|Yu-Gi-Oh! GX - Episode 140|
Kūzenzetsugo Chō Yūgō Hatsudō!
The First and Probably the Last - Super Fusion Is Activated!
A Sight Unseen, Part 2
|Japanese air date||
June 13, 2007
|English air date||
April 19, 2008
|Episode listing||Yu-Gi-Oh! GX episode listing (season 3)|
|Previous||A Sight Unseen, Part 1|
|Next||What Lies Beneath, Part 1|
"A Sight Unseen, Part 2", known as "The First and Probably the Last - Super Fusion Is Activated!" in the Japanese version, is the one hundred and fortieth episode of the Yu-Gi-Oh! GX anime. It first aired in Japan on June 13, 2007 and in the US on April 19, 2008.
Jim Crocodile Cook's Duel against The Supreme King continues, with Jim attempting to save Jaden Yuki from the darkness of his own heart. Jim has "Fossil Warrior Skullknight" on his field and 950 Life Points remaining while the King has no monsters out and has 1950 Life Points remaining(1850 in the dub; see episode 139 for more info). The King then brings out "Evil Hero Malicious Edge" and then uses it to destroy Jim's monster. Elsewhere, two young children are running from the Supreme King's army. They are saved by Syrus Truesdale, who leads them to a safe hiding spot. Jim is ultimately reduced to only 50 Life Points and Axel begins to fear that he may have to step in to Duel the King himself soon. He doesn't believe he'd be able to win, and to his own surprise, is actually scared of him.
The Eye of Orichalcum activates and Jim has a revelation - the lower the King's Life Points go, the more likely he is to be able to reach Jaden through the layers of darkness. He manages to Summon "Gaia Plate the Earth Giant" and reduce The Supreme King's Life Points to 50 - equal to his own. Jim believes he'll finally be able to reach Jaden, but he's wrong. The King, still in control, counters with "Super Polymerization" allowing him to use Jim's monster as a Fusion Material along with his own "Evil Hero Infernal Gainer" to Summon "Evil Hero Dark Gaia", which defeats Jim.
As Jim and Shirley disappear, the Eye of Orichalcum passes to Axel and the King asks him if he'll be his next opponent. The eye glows red once more, but Axel runs away in fear, rather than facing him.
|This summary is currently incomplete.|
Featured Duel: Jim Crocodile Cook vs. The Supreme KingEdit
Duel continues from the previous episode.
Turn 4: Supreme King
- Activates "O - Oversoul", Special Summoning "Elemental Hero Avian" (1000/1000) from his Graveyard in Attack Position.
- Tributes "Avian" to Summon "Evil Hero Malicious Edge" (2600/1800), which can be Normal Summoned with one Tribute if his opponent controls a monster.
- Attacks and destroys "Fossil Warrior Skullknight" (Jim 750).
Turn 5: Jim
- Activates "Sacred Defense Barrier". As long as this card is in play, each Rock-Type monster Summoned will gain a Protection Counter, which Jim can remove to prevent its destruction once.
- Summons "Uluru's Guardian" (0/2300) in Defense Position, which gains a Protection Counter.
Turn 6: Supreme King
- Attacks "Uluru's Guardian" with "Malicious Edge", but Jim removes the Protection Counter to prevent it from being destroyed. However, "Malicious Edge's" piercing effect still forces Jim to take Battle Damage (Jim 450).
Turn 7: Jim
- Sets a card.
Turn 8: Supreme King
- Summons "Evil Hero Infernal Gainer" (1600/0) in Attack Position.
- Attacks and destroys "Uluru's Guardian" with "Malicious Edge" (Jim 150).
- Attacks directly with "Infernal Gainer", but Jim activates his face-down "Uluru, the Guardian Spirit", which allows him to Summon the card as a Trap Monster since "Uluru's Guardian" was destroyed (0/2500).
- Removes "Infernal Gainer" from play using it's own effect. It will return in two turns, but "Malicious Edge can attack again.[Notes 1]
- Attacks and destroys "Uluru, the Guardian Spirit" with "Malicious Edge" (Jim 50).
Turn 9: Jim
- Activates "Fossil Hammer", destroying The King's "Evil Hero Malicious Edge" and Special Summoning a monster in The King's Graveyard with a lower level in it's place - "Elemental Hero Avian" (1000/1000).
- Summons "Fossil Dyna Pachycephalo" (1200/1300) in Attack Position; "Sacred Defense Barrier" gives it a Protection Counter.
- Attacks and destroys "Avian" with "Fossil Dyna Pachycephalo" (The Supreme King 1650).
- Activates "Fossil Dyna Pachycephalo's" effect, switching it to Defense Position and increasing its DEF by the DEF of the monster it destroyed until The King's next End Phase.[Notes 2]
Turn 10: Supreme King
- Activates "Dark Fusion", fusing "Elemental Hero Clayman" and "Elemental Hero Sparkman" to Fusion Summon "Evil Hero Lightning Golem" (2400/1500) in Attack Position.[Notes 3]
- Activates "Lightning Golem's" effect, intending to destroy "Fossil Dyna Pachycephalo", but Jim removes the Protection Counter to prevent it's destruction.
- Attacks and destroys "Fossil Dyna Pachycephalo" with "Lightning Golem".
Turn 11: Jim
- Activates "Miracle Rupture", sending "Weathering Soldier" (a Rock-type monster) from his Deck to his Graveyard to draw a card.
- Removes "Fossil Warrior Skullbone" and "Fossil Warrior Skullknight" in his Graveyard from play to Summon "Gaia Plate the Earth Giant" (2800/2600) in Attack Position.
- Attacks "Lightning Golem", which activates "Gaia Plate's" effect when it battles, halving "Lightning Golem's" ATK and DEF (The Supreme King 50).
Turn 12: Supreme King
- Two turns have passed, so "Evil Hero Infernal Gainer" (1600/0) returns to the field in Attack Position.
- Activates "Super Polymerization", discarding "Fake Hero" to fuse his "Infernal Gainer" with Jim's "Gaia Plate" in order to Fusion Summon "Evil Hero Dark Gaia" (?/0) in attack position. It's attack is the sum of it's Fusion Materials (ATK 4400).[Notes 4]
- Attacks directly with "Dark Gaia" (Jim 0).
- The Supreme King wins.
The following cards appeared in this episode. Cards in italics debuted here.
In both versions, "Evil Hero Dark Gaia" has no tail during two scenes.
- ↑ In the TCG/OCG "Evil Hero Infernal Gainer" can only activate its effect during the owner's Main Phase 1.
- ↑ In the TCG/OCG, "Fossil Dyna Pachycephalo" does not have this effect.
- ↑ In the TCG/OCG, the effect of the "Fossil Dyna Pachycephalo" would prevent Special Summons.
- ↑ In the TCG/OCG, "Evil Hero Dark Gaia" cannot be Fusion Summoned except with "Dark Fusion", and "Super Polymerization" has no effect that ignores Summoning conditions.