|Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's - Episode 090|
Shitō no Raidingu Dyueru
Riding Duel Deathmatch
The Race to Escape, Part 2
|Japanese air date||
December 23, 2009
|English air date||
December 11, 2010
|Episode listing||Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's episode listing (season 2)|
|Previous||The Race to Escape, Part 1|
|Next||Clash at Crash Town, Part 1|
"The Race to Escape, Part 2", known as "Deathmatch Riding Duel" in the Japanese version, is the ninetieth episode of Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's. It first aired in Japan on December 23, 2009.
Lawton has summoned "Big Cannon Ogre" and backed Yusei into a corner. When Yusei's Life Points drop down to a slim 400, Yusei stakes everything on his next draw. Meanwhile Kalin saves Sergio, West and Nico's father, and has been fighting the lookouts in order to escape.
Yusei vs. LawtonEdit
Turn 5: Lawton
(Lawton's SPC: 4; Yusei's SPC: 4)
Lawton draws, intending for the card to be a Speed Spell or a Trap Card, however the card is revealed to be "Big Cannon Ogre", so he can't use the effect of "Gatling Ogre" or "Speed World 2". Since Lawton has a "Full Armor Ogre" in his Graveyard, he Tributes "Gatling Ogre" to Special Summon "Big Cannon Ogre" (2400/2400) in Attack Position. "Big Cannon Ogre" then attacks "Turret Warrior". Lawton then activates the effect of "Skill Successor", removing it from play from his Graveyard to increase the ATK of "Big Cannon Ogre" by 800 until the End Phase ("Big Cannon Ogre": 2400 → 3200/2400). "Big Cannon Ogre" destroys "Turret Warrior". Due to the effect of "Big Cannon Ogre", all Battle Damage that Yusei takes from the attack is doubled (Yusei 800 → 400 Life Points). Lawton ends his turn. On the End Phase, the effect of "Skill Successor" wears off ("Big Cannon Ogre": 3200 → 2400/2400).
Turn 6: Yusei
(Lawton's SPC: 5; Yusei's SPC: 5)
Yusei draws "Speed Spell - Fallen Synchron" and subsequently activates it, removing from play "Sonic Chick" and "Quickdraw Synchron" from his Graveyard to Synchro Summon "Drill Warrior" (2400/2000) in Attack Position while treating "Quickdraw Synchron" as "Drill Synchron". Yusei then activates "Drill Warrior's" effect, halving its ATK until the End Phase to allow it to attack Lawton directly this turn ("Drill Warrior": 2400 → 1200/2000). "Drill Warrior" attacks Lawton directly, but Lawton activates the effect of "Explosive Wall" from his Graveyard, removing it from play to remove from play "Drill Warrior" and every card Lawton controls.
Jordan vs. unknown opponentEdit
Duel already in progress. Jordan's opponent has 500 Life Points remaining.
Turn ?: Jordan
Jordan summons "Cyber Commander" (750/700) in Attack Position. "Cyber Commander" attacks Jordan's opponent directly (Jordan's opponent 500 → 0).
Jordan vs. unknown opponentEdit
Duel already in progress. Sergio has 100 Life Points remaining.
Turn ?: ?
Jordan's opponent does something unknown that inflicts damage to Jordan (Jordan 100 → 0).
Differences in adaptationsEdit
- In the English dub whenever the pursuing guards activate Jordan's (Sergio's) restraint collar the bolts of electricity jumping from it are always edited out. It is implied that in the dub version the collars simply tighten, but do not release an electric shock.
- In the English version, the shot of Jordan falling down the mine cave is cut out. Instead, he is last shown hanging onto a ledge, shouting "I'll find you guys!" Kalin later tells West and Nico that their father will find a way out. However, it's still heavily implied that he has fallen, as he was visibly struggling to remain hanging on the ledge.
- In the original version the inset song You Say~Ashita e~ is added, However in the dubbed version there is no insert song.
- In the English dub Barbara is said to be married to Lawton. This aspect is not present in the original.
- In the opening credits there was another "10th Anniversary Movie" preview was revealed and so was another card. The card is Elemental Hero Neos Knight.
- In the preview for the next episode, it was mentioned that the next air date would be the 6th of January 2010, meaning that there will be an additional week before an episode appears.
- This is one of the few episodes so far to include the insert song "You Say ~Ashita e~" ("You say... to tomorrow") by La-Vie (who also sings the third opening theme).
The following cards appeared in this episode. Cards in italics debuted here.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 "Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Episode 90: "Riding Duel Deathmatch"" (in Japanese). yugioh5ds-world.net. http://yugioh5ds-world.net/article/136393572.html.