|Yu-Gi-Oh! GX - Episode 130|
Reinbō Doragon Kakusei
Rainbow Dragon's Awakening
Unleashing the Dragon, Part 2
|Japanese air date||
April 4, 2007
|English air date||
November 27, 2007
|Episode listing||Yu-Gi-Oh! GX episode listing (season 3)|
|Previous||Unleashing the Dragon, Part 1|
|Next||All for One|
"Unleashing the Dragon, Part 2", known as "Rainbow Dragon's Awakening" in the Japanese version, is the one hundred and thirtieth episode of the Yu-Gi-Oh! GX anime. It first aired in Japan on April 4, 2007 and in the US on November 27, 2007.
Upon acquiring the "Rainbow Dragon" card, Jesse Anderson joins forces with Jaden Yuki in an attempt to defeat Marcel Bonaparte, while during the Duel, the being possessing Marcel reveals its true identity.
Jesse Anderson joins the Duel between Jaden Yuki and Marcel Bonaparte as Jaden's partner, while Marcel gains 4000 Life Points. Jesse's presence angers the Devil Arm and when Jesse says he'll protect Jaden because they are best friends, the demon asks when he gave permission for Jesse to be Jaden's best friend, stating that it's been Jaden's best friend for years. Jesse then plays "Rainbow Dragon" in order to protect Jaden from the Sacred Beast that were summoned to defeat him. During the Duel, Blair Flannigan attempts to stop an attack from hitting Jaden and Jesse. The demon leaves Marcel's body, stating it's gathered enough Duel Energy to completely restore it's own body.
The demon reveals itself as Yubel, the spirit of a card that Jaden had as a child. Several flashbacks occur as Jaden remembers a friend of his collapsing when he played the card. Jesse has Rainbow Dragon battle Yubel's "Armityle the Chaos Phantom", and both monsters are destroyed, with them both taking 10,000 damage, leaving Jaden the victor.
|This summary is currently incomplete.|
Featured Duel: Jaden Yuki & Jesse Anderson vs. Marcel BonaparteEdit
Duel continues from the previous episode.
Turn 6: Jesse
- Activates "Crystal Tree". As long as this card is face-up on the field, it will gain a Crystal Counter when Jesse places a "Crystal Beast" in his Spell & Trap Card Zone as a Continuous Spell Card. If Jesse sends "Crystal Tree" to the Graveyard he can place Crystal Beasts from his Deck into his Spell & Trap Card Zone as Continuous Spell Cards equal to the number of Crystal Counters on "Crystal Tree".
- Summons "Crystal Beast Amber Mammoth" (1700/1600).
- Attacks "Phantom of Chaos", but Marcel activates his face-down "Chaos Form", equipping it to his monster. This selects one random monster in his Graveyard, and the equipped monster gains its ATK and DEF. He selects "Raviel, Lord of Phantasms".
- Activates "Crystal Flash", taking "Crystal Beast Cobalt Eagle" from his hand and placing it in his Spell & Trap Card Zone to negate his own attack.
- Since a "Crystal Beast" was placed in the Spell & Trap Card Zone, "Crystal Tree" gains a Crystal Counter.
Turn 7: Jaden
- Summons "Elemental Hero Bubbleman" (800/1200), activating it's effect to draw two cards.[Notes 1]
- Activates "Polymerization", fusing "Elemental Hero Bubbleman" with the "Elemental Hero Avian" in his hand to Fusion Summon "Elemental Hero Mariner" (1400/1000) in Attack Position.
- Sets a card.
- With a card in his Spell & Trap Card Zone, "Mariner" is permitted to attack directly (Marcel 8000 → 6600 Life Points).
Turn 8: Marcel
- Tributes "Phantom of Chaos" to Summon "Dark Summoning Beast" (0/0) in Attack Position.
- Activates "Dark Summoning Beast's" effect, Tributing it to Special Summon "Uria, Lord of Searing Flames" (0/0), and "Raviel, Lord of Phantasms" (4000/4000) in Attack Position and "Hamon, Lord of Striking Thunder" (4000/4000) in Defense Position from his Graveyard, ignoring the Summoning Conditions.
- "Uria's" effect increases its attack by 1000 due to the Continuous Trap Card ("Chaos Form") in Marcel's Graveyard (1000/0).
- Activates "Uria's" other effect, which can destroy 1 Set Spell or Trap Card either of his opponents controls. "Uria" destroys Jaden's "Dummy Marker", which activates when it's destroyed: Now, Jaden can draw 1 card.
- Sets a card.
- As he used "Dark Summoning Beast's" effect to summon "Uria, Lord of Searing Flames", "Hamon, Lord of Striking Thunder", and "Raviel, Lord of Phantasms", Marcel cannot conduct his Battle Phase, so he ends his turn.
Turn 9: Jesse
- Switches "Amber Mammoth" to Defense Position.
- Summons "Crystal Beast Sapphire Pegasus" (1800/1200) in Defense Position. This activates it's effect, so "Crystal Beast Ruby Carbuncle" is placed from his Deck in his Spell & Trap Card Zone, which also places another counter on "Crystal Tree".
- "Raviel's" effect activates, allowing Marcel to Summon a "Phantasm Token" (1000/1000).
- Activates "Rare Value", letting Jesse draw two cards by sending a "Crystal Beast" to the Graveyard. He chooses "Ruby Carbuncle".[Notes 2].
- Activates "Rainbow's Blessing". This lets him pay intervals of 1000 Life Points, and allows him to place one counter on "Crystal Tree" for every 1000 points paid. He pays 1000 points, thus placing one counter on "Crystal Tree" (Jesse 3000).
- Sends "Crystal Tree" to the Graveyard using it's own effect, and allowing him to place a number of Crystal Beasts from his Deck into his Spell & Trap Card Zone equal to the amount of counters "Crystal Tree" accumulated. He places "Crystal Beast Amethyst Cat", "Crystal Beast Emerald Tortoise" and "Crystal Beast Topaz Tiger".
- Special Summons "Rainbow Dragon" (4000/0) from his hand, since he has all seven Crystal Beasts either on his field or in his Graveyard.
- "Raviel's" effect activates, allowing Marcel to Summon a "Phantasm Token."[Notes 3]
- Attacks "Uria" with "Rainbow Dragon", but "Hamon's" effect redirects the attack to it. Neither monster is destroyed, since the ATK of "Rainbow Dragon" is equal to the DEF of "Hamon, Lord of Striking Thunder".
- Sets a card.
Turn 10: Jaden
- Activates the effect of the "Elemental Hero Necroshade" in his Graveyard, Normal Summoning "Elemental Hero Neos" without Tribute (2500/2000).
- Activates "Fifth Hope", shuffling "Elemental Heroes "Sparkman", "Necroshade", "Bubbleman", "Avian" and "Darkbright" from his Graveyard back into his Deck, and drawing two cards.
- Activates "E N Shuffle", returning "Mariner" to his Fusion Deck and Summoning "Neo-Spacian Glow Moss" (300/900) in it's place.
- Summons "Neo-Spacian Dark Panther" (1000/500) in Attack Position.
- Contact Fuses his three monsters to form "Elemental Hero Chaos Neos" (3000/2500).
- Activates "Neo Space", increasing "Chaos Neos's" attack by 500 and preventing "Chaos Neos" from returning to his Fusion Deck on the End Phase.
- Activates "Chaos Neos'" effect, negating the effects of all of Marcel's face-up monsters for this turn.[Notes 4] This means that Jaden can attack any of Marcel's monsters not just "Hamon".
- Attacks and destroys "Uria" with "Chaos Neos" (Marcel 6600 → 3100 Life Points).
Turn 11: Marcel (Yubel)
- Activates his face-down, "Immortal Class", Tributing his two "Phantasm Tokens" to revive "Uria" (1000/0)
- Activates "Dimension Fusion Destruction", removing the three Sacred Beasts from play to Summon "Armityle the Chaos Phantom" (0/0).
- Activates "Armityle's" effect, allowing it to inflict 10,000 points of Battle Damage to "Chaos Neos", though its actual attack points remain zero.[Notes 5]
- Jesse activates "Prism Wall", redirecting the attack to "Rainbow Dragon" and activating it's own effect to send all the "Crystal Beasts" on his field to the Graveyard, increasing "Rainbow Dragon's" attack by 1000 per Beast sent to 10,000.
- "Prism Wall's" effect inflicts damage to both players equal to the new target's attack (Yubel 3100 → 0 Life Points / Jesse 3000 → 0 Life Points).
- In both versions, Marcel's Life Points dropped to 4100 when "Chaos Neos" managed to destroy "Uria", however Marcel's Life Points should have dropped to 3100 as the effect of "Uria" was negated by the effect of "Chaos Neos". It wouldn't have changed the outcome of the Duel though since both Marcel and Jesse would have taken 10000 damage from the effect of "Prism Wall".
The following cards appeared in this episode. Cards in italics debuted here.
- ↑ In the TCG/OCG, the effect of "Elemental Hero Bubbleman" can only be activated when he is only card on your side of field or in your hand when he is Summoned.
- ↑ In the OCG/TCG, your opponent, not you, targets the "Crystal Beast" monster to send to the Graveyard when "Rare Value" resolves.
- ↑ In the TCG/OCG, the effect of "Raviel, Lord of Phantasms" only activates when a monster is Normal Summoned.
- ↑ In the TCG/OCG, "Elemental Hero Chaos Neos" can only gain this effect if you flip a coin three times and get exactly two heads as a result.
- ↑ In the TCG/OCG, the effect of "Armityle the Chaos Phantom" simply increases its ATK to 10,000 during the player's turn