|Yu-Gi-Oh! GX - Episode 033|
Kagayake! Shainingu Furea Winguman
Shine! Shining Flare Wingman
Field of Screams, Part 3
|Japanese air date||
May 18, 2005
|English air date||
February 3, 2006
|Episode listing||Yu-Gi-Oh! GX episode listing (season 1)|
|Previous||Field of Screams, Part 2|
|Next||The Fear Factor|
"Field of Screams, Part 3", known as "Shine! Shining Flare Wingman" in the Japanese version, is the thirty-third episode of the Yu-Gi-Oh! GX anime. It first aired in Japan on May 18, 2005 and in the United States on February 3, 2006.
Two of the Spirit Keys have been lost to the Shadow Riders, thanks to Camula, and Jaden Yuki is next to challenge the vampiress. With some advice from Atticus Rhodes and help from the Shadow Charm of the former Gravekeeper's Chief, Jaden must rally his "Elemental Heroes" to victory by summoning a new Elemental Hero to defeat Camula's "Vampire Genesis".
Chancellor Sheppard seemed a little worried as he talked to a mysterious figure (the Leader of the Shadow Riders) through a computer. The leader said that, with 2 of the Spirit Keys now won and 2 of the locks of the Spirit Gates now opened, the Key Keepers had no chance of saving the world, but Sheppard countered with his fact that he had faith in the Chosen Ones he had asked to protect those Keys, and declared that this battle was far from over.
While Atticus Rhodes was recuperating from his own Shadow Duel in the Duel Academy infirmary, he revealed to his sister, Alexis, that only one who had a Shadow Charm could be able to combat Camula's Shadow Magic and even have a chance to win. Jaden Yuki ends up Dueling Camula, and his Shadow Charm negates Camula's when she tries to put all of his friend's souls at stake through "Illusion Gate". She now must offer her own soul to activate "Illusion Gate". After a while, she reveals that she was using her bats to give her information on the Key Keepers' Decks and strategies which explains how she defeated Crowler and Zane almostvery easily. Jaden barely survives most of Camula's assaults, but eventually he is able to summon forth a new Elemental Hero - Shining Flare Wingman. Shocked, Camula states she has never seen Jaden have this monster as her bats never told her about this. Jaden then states he decided to counteract the darkness with the light as the recent duels lately were in darkness. Camula is defeated by Jaden's "Elemental Hero Shining Flare Wingman" and because of "Illusion Gate", Camula loses her soul. Dr. Crowler and Zane Truesdale are restored to normal.
Featured Duel: Jaden vs. CamulaEdit
|This Duel uses Yu-Gi-Oh! GX anime gameplay. Rules and card effects may differ from that of the TCG/OCG. See the individual card articles for more information.|
Turn 1: Jaden
- Jaden draws "Elemental Hero Avian".
- Activates "Polymerization", fusing "Elemental Hero Avian", "Elemental Hero Bubbleman" and "Elemental Hero Sparkman" together to Fusion Summon "Elemental Hero Tempest" (2800/2800) in Attack Position. If this monster would be destroyed, Jaden can send one card he controls to the Graveyard instead.
- Sets a card.
Turn 2: Camula
- Camula draws "Illusion Gate" and subseqeuntly activates it. Before she can use the effect of "Illusion Gate", she must sacrifice a soul. Using her Shadow Charm, she prepares to sacrifice the souls of all spectators watching the Duel(Jaden's friends), but Jaden's Shadow Charm connects together and activates, negating Camula's Shadow Charm. With no other options, Camula chooses to sacrifice her own soul.
- The effect of "Illusion Gate" then activates, destroying all of Jaden's monsters, and allowing Camula to Special Summon any monster Jaden has used during the current Duel, ignoring the summoning conditions. She chooses to summon "Elemental Hero Tempest" (2800/2800) in Attack Position.
- Summons "Zombie Werewolf" (1200/1200) in Attack Position.
- "Elemental Hero Tempest" attacks Jaden directly (Jaden 4000 → 1200).
- Camula is prepared to attack Jaden directly with "Zombie Werewolf" and win the Duel, but Jaden activates "Cross Heart" to switch control of "Tempest" back to him.
- A replay occurs, and Camula opts to end her Battle Phase.
Turn 3: Jaden
- Jaden draws.
- "Elemental Hero Tempest" attacks and destroys "Zombie Werewolf" (Camula 4000 → 2400)
- Since "Zombie Werewolf" was destroyed in battle and sent to the Graveyard, its effect activates, allowing Camula to Special Summon another "Zombie Werewolf" from her Deck in Attack Position (1200/1200) and increase its ATK by 500 (newly summoned "Zombie Werewolf": 1200 → 1700/1200).
- Sets a card.
Turn 4: Camula
- Camula draws "Pot of Greed" and subsequently activates it, drawing 2 cards (they are "Giant Trunade" and "Vampire Genesis").
- Tributes "Zombie Werewolf" to Summon "Vampire Lord" (2000/1500) in Attack Position.
- Removes "Vampire Lord" from play to Special Summon "Vampire Genesis" (3000/2100) in Attack Position.
- Activates "Genesis Crisis", targeting her "Vampire Genesis". Now once a turn, Camula can add a Zombie-type monster from her Deck to her hand.
- Activates the effect of "Genesis Crisis", allowing Camula to add "Ryu Kokki" from her Deck to her hand.
- Activates the effect of "Vampire Genesis", Discarding "Ryu Kokki" to Special Summon a Zombie-Type monster from her Graveyard that has a Level equal or less than the discarded monster. She chooses to Special Summon "Zombie Werewolf" (1200/1200) in Attack Position.
- Activates "Giant Trunade", which allows her to return Spells and Traps on the field to the respective owners' hands.
- "Vampire Genesis" attacks and destroys "Tempest" (Jaden 1700 → 1500).
- "Zombie Werewolf" attacks Jaden directly and Camula intends to have the attack be the finishing blow, however Jaden, at this point, reveals that he had used the effect of "Insurance" to save himself (Jaden 1500 → 300).
- Re-activates "Genesis Crisis".
- Activates the effect of "Genesis Crisis", allowing Camula to add "Despair from the Dark" from her Deck to her hand.
Turn 5: Jaden
- Jaden's hand contains "Dark Factory of Mass Production" and "Insurance".
- Jaden draws "Pot of Greed" and subsequently activates it, drawing 2 cards (they are "Elemental Hero Burstinatrix" and "Fusion Gate").
- Activates "Dark Factory of Mass Production", which allows him to add 2 Normal Monsters from his Graveyard to his hand. He chooses to add "Elemental Hero Avian" and "Elemental Hero Sparkman".
- Activates the Field Spell Card "Fusion Gate". Now both players can perform Fusion Summons without "Polymerization" by removing the Fusion Material Monsters from play instead of sending them to the Graveyard.
- Uses the effect of "Fusion Gate" to fuse Elemental Heroes "Avian" and "Burstinatrix" together to Fusion Summon "Elemental Hero Flame Wingman" (2100/1200) in Attack Position.
- Uses the effect of "Fusion Gate" to fuse Elemental Heroes "Sparkman" and "Flame Wingman" together to Fusion Summon "Elemental Hero Shining Flare Wingman" (2500/2100) in Attack Position.
- Due to the effect of "Shining Flare Wingman", it gains 300 ATK for every "Elemental Hero" in Jaden's Graveyard, There are 2 in the Graveyard, so "Shining Flare Wingman" gains 600 ATK ("Shining Flare Wingman": 2500 → 3100/2100).
- "Shining Flare Wingman" attacks and destroys "Vampire Genesis" (Camula 2400 → 2300).
- Since "Vampire Genesis" has been removed from the field, both "Genesis Crisis" and "Zombie Werewolf" are destroyed due to the last effect of "Genesis Crisis".
- Since "Shining Flare Wingman" destroyed a monster by battle and sent it to the Graveyard, its effect activates, inflicting damage to Camula equal to the original ATK of her destroyed monster (Camula 2300 → 0).
- Jaden wins.
Differences in adaptationsEdit
- The scene where the hand from "Illusion Gate" chokes Camula by the throat as her soul is taken is omitted from the English version.
- In the English version, Camula offered her soul to "Illusion Gate" out of arrogance. In the original, she had no other choice because the card was already played.
- Two scenes that showed Camula with her tongue out and showing a scary expression are removed from the dub.
The following cards appeared in this episode. Cards in italics debuted here.