|Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's - Episode 127|
Gekitō! Unmei wo Kaketa Kuroi Hane!
Fierce Fight! Destiny Riding on Black Feathers!
Tricking The Trickster
|Japanese air date||
September 15, 2010
|English air date||
July 23, 2011
|Episode listing||Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's episode listing (season 2)|
|Previous||When Nordic Gods Attack|
|Next||Yusei's Last Stand|
"Tricking The Trickster", known as "Fierce Fight! Destiny Riding on Black Feathers!" in Japan, is the 127th episode of Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's.
Brodor warns Crow that if he draws a Speed Spell on his next turn, the match will become a hopeless scenario from which defeat is inescapable. In the end he doesn't get a Speed Spell, but decides to defeat Crow now. Broder is aware that he can use the effect of "Speed World 2" and the effect of "Loki" to take out Crow's face-downs, but then realizes that Crow already knows that. Broder deduces that Crow's face-downs are bluffs in an attempt to get him to waste his Speed Counters so that way he will have less Speed Counters when Yusei Fudo takes over. Can Crow come out of this almost hopeless situation before the attack of the Gods wipe him out?
Featured Duel: Crow Hogan vs. BroderEdit
Turn 13: Crow Hogan
(Crow's SPC: 8; Brodor's SPC: 12)
- Activates the effect of "Speed World 2", removing 7 Speed Counters to draw 1 card (Crow's SPC: 8 → 1).
Turn 14: Broder
(Crow's SPC: 2; Broder's SPC: 12)
- Broder warns Crow if he gets a Speed Spell Card on his Draw Phase, he can use the effect of "Speed World 2" to inflict 800 damage to Crow for every Speed Spell Card in his hand which will deplete the remainder of Crow's Life Points.
- Broder draws, intending for the card to be a Speed Spell, but the card he draws isn't a Speed Spell Card, so he can't use "Speed World 2" to deplete the remainder of Crow's Life Points.
- Activates the effect of "Speed World 2", removing 10 Speed Counters to destroy 1 of Crow's Set cards ("Black Wing") (Broder's SPC : 12 → 2).
- Attacks Crow directly with "Loki, Lord of the Aesir", but Crow activates "Black Wing" in an attempt to negate the attack by removing from play a "Blackwing" monster from his Graveyard.
- Broder counters with the effect of "Loki, Lord of the Aesir", destroying "Black Wing" but Crow anticipated this and activates the effect of "Blackwing - Calima the Haze" in his Graveyard. By removing it from play, since Crow doesn't have any monsters on his Field, he selects "Black-Winged Dragon" in his Graveyard and Special Summons it until the end of the Battle Phase.
- Broder continues his attack to claim victory, but Crow activates the effect of his second "Black Wing". By removing from play 2 "Black Wing" in his Graveyard, he can destroy a Synchro Monster on Brodor's field and inflict damage equal to the destroyed monster's ATK. Crow chooses to destroy Loki and inflict 3300 points of damage to Broder, but Brodor then activates "Dromi the Sacred Shackles". When the opponent activates a card effect that removes 1 of his/her monsters from the field or Graveyard, he can activate "Dromi the Sacred Shackles" to inflict damage to Crow equal to the difference between "Blackwing - Calima the Haze" and "Loki, Lord of the Aesir" (Note: He was supposed to say the difference between the ATK of "Calima the Haze" and "Loki", but he told the difference between "Black-Winged Dragon" and Loki's ATK. "Black-Winged Dragon" does not have an effect that removes itself from the Field or Graveyard).
- (Crow: 50 > 0). (Brodor: 2950 > 0)
- The rules for the WRGP take effect, declaring the End Phase. Because the Battle Phase is over, "Black-Winged Dragon" is destroyed. Broder then activates the effect of "Loki, Lord of the Aesir", reviving it.
Featured Duel: Yusei Fudo vs. HalldorEdit
Turn 15: Yusei Fudo
(Yusei's SPC: 3; Halldor's SPC: 3)
- Normal Summons "Cosmic Compass" in Defense Position, activating its effect to Special Summon 1 Pendulum Token for each monster Halldor controls; He now controls 3 monsters.
Turn 16: Halldor
(Yusei's SPC: 4; Halldor's SPC: 4)
- Halldor conducts his normal draw, but Yusei activates "Monster Chain", which negates a number of Battle Phases equal to the number of monsters Yusei controls.
- Normal Summons "Valkyrie of the Nordic Ascendant", activating its effect, sending 2 Trap Cards ("Interdimensional Matter Transporter" and "Baton of the Hero") from his hand to the Graveyard to Special Summon 2 "Einherjar Tokens".
- Tunes his tokens with "Valkyrie of the Nordic Ascendant" to Synchro Summon "Odin, Father of the Aesir".
- When Broder said that the differences between the ATKs of "Black-Winged Dragon" and "Loki, Lord of the Aesir" is 500, Crow loses 500 Life Points. He was supposed to say that the difference between the ATKs of "Loki" and "Calm the Shimmer" is 2700. Therefore, Crow would lose 2700 Life Points. This error is also carried on to the English version of the episode.
(The statement is correct if it was chained to Calm the Shimmer's effect at the end of the battle phase. Calm the Shimmer's effect removes the summoned Synchro Monster from play at the end of the battle phase and therefore meets the activation requirements. However, since Crow's direct damage effect was activated in response to Loki's attack, Broder should have lost before the end of the battle phase, hence the confusion. Also since an attack was declared on Black-Winged Dragon, Calm the Shimmer's effect seemed to have completely resolved and the trap should have missed its activation timing then as well.)