August 2015 –
The manga is being published monthly in Japanese in the V Jump magazine, and in English in the Weekly Shonen Jump magazine. The story is written by Shin Yoshida, the duels by Masahiro Hikokubo, and it is illustrated by Naohito Miyoshi.
Like most of the previous manga spin-offs, the ARC-V manga features a completely different story compared to its anime counterpart. However, it appears to draw more inspiration from its anime counterpart than previous manga spin-offs, imitating the shared body dynamic between Yuya and his personas in addition to copying the basic premise.
Yuya Sakaki is a mysterious Dueltainer known as "Phantom", whose identity is claimed to be the "Factor of Destiny" by Reiji Akaba. He shares four personalities in his body: "Yuya", "Yuto", "Yugo" and "Yuri", and aims to find the "Genesis Omega Dragon" card - a card that can decide the fate of the world.
The Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V chapters are called "Scales", so, instead of "Chapter 1", you should look for "Scale 1", for example.
- The ultimate objective of the protagonists is to find a card whose name can be shortened to "GOD" and has the power to decide the fate of the world.
- Awakening "GOD" requires the use of The Adam Factor and The Eve Factor, named after the first humans in the bible who were created so that they may "know God".
- The main antagonist's name is "Eve", who caused the fall of mankind by disobeying god.
- "GOD" came from the space between dimensions and thus outside of space and time.
- This is more a reference to modern Christianity than anything from the Bible, in which God was thought to dwell in the sky and was written during a time when the sky was as unknowable to people of that era as the space beyond our universe is to us.
|#||Information||Japanese cover||English cover|