|Yu-Gi-Oh! GX - Episode 096|
Sōtaisei Fīrudo! Jūdai Bāsasu Tensai Hakase
Relativity Field! Judai VS The Genius Doctor
It's All Relative
|Japanese air date||
August 2, 2006
|English air date||
February 12, 2007
|Episode listing||Yu-Gi-Oh! GX episode listing (season 2)|
|Next||The Dark Light|
"It's All Relative", known as "Relativity Field! Judai VS The Genius Doctor" in Japan, is the ninety-sixth episode of Yu-Gi-Oh! GX anime. It aired in Japan on August 2, 2006, and in the United States on February 12, 2007.
Bastion Misawa, upset that no one is respecting him after he joined the Society of Light, and that his logical knowledge keeps failing him, gets reinspired when he meets Dr. Eisenstein, a famous Dueling astrophysicist, hired by Sartorius and Prince Ojin to Duel Jaden Yuki and reobtain his satellite key. Eisenstein quickly falls backward into a crevasse, but Bastion doesn't see it, causing him to believe Eisenstein was just a vision, and he runs off excited.
Meanwhile, Syrus Truesdale is in the hospital, recovering from his Duel with his brother Zane, when he and Jaden hear an announcement over the P.A. system that Jaden has to take a physics pop quiz. Being the test-hater that he is, Jaden is reluctant to go through with it. Three students, including Tyranno Hassleberry, enter to escort Jaden to the classroom.
However, the "announcement" was merely a recording of Dr. Crowler's voice, played back over the P.A. system by Prince Ojin. And when Jaden enters the classroom, he discovers that he is alone, until Dr. Eisenstein appears on the stage before him. Bastion is also tucked away behind a desk, out of Jaden's sight, and overhears that they will Duel. He thinks Jaden doesn't stand a chance. However, Dr. Eisenstein spots him, and thinks to himself that he can help him rediscover the principles of scientific Dueling.
Dr. Eisenstein uses his logical Dueling knowledge to overpower Jaden, balancing the power of his monsters, Spells and Traps to deal significant damage to Jaden. But Jaden, who believes that he'll keep drawing the cards he needs, manages to come out on top with a strong counterattack. Upon defeat, Eisenstein is convinced that faith in chance can help win a Duel.
With Hassleberry and Crowler waiting outside watching, Jaden is happy to report that he passed his pop quiz. Then Crowler reminds him that no one is giving classes or tests while the Genex Tournament is still in progress. Jaden realizes that he was tricked into Dueling Eisenstein.
Bastion, however, is still inspired by Eisenstein's Dueling, so he strips and runs after him, wanting to become his apprentice. He finds him, but this time it's Eisenstein whose faith in logic has been destroyed. Bastion refuses to give up, looking up into the sky, then back to Eisenstein. But once again, he's gone, convincing Bastion that he really was a vision, when in reality, he simply fell off his cliff onto a small rock.
Turn 1: Eisenstein
- Activates the Field Spell Card "Relativity Field": When a player's Life Points decrease, all monsters lose ATK equal to the amount of Life Points that player loses.
Turn 2: Jaden
- Activates "Polymerization", sending to the Graveyard Elemental Heroes "Avian" and "Burstinatrix" (both from his hand) in order to Fusion Summon "Elemental Hero Flame Wingman" (2100/1200)
- As Jaden Special Summoned a monster, Eisenstein activates the effect of "Singularity Fiend": By sending it and a Spell Card from his hand to the Graveyard, he can target that monster and destroy it. He targets "A Feather of the Phoenix" as the Spell Card and destroys "Elemental Hero Flame Wingman".
- Sets 2 cards.
Turn 3: Eisenstein
- Activates "Schrödinger's Cat": If Eisenstein draws a card(s), except during his Draw Phase or by the effect of "Schrödinger's Cat", that card(s) is shuffled back into his Deck, and he can draw a number of cards equal to the shuffled cards.
- Activates "Pot of Greed" and draws 2 cards.
- Due to "Schrödinger's Cat", the two cards drawn by "Pot of Greed" are re-shuffled into Eisenstein's Deck, and he can draw 2 new cards.
- Sets a card.
- Summons "Laplace, the Fiend Mathematician" (1000/1000) in Attack Position.
- "Laplace, the Fiend Mathematician" attacks Jaden directly
- Jaden activates "A Hero Emerges": Eisenstein must target a card in Jaden's hand; if that card is a monster, Jaden can Special Summon it. However, the only card in Jaden's hand is "Elemental Hero Neos" (2500/2000), so it is summoned in Attack Position.
- A replay occurs, and Eisenstein opts not to attack.
- Sets a card.
- Activates "Dimensionhole", banishing "Laplace" until his next Standby Phase.
- As "Laplace" was banished, Jaden takes 300 damage for each card on the field, and there are currently 6 (Jaden: 4000 → 2200).
- Due to "Relativity Field", "Neos" loses 1800 ATK, equal to the 1800 Life Points that Jaden recently lost (700/2000).
- Activates "Dark Hole", destroying all monsters on the field.
Turn 4: Jaden
- Eisenstein activates "Draw Paradox": Each player must now draw a card during their opponent's Draw Phase.
- Due to "Draw Paradox", Eisenstein draws a card
- Jaden passes his turn, as he currently has no cards in his hand.
Turn 5: Eisenstein
- Due to "Draw Paradox", Jaden draws a card.
- During this Standby Phase, "Dimensionhole's" effect expires, and "Laplace, the Fiend Mathematician" returns to the field.
- Activates "Battle Constant": Eisenstein must banish, from his side of the field, 1 monster, 1 Continuous Spell Card, and 1 Continuous Trap Card to Special Summon "Brain Dragon" from his hand or Deck. "Laplace" (a monster), "Schrödinger's Cat" (a Continuous Spell Card), and Draw Paradox" (a Continuous Trap Card) are targeted for the cost.
- "Brain Dragon" (2800/2300) is Special Summoned to the field in Attack Position.
- "Brain Dragon" attacks Jaden directly.
- Jaden activates "The Flute of Summoning Kuriboh", Special Summoning "Winged Kuriboh" (300/200) to the field in Defense Position.
- A replay occurs, and "Brain Dragon" attacks and destroys "Winged Kuriboh". As such, Jaden takes no Battle Damage for the rest of the turn.
Turn 6: Jaden
- Summons "Elemental Hero Bubbleman" (800/1200) in Attack Position: As it was the only card Jaden controlled when he summoned it, he can draw 2 cards.[Notes 1]
- Equips "Bubble Blaster" to "Bubbleman", allowing it to gain 800 more ATK (1600/1200).
- Activates "Hero Dice": With "Bubbleman" under Jaden's control, Jaden can roll a die, with the effect of "Hero Dice" depending on the roll. Jaden rolls a 6, which allows "Bubbleman" to attack Eisenstein directly (Eisenstein: 4000 → 2400)
- Due to "Relativity Field", "Brain Dragon" loses 1600 ATK (1200/2300).
Turn 7: Eisenstein
- Due to the effect of "Brain Dragon", Eisenstein draws 2 more cards during his Draw Phase ("Double Spell" and "Non-Fusion Area"). Then, those cards are placed back on top of his Deck in any order he wishes.
- Activates "Mystical Space Typhoon", destroying "Bubble Blaster"
- "Brain Dragon" attacks and destroys "Elemental Hero Bubbleman" (Jaden: 1000 → 600).
Turn 8: Jaden
- Summons "Neo-Spacian Glow Moss" (300/900) in Attack Position
- Activates "O - Oversoul", allowing him to Special Summon an "Elemental Hero" Normal Monster from the Graveyard, and he targets "Neos" (2500/2000)
- Returns "Neos" and Glow Moss" to his Deck, enabling him to Special Summon "Elemental Hero Glow Neos" (2500/2000) in Attack Position
- Uses "Glow Neos's" effect: Jaden can destroy 1 face-up card on the field; "Glow Neos's" secondary effect depends on the card it destroys.
- "Glow Neos" targets "Relativity Field" and destroys it. Because it destroyed a Spell Card, it can attack Eisenstein directly (Eisenstein: 2400 → 0).
- Jaden wins.
The following cards appeared in this episode. Cards in italics debuted here.
- ↑ In the TCG/OCG, this effect of "Elemental Hero Bubbleman" can only resolve when it is the only card in the player's hand and on his/her side of the field when he is Summoned.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 This card was seen in Dr. Eisenstein's hand.