|Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's - Episode 112|
Guren no Akuma
The Crimson Devil
|Japanese air date||
June 2, 2010
|Episode listing||Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's episode listing (season 2)|
|Previous||The Ancient Land - To Nazca|
|Next||Burning, Seething Soul! Scar-Red Nova Dragon|
"The Crimson Devil" is the one-hundredth-and-twelfth episode of Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's.
Jack has Dueled Greiger's younger brother Max, who was possessed by a demon but his power based strategy falls to the Devil-possessed Max's Power Reversal strategy (the symbolism of which spooks Jack visibly).
Because of this, Jack forced to realize the limits of his own strength. "I want absolutely overwhelming might.", this thought is so strong in Jack's mind.
Because he seeks more power, Jack is invitingly tempted into a Duel with Familiar of Red Nova and the servant makes him an offer. The servant says to him "My Lord, if you want to be stronger, then the power thine wants can be obtained...".
Because he is in a hurry, Jack enters into a duel that serves as a ritualistic contract, with the fire demon as his opponent.
However against monsters that inflict damage to him every time he destroys them, will Jack's own power run him through? And can Jack really obtain the "Power" he truly seeks and what are the real intentions of this Devil?
His true intentions are revealed without issue as the Devil's Familiar already feels he has won. To use Jack's body as avatar for the return of The Crimson Devil (Scar-Red Nova Devil), the last and strongest of the Earthbound Gods who itself already fought The Crimson Dragon alone and lost 10,000 years ago.
Featured Duel: Jack vs. Red Nova's Familiar
- Jack draws "Big Piece Golem".
- Since the Familiar controls monsters and Jack doesn't, he Normal Summons Big Piece Golem (2100/0) in Attack Position.
- Big Piece Golem attacks and destroys Abyss Kid.
- Since "Abyss Kid" was destroyed and sent to the Graveyard, its effect activates, inflicting 800 damage to Jack (Jack 4000 → 3200).
- Sets a card ("Red Screen").
- The Familiar draws Abyss Boat Watchman and subsequently Normal Summons it (0/0) in Attack Position.
- Activates Spirit Wave Barrier. Now if Jack attacks the Familiar directly, the attack Jack made is negated and the monster that made the direct attack is destroyed. On the Familiar's 3rd End Phase after this card's activation, he must destroy this card.
- Power Breaker attacks the Familiar directly, but the Familiar uses the effect of Spirit Wave Barrier to negate the attack and destroy Power Breaker.
- Big Piece Golem attacks the Familiar directly, but the Familiar activates Guidance to the Abyss, Special Summoning Abyss Guardian (0/0) in Defense Position.
- Due to the effect of "Abyss Kid", Abyss Guardian is immediately destroyed.
- Since "Abyss Guardian" was destroyed and sent to the Graveyard, its effect activates, inflicting 800 damage to Jack (Jack 2400 → 1600).
- Since "Abyss Guardian" was destroyed during the Battle Phase, its effect immediately ends the Battle Phase.
- The Familiar draws. He then passes his turn.
The following cards appeared in this episode. Cards in italic debuted here.