|Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's - Episode 111|
Inishie no Chi Nasuka e
The Ancient Land - To Nazca
|Japanese air date||
May 26, 2010
|Episode listing||Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's episode listing (season 2)|
|Previous||Primo's Plan, Part 5|
|Next||The Crimson Devil|
"The Ancient Land - To Nazca" is the one-hundredth-and-eleventh episode of Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's, in the Japanese version.
Due to such an eerie premonition, Jack is summoned by Greiger, who sends to Yusei a mail, reading "Jack Atlas... if you do not acquire a method of fighting... by your own strength, you shall die..." Jack going to Nazca with Yusei, they reunite with Greiger (whom neither Yusei or Jack has seen in a long time).
After explaining his dream and his concerns, Greiger advises Jack (who is eager to find a new way to fight) on a path to take. Assuming they will have a Riding Duel together, Jack accepts only to find out Greiger's young brother Max is the one that he will challenge.
After Max reflects the attack of Red Dragon Archfiend, Jack is knocked from his Duel Runner, so the duel is canceled. Jack is angry because he thinks that Greiger wanted this duel with the intention to humiliate his strategy and after a short discussion, Jack leaves them.
Max VS JackEdit
Max's opening hand contains: "Freedom Bird", 3 "Bewitching Butterfly", "Ancestor Bird" & "Smoke Mirror". Jack's opening hand contains: "Strong Wind Dragon", "Vice Dragon", "Dark Resonator", "Power Invader", "Speed Spell - The End of the Storm" & "Urgent Tuning".
Turn 1: Max
Turn 2: Jack
- Jack Special Summons "Vice Dragon" (1000/1200) with its ATK halve since Max controls a monster and he dosen't. "Freedom Bird"'s effect activates allowing Max to Special Summon another "Freedom Bird" (0/0) from his Deck.
- He then Normal Summons "Dark Resonator" (1300/300). Max summons another "Freedom Bird" (0/0) in Defense Position.
Then Jack uses Dark Resonator and Vice Dragon to Synchro Summon "Red Dragon Archfiend" (3000/2000) then attacks "Freedom Bird". Due to "Red Dragon Archfiend"'s effect, all "Freedom Bird"s in Defense Postion are destroyed.
Turn 3: Max
- Special Summons "Bewitching Butterfly" (800/1800) since Jack controls a monster and he dosen't. Due to its effect, "Bewitching Butterfly" is destroyed.
- Max repeats the step above with his second and third "Bewitching Butterfly" and both cards are destroyed too. Max Normal Summons "Ancestor Bird" (0/0) in Defense Postion and sets a card face-down.
Turn 4: Jack
- Jack Normal Summons "Lancer Archfiend" (1600/1400). He attacks "Ancestor Bird" with "Red Dragon Archfiend", activating "Lancer Archfiend"'s effect to inflict piercing damage.
- Max activates 2 "Smoke Mirror" trap cards, increasing "Ancestor Bird"'s DEF equal to double "Red Dragon Archfiend"'s ATK "Ancestor Bird" (DEF 0 → 6000) (Jack: 4000 → 1000).
- In the process of being hit by the dragon, Jack "catches on fire" and moves out of the track.
The duel gets called off at this point.
Featured Cards Edit
The following cards appeared in this episode. Cards in italic debuted here.