|Yu-Gi-Oh! GX - Episode 152|
Activate Super Fusion! Rainbow Neos
The Power Within, Part 2
|Japanese air date||
September 12, 2007
|English air date||
July 5, 2008
|Episode listing||Yu-Gi-Oh! GX episode listing (season 3)|
|Previous||The Power Within, Part 1|
|Next||Return of the Supreme King, Part 1|
"The Power Within, Part 2", known as "Activate Super Fusion! Rainbow Neos" in the Japanese version, is the one hundred and fifty-second episode of the Yu-Gi-Oh! GX anime. It first aired in Japan on September 12, 2007 and in the US on July 5, 2008.
Jaden continues his Duel with Yubel, with him intent on saving Jesse. The Crystal Beasts contact him, and wish to be freed from Yubel's influence themselves. Ultimately, Jaden releases Jesse by purifying "Rainbow Dragon", though the Duel ends in a draw.
|This summary is currently incomplete.|
Jaden's Duel with Yubel continues, with the latter still possessing Jesse, whose soul has been sealed in the "Rainbow Dragon" card. Yubel accuses Jaden of hypocrisy for his desire to save Jesse, as he did nothing for Yubel when she confined alone in darkness while she was in space. Jaden tries once again to get Yubel to release Jesse, but she refuses once again and the duel continues. When Jaden Summons "Winged Kuriboh" and "Rainbow Dark Dragon" destroys it, the Crystal Beasts are able to reach out to Jaden through Winged Kuriboh's light, and they beg him to save Jesse - and them, from Yubel's control. Angered by this, Yubel orders "Advanced Crystal Beast Topaz Tiger" to attack Jaden directly as punishment for disobeying her, despite the fact that Jaden can take no damage that turn.
Jaden Summons "Elemental Hero Storm Neos", destroying "Advanced Dark". This finally allows his voice to reach Jesse. Yubel again accuses him of hypocrisy, as he never went to look for her after she disappeared. Jaden plays "Super Polymerization" and Fusion Summons "Rainbow Neos", purifying "Rainbow Dark Dragon" and freeing Jesse. At this point, Yubel releases her hold on Jesse's body, and he falls unconscious, while Yubel herself continues the Duel. Yubel reveals she activated "Last Trick" to take "Super Polymerization", which was her goal from the start, and the reason she orchestrated Jaden's descent into darkness as The Supreme King in the first place. She then ends the Duel in a draw using "Thousand Buster" and the explosion caused by it nearly engulfs Jesse, but Jaden narrowly gets him out in time.
Turn 5: Jesse/Yubel
(Continues from the previous episode)
- "Advanced Crystal Beast Sapphire Pegasus" and "Advanced Crystal Beast Topaz Tiger" attack Jaden directly.
- Jaden activates his Set "Neo-Space Road": As his "Elemental Hero Neos" was destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard, he can draw 1 card and end the Battle Phase.
- Sets a card.
Turn 6: Jaden
- Activates "Convert Contact": Since he controls no monsters, he sends "Neo-Spacians" "Grand Mole" (from his hand) and "Flare Scarab" (from his Deck) to the Graveyard to draw 2 cards.
- Summons "Elemental Hero Bubbleman" (800/1200) in Defense Position: As it is the only card Jaden controls, its effect allows him to draw 2 more cards.[Notes 1]
- Sets a card.
Turn 7: Jesse/Yubel
- "Sapphire Pegasus" attacks and destroys "Bubbleman".
- "Rainbow Dark Dragon" attacks Jaden directly.
- Jaden activates his Set "The Flute of Summoning Kuriboh" to Special Summon "Winged Kuriboh" (300/200) in Defense Position.
- A replay triggers, and "Rainbow Dark Dragon" attacks and destroys "Winged Kuriboh", whose effect reduces any Battle Damage Jaden takes for this turn to 0.
- On this note, the spirits of the true "Crystal Beast" monsters are able to contact Jaden, explaining that they wish to be free of Yubel's influence. They inform Jaden that "Advanced Dark" must be destroyed if he wants to free them from its evil control.
- As punishment for defying her, Yubel orders "Topaz Tiger" to attack Jaden directly, with "Winged Kuriboh's" effect still allowing Jaden to take no Battle Damage.
Turn 8: Jaden
- Activates "Cocoon Party": With 2 "Neo-Spacian" monsters in the Graveyard, he can Special Summon 2 "Chrysalis" monsters from his Deck. He targets "Chrysalis Dolphin" (400/600) and "Chrysalis Chicky" (600/400).
- Activates "Contact", Tributing his "Chrysalis Dolphin" and "Chrysalis Chicky" to Special Summon their respective "Neo-Spacian" forms: "Neo-Spacian Aqua Dolphin" (600/800) and "Neo-Spacian Air Hummingbird" (800/600), and both in Attack Position.
- Uses "Air Hummingbird's" effect to gain 500 Life Points for each card in Jesse's hand, and he currently holds 2 (Jaden: 300 → 1300).
- Activates "O - Oversoul" to Special Summon "Elemental Hero Neos" (2500/2000) from the Graveyard in Attack Position.
- Returns "Neos", "Aqua Dolphin", and "Air Hummingbird" from the field to his Deck to Special Summon "Elemental Hero Storm Neos" (3000/2500) in Attack Position.
- Once per turn, "Storm Neos" can destroy all Spells and Traps on the field. Jesse's face-down "M-Force" and "Advanced Dark" are both destroyed (as are the "Advanced Crystal Beast" cards).[Notes 2]
- Equips "Storm Neos" with "Instant Neo Space": This card enables Jaden to keep "Storm Neos" on the field instead of returning it to his Fusion Deck during the End Phase of his turn.
Turn 9: Jesse/Yubel
- "Rainbow Dark Dragon" attacks and destroys "Elemental Hero Storm Neos" (Jaden: 1300 → 300).
- With "Storm Neos" removed from the field, "Instant Neo Space" allows Jaden to Special Summon "Elemental Hero Neos" (2500/2000) from his Deck.
- Sets 2 cards.
Turn 10: Jaden
- Activates "Fifth Hope", which enables him to shuffle Elemental Heroes "Avian", "Burstinatrix", "Flame Wingman", "Storm Neos" and "Bubbleman" from his Graveyard back into his Deck and draw two cards.
- Activates "Super Polymerization", discarding "Contact Out" for the cost: This allows Jaden to send his "Neos" and Jesse's "Rainbow Dark Dragon" from the field to their Graveyards to Fusion Summon "Rainbow Neos" (4500/3000) in Attack Position.
- With "Rainbow Dark Dragon" having left the field, Jesse's soul is freed and reunited with his body (as his soul was trapped within that monster).
- Yubel takes over for Jesse and activates "Last Trick", which allows her to add "Super Polymerization" to her hand instead of letting it go to the Graveyard, and "Thousand Buster": By paying 1000 of Jesse's Life Points, she can inflict 1000 damage to both Jesse and Jaden (Jesse: 1500 → 500 → 0) (Jaden: 300 → 0).
- The Duel ends in a Draw.
- Before the explosion from "Thousand Buster" reaches Jesse, Jaden is able to get him to safety—but now, Yubel has the card she needs to complete her master plan: "Super Polymerization".
The following cards appeared in this episode. Cards in italics debuted here.
- ↑ In the TCG/OCG, the effect of "Elemental Hero Bubbleman" can only be used when it is the only card in your hand and on your side of the field after being summoned.
- ↑ In the OCG/TCG, "Advanced Dark" does not destroy "Crystal Beast" monsters if it is destroyed.