|Yu-Gi-Oh! GX - Episode 035|
Kyōdai no Kessoku! Ojama Deruta Harikēn
Union of Brothers! Ojama Delta Hurricane
|Japanese air date||
June 1, 2005
|English air date||
February 7, 2006
|Episode listing||Yu-Gi-Oh! GX episode listing (season 1)|
|Previous||The Fear Factor|
|Next||Duel Distractions, Part 1|
Sibling Rivalry, known as Union of Brothers! Ojama Delta Hurricane in the Japanese version, is the thirty-fifth episode of the Yu-Gi-Oh! GX anime.
Chazz is forced to Duel his brother Slade Princeton with the fate of Duel Academy on the line. The match stipulation states that Chazz cannot use any monsters with more than 500 ATK, so Chazz has to build a completely new Deck to even qualify for the match.
Chazz Princeton has been at the Slifer Red dorm for two months, and he is exasperated that he does not have enough space in the small room he stays in to fit all of his possessions. The spirit of Ojama Yellow appears and asks Chazz if they can search for his missing brothers. He declines, and Ojama Yellow cries. Jaden Yuki and Syrus Truesdale arrive and inform Chazz that Chancellor Sheppard wants to see him. When he gets there, Sheppard informs him that someone has suddenly offered to buy Duel Academy, and its ownership will be decided in a Duel between the buying party and a student representative. The buyers had made a deal with Seto Kaiba, the owner of Duel Academy. Kaiba states that there is no student at the Academy will lose to them.
Jaden volunteers, but Sheppard states that the representative has been picked by the opponent. It's Chazz. Sheppard receives a video phone call, and the buying party reveals themselves as Chazz's brothers, Slade and Jagger. They reiterate their plan to rule over the financial, political and Dueling worlds. Chazz was supposed to handle the latter part, but due to his failures, Slade and Jagger have decided to take matters into their own hands. Jaden comments that the brothers are amateurs at Dueling, so Chazz should have no problem beating them. Slade reveals the match stipulations - Chazz will not be permitted to use any monster that has more than 500 attack points, and Slade will be using the rare Dragon cards that they had previously attempted to give to Chazz. Jaden complains that that's unfair, but Slade states that Kaiba has already agreed to the stipulations. They reveal that the Duel will take place in three days, and Chazz immediately leaves the office.
As he's walking, Chazz overhears various other students express concern that he'll lose the Duel purposely so that his brothers can take control of Duel Academy. Jaden defends him, but Chazz tells him not to get involved. Bastion Misawa, Alexis Rhodes and Zane Truesdale arrive, and Zane states that Chazz can't even Duel at all at this point - he doesn't have cards that have less than 500 attack. Chazz confirms this - the only monster in his current Deck that meets the match stipulations is "Ojama Yellow". Professor Banner offers up a rumor. He states that deep in the island's forest, there exists a well that students used for disposing of weak cards that they did not want. Though a rumor, it could be their only chance. The rumor also says that the well is haunted by the angered Duel Spirits of the cards. Chazz heads to the well, with Jaden accompanying him, much to the former's chagrin.
When they get near, they are assaulted by the spirits, but nothing actually happens, since the monsters have no attack points. They enter, and find the rumor to be true. The ground of the well is littered with weak cards. They encounter the spirits of "Ojama Green" and "Ojama Black", who claim that they wouldn't be weak if they were combined with their brother, "Ojama Yellow". The spirit of that card appears from Chazz's coat, and the brothers have their reunion. Chazz agrees to take all the cards in the well back to the dorm with him to try to build a new Deck.
Days later, the Duel begins, and Chazz reveals that his Deck only contains monsters that have zero attack points. Chazz begins by Summoning monsters with high defense points, such as "Soul Tiger" and "Spirit of the Breeze". Slade Summons "King Dragun", "Luster Dragon #2, "Hyozanryu" and "Luster Dragon" by the end of this second turn, but Chazz saves himself by playing "The Dark Door", which restricts the amount of monsters that may attack in a turn to one. Slade keeps up the offense anyway, and he soon uses "Dust Tornado" to destroy "The Dark Door", leaving Chazz with only one turn to stop Slade's attack force.
Chazz plays a combo in several stages. He uses "Painful Choice", letting Slade pick one of five cards to go to his hand while the rest go the Graveyard. Slade chooses the only non-monster, "Thunder Crash", since it will leave Chazz with fewer monsters to defend with. Chazz says that's exactly what he expected him to do. He then plays "Enchanting Fitting Room", which lets him Summon all three of his Ojamas. After that, he plays "Ojama Delta Hurricane!!", which destroys all of Slade's monsters. By using "Thunder Crash", Chazz destroys the Ojamas and inflicts 900 damage to Slade. He finally Summons "Chaos Necromancer", whose original attack of zero rises to 3300, due to the eleven monsters in his Graveyard. He attacks directly, winning the Duel. The school is saved, and the Academy's students congratulate their latest hero with his signature cheer.
Featured Duel: Chazz Princeton vs. Slade Princeton
- Slade draws "Polymerization" and subsequently activates it, fusing "Lord of Dragons" with "Divine Dragon Ragnarok" to Fusion Summon "King Dragun" (2400/1100) in Attack Position.
- Slade activates the effect of "King Dragun", allowing him to Special Summon 1 Dragon-Type monster from his hand once a turn. He chooses to summon "Luster Dragon #2 (2400/1400) in Attack Position. (Also, "King Dragun" prevents Chazz from targeting Slade's Dragon-Type monsters with the effects of Spells, Traps, and monsters.)
- "King Dragun" attacks and destroys "Soul Tiger".
- "Luster Dragon #2" attacks Chazz directly (Chazz 4000 → 1600).
- Chazz draws.
- Sets a monster.
- Slade draws "Luster Dragon" and subsequently Normal Summons it (1900/1600) in Attack Position.
- Activates "King Dragun's" effect to Special Summon "Hyozanryu" (2100/2800) from his hand in Attack Position.
- "King Dragun" attacks and destroys Chazz's set monster. It is revealed to be "The Unhappy Maiden".
- Since "The Unhappy Maiden" was destroyed by battle, its effect activates, ending Slade's Battle Phase immediately.
- Chazz draws.
- Summons "Spirit of the Breeze" (0/1800) in Defense Position.
- Activates "The Dark Door". Now while this card is face-up, both players can only attack with one monster during their respective Battle Phases.
- Slade draws.
- Attacks and destroys "Spirit of the Breeze" with "King Dragun".
- Chazz draws.
- Summons "Catnipped Kitty" (0/500) in Defense Position.
- Slade draws "Dust Tornado".
- Attacks and destroys "Catnipped Kitty" with "King Dragun".
- Sets a card.
- Chazz draws.
- Slade activates his face-down "Dust Tornado", destroying "The Dark Door". Slade intends to attack Chazz directly with his four Dragon-type monsters next turn.
- Activates "Painful Choice", selecting "Relinquished", "Castle Gate", "Thunder Crash", "Copycat" and "Royal Magical Library" from his Deck and letting Slade choose one card which will be added to Chazz's hand. Slade chooses to add "Thunder Crash" to Chazz's hand while the rest of the selected cards are discarded to the Graveyard.
- Activates "Enchanting Fitting Room", paying 800 Life Points (Chazz 1600 → 800) to see the top four cards of his Deck and Special Summon any Level 3 or lower Normal Monsters that are picked up. The cards are "Ojama Yellow", "Ojama Green", "Ojama Black", and "Pot of Greed". "Ojama Yellow", "Ojama Green" and "Ojama Black" are Special Summoned (0/1000 each) in Attack Position while "Pot of Greed" is shuffled back into the Deck.
- Since Chazz has all three Ojama brothers face-up on his side of the field, he activates "Ojama Delta Hurricane!!", destroying all cards on Slade's field.
- Activates "Thunder Crash", destroying all monsters he controls and inflicting 300 damage to Slade for each monster destroyed. With three destroyed, Slade takes 900 damage (Slade 4000 → 3100).
- Summons "Chaos Necromancer" (0/0) in Attack Position.
- Due to the effect of "Chaos Necromancer", its ATK is equal to the number of monsters in Chazz's Graveyard times 300. There are eleven monsters in Chazz's Graveyard, so its ATK becomes 3300 ("Chaos Necromancer": 0 → 3300/0).
- "Chaos Necromancer" attacks Slade directly (Slade 3100 → 0).
- Chazz wins.
Differences in adaptations
When Slade opens his briefcase to reveal the Dragon cards during the video phone call, the English version changes the "King Dragun", "Divine Dragon Ragnarok", "Tri-Horned Dragon" and "Lord of Dragons" that were present in the Japanese version to "Pyro Clock of Destiny", "Juragedo", "Dark Blade" and "Legendary Fiend", respectively.
When Chazz Summons the Ojamas, he announces that these cards have taught him something, though his explanation is preceded by the monsters guessing what it is. In the English version, the monsters' "lessons" are lazy and untidy habits, but Chazz says he learned that good brothers support each other. In the Japanese version, the monsters give various morals of camaraderie, but Chazz's lesson is that strength can be found even when your resources are from the absolute bottom of the heap.
In the Japanese version, when Kaiba is informed of Chazz's victory, he simply answers that he didn't need to be told that Chazz won - he was confident that no student of his would lose to an amateur. In the English version, he comments that Slade and Jagger have "a lot to learn about world domination."
- In the English version, when Slade tells Chazz about the conditions of the Duel, he states that Chazz cannot use monsters that have more than 500 Life Points, when he should have said attack points.
- In the English version, when Slade destroys The Unhappy Maiden, Chazz claims its effect ends his turn automatically, when it only ends the Battle Phase.
- During the scene in which Jaden and Chazz are inside the well, a Blue-Eyes Toon Dragon card can be seen adjacent to Ojama Black and Ojama Green. This is strange because the well is supposed to be home to weak cards while the Blue-Eyes Toon Dragon is actually quite strong.
The following cards appeared in this episode. Cards in italics debuted here.