|Yu-Gi-Oh! GX - Episode 132|
Seishi wo Kaketa Dyueru
A Life-or-Death Duel
A New World Order
|Japanese air date||
April 18, 2007
|English air date||
December 27, 2007
|Episode listing||Yu-Gi-Oh! GX episode listing (season 3)|
|Previous||All for One|
|Next||Friend or Fiend|
"A New World Order", known as "A Life-or-Death Duel" in the Japanese version, is the one hundred and thirty-second episode of the Yu-Gi-Oh! GX anime. It first aired in Japan on April 18, 2007 and in the US on December 27, 2007.
SummaryAs Bastion Misawa had feared, the portal has not led to the dimension they were previously in, but a different one entirely. Jaden Yuki immediately runs off on his own, desperate to rescue Jesse Anderson. Axel Brodie chases after him, and Bastion ends up falling through weak ground and ends up with Jaden too. They also meet up with Tania, who explains that some sort of anomaly showed up her own dimension and she ended up in this one for unknown reasons. She reveals that many of the weaker Duel Spirits have been enslaved by a group of mid-level Winged Beast monsters, led by Sky Scout. Axel develops a plan to take out their main power supply, as they would be disoriented in the dark. Jaden rushes in to challenge Sky Scout.
However, Jaden is unaware of the possible consequences of this. Tania reveals that in this dimension, players take real damage. Losing a Duel actually results in death (in the dub, this is changed to "sent to the stars", but it's still heavily implied that term is euphemism for death). Tania gets Jaden's attention as the Duel begins and reveals this. Jaden is shocked, while Sky Scout is surprised that rumors of there being a dimension where Duel Monsters is not life-or-death are true. Sky Scout states that in this dimension, the only people who have Duel Disks are those willing to risk their lives. A Duel cannot be stopped once both Duel Disks are activated, and so Jaden must Duel.
Sky Scout locks down Jaden's Summoning of high-level Fusion Monsters with "Level Tax" and dominates with the ATK and effect of "Simorgh, Bird of Divinity". Though Jaden is reduced to 100 Life Points, he wins by Summoning "Winged Kuriboh LV10". The Duel also distracts Sky Scout from his sentry duty, and allows Axel to shut down the main power generator, disorienting the remaining Winged Beasts and allowing the low-Level monsters to escape their slavers. Sky Scout is defeated by Jaden; he states he has no regrets and that the Duel showed his pride as a warrior, before mentioning someone known as "The Supreme King", who must be stopped. He then fades away. Jaden meets up with the rest of his friends and they prepare to continue on. Bastion opts to stay with Tania, supposedly to attempt to find out more information about the dimensions.
|This summary is currently incomplete.|
Featured Duel - Jaden Yuki vs. Sky Scout
Turn 1: Sky Scout
- Activates "Summon Storm", paying 800 Life Points (Sky Scout 3200) to Special Summon "Whirlwind Prodigy" (1500/1600).
- Tributes "Whirlwind Prodigy", which can be treated as two Tributes for the Summon of a WIND monster, to Summon "Simorgh, Bird of Divinity" (2700/1000).
- Sets a card.
- Activates "Level Tax". As long as this card is face-up, neither player can summon a Level 5 or higher monster without taking Damage equal to the ATK of the summoned monster.
- During the End Phase, "Simorgh's" effect inflicts 1000 damage to both players, but Sky Scout is immune as he has two cards in his Spell & Trap Card Zone (Jaden 3000).
Turn 2: Jaden
- Summons "Elemental Hero Bubbleman" (800/1200) in Defense Position and draws two cards due to his effect.[Notes 1]
- Sets two cards, allowing him to negate the effect damage from "Simorgh".
Turn 3: Sky Scout
- Summons "Tornado Bird" (1100/1000) in Attack Position.
- Activates "Wing Requital", paying 600 Life Points (Sky Scout 2600) to draw one card per Winged Beast on the field.
- Attacks "Bubbleman" with "Simorgh".
- Attacks directly with "Tornado Bird" (Jaden 1900).
- Sets two cards.
- Neither player takes damage from "Simorgh".
Turn 4: Jaden
- Activates "Graceful Charity", drawing three cards and discarding "Elemental Hero Burstinatrix" and "Elemental Hero Necroshade".
- Summons "Neo-Spacian Grand Mole" (900/300) in Attack Position.
- Attacks "Simorgh" with "Grand Mole", planning to use its effect to return it to Sky Scout's hand.
- Sky Scout activates his face-down "Glory Level Talisman", equipping it to "Simorgh", which negates "Grand Mole's" attack and destroys it.
- Sky Scout activates his face-down "Icarus Attack", Tributing "Tornado Bird" to destroy two of Jaden's Set cards ("Polymerization" and "Fake Hero").
- Sky Scout activates his face-down "Explosion Wing", inflicting 500 damage to Jaden for each card that was destroyed by a card effect. Jaden takes 1500 damage since three cards were destroyed (Jaden 400).
- Sets two cards.
- Neither player takes damage from "Simorgh".
Turn 5: Sky Scout
- Attacks directly with "Simorgh".
- Jaden activates his face-down "A Hero Emerges". Sky Scout selects "Winged Kuriboh", which is Special Summoned (300/200) in Attack Position.
- Jaden activates his face-down "Transcendent Wings", discarding "Elemental Hero Neos" and "Elemental Hero Clayman", and Tributing "Winged Kuriboh" to Special Summon "Winged Kuriboh LV10" (300/200).
- Since Jaden Special Summoned a level 5 or higher monster, "Level Tax" inflicts its ATK to him as damage (Jaden 100)
- Jaden Tributes "Winged Kuriboh LV10" to destroy "Simorgh" and inflict its ATK to v as damage (Sky Scout 0).
- Jaden wins.
The following cards appeared in this episode. Cards in italics debuted here.
- In the English dub, after Jaden draws "Elemental HERO Bubbleman", he briefly thinks that if he Fusion Summons "Elemental HERO Mudballman", it would "have enough ATK points to take down his "Simorgh"". This is in contrast to the Japanese episode, where Jaden thinks he can stave off "Simorgh" with the DEF of "Mudballman". But ultimately in both versions, he discards the idea in fear of the combined effects of "Level Tax" and "Simorgh".
- Sky Scout does not activate "Wing Requital" in the English dub; instead, he claims it is the effect name of his "Tornado Bird" when he activates its effect. This is understandable, as the "Wind Requital" card never appeared in the Japanese episode either.
- ↑ In the TCG/OCG, the effect of "Elemental Hero Bubbleman" can only be activateed when he is the only card in your hand and on your side of the field when he is Summoned.
- ↑ This card can be seen while Jaden is thinking what kind of strategy to use in his first turn.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Jaden Sets this card but does not activate it.