|Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's - Episode 091|
Taggu Dyueru Kiryu to Yusei Bāsasu Rotten
Tag Duel: Kiryu & Yusei VS Lotten
Clash at Crash Town, Part 1
|Japanese air date||
January 6, 2010
|English air date||
December 18, 2010
|Episode listing||Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's episode listing (season 2)|
|Previous||The Race to Escape, Part 2|
|Next||Clash at Crash Town, Part 2|
"Clash at Crash Town, Part 1", known as "Tag Duel: Kiryu & Yusei VS Lotten" in the Japanese version, is the ninety-first episode of Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's.
Crashtown has come under control of Lawton and now that there is no one to oppose him, has become subject to his will. However, that is when Yusei Fudo and Kalin Kessler arrive. Kalin declares to Lawton, "Let me show you how the Grim Reaper lives his life." The Duel has begun with Yusei and Kalin against Lawton with the fate of the town hanging in the balance.
Yusei and Kalin vs. LawtonEdit
Turn 1: Lawton
Lawton draws "Gatling Ogre" and subsequently Normal Summons it (800/800) in Attack Position. He then sets 5 cards face-down in his Spell & Trap Card Zone. Next Lawton uses the effect of "Gatling Ogre" to send all the set cards in his Spell & Trap Card Zone to the Graveyard and inflict 800 damage to Kalin for each card sent this way. With five sent this way, Kalin takes a total of 4000 damage (Kalin 4000 → 3200 → 2400 → 1600 → 800 → 0). Since Kalin's Life Points have hit 0, he activates the effect of "Infernity Zero", discarding all cards in his hand to Special Summon it (0/0) in Defense Position. Due to the effect of "Infernity Zero", Kalin can't lose the Duel while it is face-up and it can't be destroyed by battle. Every time Kalin takes damage, "Infernity Zero" will gain one Doom Counter for each 500 damage Kalin takes. When there are three Doom Counters on "Infernity Zero", it will be destroyed. Lawton sets another 5 cards face-down in his Spell & Trap Card Zone. He then uses the effect of "Gatling Ogre" to send 1 set card to the Graveyard and inflict 800 damage to Kalin(he is planning to send three of his set cards to the Graveyard so he can place three Doom Counters on "Infernity Zero"), but Kalin activates the effect of the "Infernity Doom Slinger" in his Graveyard, removing it from play to make Lawton choose two choices. If Lawton chooses the first option, Kalin will draw 1 card. If the drawn card is a Monster, Lawton will take damage equal to the effect damage Kalin took and all effect damage Kalin takes will be inflicted to Lawton instead. However, if it's something other than a monster, the effect proceeds as normal. If Lawton chooses the second option, the effect of "Infernity Doom Slinger" is negated, but Kalin takes no effect damage this turn. Lawton chooses the second option, so Kalin is safe for the moment.
Turn 2: Kalin
Kalin draws a card and subsequently sets it in his Spell & Trap Card Zone.
Turn 3: Yusei
Yusei's hand contains "Effect Veiler", "Half Shield", "Skill Twist", "Synchro Blast", and "Quillbolt Hedgehog". Yusei draws "Justice Bringer" and subsequently Normal Summons it (1700/1000) in Attack Position. He is about to move "Effect Veiler" to the center of his hand, but Lawton activates "Pinpoint Shot" and declares "Effect Veiler". Because "Effect Veiler" is in Yusei's hand, "Pinpoint Shot", destroys it and sends it to the Graveyard. Yusei sets 1 card face-down in his Spell & Trap Card Zone.
Turn 4: Lawton
Lawton draws "Double Arms". He then switches "Gatling Ogre" to Defense Position. Next he activates "Double Arms", equipping it onto "Gatling Ogre". Now all effect damage that the effect of "Gatling Ogre" inflicts will be doubled. Lawton then activates the effect of "Gatling Ogre", sending 1 set card in his Spell & Trap Card Zone to the Graveyard and inflicting 1600 damage to Kalin, but Kalin activates "Dodge Roll" which allows Kalin to take no damage from the effect of "Gatling Ogre" once. Lawton then activates the effect of "Gatling Ogre" again, sending 1 set card in his Spell & Trap Card Zone to the Graveyard and inflicting 1600 damage to Kalin, but Yusei activates "Half Shield" which cuts the damage Kalin takes in half. Because of that, only 1 Doom Counter is placed on Infernity Zero instead of 3.
Turn 5: Kalin
Kalin draws "Infernity Archfiend". Since Kalin had no cards in his hand when he drew "Infernity Archfiend", he Special Summons it (1800/1200) in Attack Position. Since "Infernity Archfiend" was Special Summoned while Kalin had no cards in his hand, its effect activates, allowing Kalin to add "Infernity Mirage" from his Deck to his hand. Kalin then Normal Summons "Infernity Mirage" (0/0) in Attack Position. Since Kalin has no cards in his hand, he tributes "Infernity Mirage" to activate its effect, Special Summoning "Infernity Beetle" (1200/0) and "Infernity Beast" (1600/1200) from his Graveyard in Attack Position. Kalin then activates the effect of "Infernity Beetle", Tributing it to Special Summon 2 more "Infernity Beetles" from his Deck (1200/0 for both) in Attack Position. Kalin attacks "Gatling Ogre" with one of his "Infernity Beetles", but Lawton activates "Back Attack Ambush", negating the attack, ending the Battle Phase, and Special Summoning one "Ambush Token" for each Attack Position monster Kalin controls. Kalin controls four Attack Position monsters, so Lawton Special Summons four Ambush Tokens (100/100 for all) in Defense Postion. Lawton prepares to Tribute all of his Ambush Tokens. For each "Ambush Token" that Lawton Tributes at this moment, Kalin will take 500 damage for each one Tributed which will total up to 2000 damage. Yusei, at this point, reveals the effect of "Justice Bringer". Due to the effect of "Justice Bringer", the effects of all Special Summoned Monsters controlled by Lawton are negated while it isn't Yusei's turn. Therefore, Lawton can't Tribute his Ambush Tokens this turn to destroy "Infernity Zero" and defeat Kalin.
Differences in adaptationsEdit
- When Gatling Ogre fires for the first time, Yusei shouts "Play something!" at Kalin. Yusei is silent in the original version.
- Gatling Ogre's gun turret smoking is cut.
- A laser sound is added as well as a blue ring around the hole that's put through the Effect Veiler card from Lawton's Pinpoint Shot.
- Yusei's flashback of his duel with Kalin is cut.
- Yusei's flashback of him using the effect of Effect Veiler during his Turbo Duel with Lawton is cut.
- The shots fired by Gatling Ogre (& the sounds they produce) are edited to resemble laser blasts in the English dub. However, the bullet shells are still visible being loaded & deflected by Kalin's "Dodge Roll" Trap Card.
- Blaster Ogre appears to fire a blue laser beam instead of a bullet. However, a bullet is still seen hitting Kalin for his second Doom Counter and being deflected by Yusei's "Skill Twist".
- Scenes of Infernity Doom Slinger pointing a gun at Lawton's head are edited out in the English dub.
- In the dub, Barbara hooks a whip around a duelist's waist. In the Japanese version she hooks it around his neck. (However, the duelist is still seen grabbing at his neck.)
- In the dub, the scene where Lawton hooks a whip around Yusei's neck is cut out. However, when Yusei stood up the whip was still seen around his neck.
- In the dub, the boards that the workers were putting over the Crash Town sign were blank. In the Japanese version, they said "Lotten Town".
- In the dub, the song that Kalin played on his harmonica was different than the one in the Japanese version.
- In the German version, any shots of Gatling Ogre loading bullets or firing is cut.
- The effect of adding an additional clip to Gatling Ogre is cut in the German version.
- The English dub mistakenly refers to Effect Veiler as a Trap Card.
- Yusei sends "Effect Veiler" to the Graveyard face-down, when cards are supposed to be sent to the Graveyard face-up.
The following cards appeared in this episode. Cards in italics debuted here.