to help him, but they are too late.
Inotsume thanks Zane for accepting his challenge and not running, and states that Psycho Style was written out of history as an "improper style", and that tonight is the night that changes, and the legacy of Cyber Style is destroyed. The Duel begins, and Inotsume dominates, using "Drillago" and "Limiter Removal" to reduce Zane to 800 Life Points on his first turn. He also activates "DNA Erasure Magic", which prevents a specified Type of monster from being sent to the Graveyard. He declares Dragon-Type, which more or less seals the power of "Cyberdark Dragon". With every card Zane plays, his heart gives out more and more. Zane manages to avoid taking any more damage using "Power Wall" and "Fusion Guard", and intends to activate "Rebirth Judgment", which would let him turn all monsters in the Graveyard into Dragon-Types, allowing him to circumvent the effect of Inotsume's "DNA Erasure Magic". However, his heart gives out after activating it, and he collapses.
Inotsume asks if he's surrendering, which would mean that the Cyber Style dojo would be abolished. Syrus goes to move Zane's hand to top of his Deck to indicate a surrender. But when Syrus' hand touches the Deck, he receives a shock. Syrus decides he will take over and continue the Duel in Zane's stead, stating that neither Cyber Style nor his brother will bow to Psycho Style. Inotsume gives Syrus three days to train using Zane's Deck before they Duel, opting to start a new Duel rather than continue this one.
Featured Duel - Zane Truesdale vs. Makoto InotsumeEdit
Turn 1: Zane
Turn 2: Inotsume
- Summons "Drillago" (1600/1000).
- Activates "Limiter Removal" to double "Drillago's" ATK (3200/1000).
- Attacks directly via "Drillago's" effect (Zane 800).
- Activates "DNA Erasure Magic" and declares Dragon-Type for its effect. From now as long as this card remains face-up, all monsters of the declared type are removed from play instead of going to the Graveyard.
- Sets a card.
- During the End Phase, "Drillago" is destroyed due to "Limiter Removal".
Turn 3: Zane
- Summons "Cyberdark Keel" (800/800).
- Attacks directly with "Infernal Dragon", but Inotsume activates his face-down "Call of the Haunted" to Special Summon "Drillago" (1600/1000) in Attack Position from his Graveyard, which "Infernal Dragon" destroys instead (Inotsume 3600).
- Attacks directly with "Cyberdark Keel" (Inotsume 2800).
- Sets three cards.
- During the End Phase, "Infernal Dragon" is sent to the Graveyard since it declared an attack, but "DNA Erasure Magic" causes it to be removed from play instead.
Turn 4: Inotsume
- Summons "Jinzo - Returner" (600/0).
- Attacks directly with "Jinzo - Returner's" effect, but Zane activates his face-down "Power Wall" and sends "Cyberdark Edge", "Cyberdark Horn", "Polymerization", "Card from a Different Dimension", "Different Dimension Capsule" and "Power Bond" from the top of his Deck to negate all damage.
- Activates "Psychic Wave" and sends "Jinzo" from his Deck to the Graveyard, but Zane activates his face-down "Fusion Guard" and sends "Cyber End Dragon" from his Fusion Deck to the Graveyard to negate the effect of "Psychic Wave".
- Sets a card.
Turn 5: Zane
- Activates his face-down "Rebirth Judgment"
At this point, Zane collapses due to his heart problems and is unable to continue, so the Duel ends with no result.
The following cards appeared in this episode. Cards in italics debuted here.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 This card is sent from the top of his Deck to the Graveyard via the effect of "Power Wall".
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 This card be seen as part of his Fusion Deck after activating "Fusion Guard".