|Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's - Episode 081|
Iēgā Hokaku Sakusen
Operation: Capture Yeager!
Get With The Program, Part 1
|Japanese air date||
October 21, 2009
|English air date||
November 13, 2010
|Episode listing||Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's episode listing (season 2)|
|Previous||The Super Genius|
|Next||Get With The Program, Part 2|
"Get With The Program, Part 1", known as "Operation: Capture Yeager!" in the Japanese version, is the eighty-first episode of Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's. It first aired in Japan on October 21, 2009.
After discovering that Lazar was the one who stole Yusei and Bruno's program, Yusei, Jack, Crow, and Bruno head out after him in order to get it back. Lazar realizes that he is being followed and manages to lose them inside a shopping mall, but Yusei and Bruno figure out that they've been tricked and manage to follow Lazar to a closed-down building.
Inside, Lazar meets Primo and hands over the program. Primo dismisses him and discovers that Yusei and Bruno have infiltrated the building. Inside, the two find a factory area full of unfamiliar machinery, which Bruno likens to that of a spaceship. Before the two can investigate further, however, the alarms activate and Yusei and Bruno are separated from each other.
The Factory's Secret
Shortly afterwards, Yusei encounters Lazar, who denies to have any involvement with the theft. Then, a giant security robot activated by Primo appears before them. It proceeds to close down all of the exits, proclaiming that Yusei must defeat it in a duel to proceed. Yusei accepts, though is quickly put into a tight spot as the robot analyzes and counters every move he makes.
Meanwhile, Bruno encounters a a new room, but he is surprised by Primo, who knocks him out. Primo then installs the program into the systems of an army's worth of Duelbots.
Featured Duel: Yusei Fudo vs. Guard Robot
Turn 1: Yusei
- Yusei draws.
- Yusei activates "One for One", sending "Speed Warrior" from his hand to the Graveyard to Special Summon "Level Eater" in Defense Position (600/0).
- Normal Summons "Junk Synchron" (1300/500) in Attack Position.
- Yusei tunes "Junk Synchron" and "Speed Warrior" to Synchro Summon "Junk Warrior" (2300/1300) in Attack Position. Due to the effect of "Junk Warrior", its ATK increases by that of "Level Eater" as it's a Level 2 or below monster ("Junk Warrior": 2300 → 2900/1300).
- Yusei sets a card and ends his turn.
Turn 2: Guard Robot
- Guard Robot draws.
- Guard Robot activates "Level Limit - Area B". Now all Level 4 or higher monsters are changed to Defense Position. Since "Junk Warrior" is Level 5, it is switched to Defense Position.
- Sets 3 cards face-down in its Spell & Trap Card Zone and ends its turn.
Turn 3: Yusei
- Yusei draws.
- Yusei activates "Graceful Revival" to Special Summon "Speed Warrior" from his Graveyard to his side of field in Attack Position (900/400).
- The Guard Robot activates "Malfunction", paying 500 Life Points (Guard Robot 4000 → 3500 Life Points) to negate the activation of "Graceful Revival" and re-set it.
- Since "Graceful Revival" has been negated, "Speed Warrior" goes back to the Graveyard.
- Since a Counter Trap Card the Guard Robot controls has negated one of Yusei's cards, the Robot Special Summons "Lock Dragon" via its own effect (0/2000) in Defense Position. Now while "Lock Dragon" is in face-up Defense Position, both players are forbidden from Special Summoning monsters.
- The Guard Robot then activates "Counter Force". Since a Counter Trap Card was activated, "Counter Force" gains 1 Charge Counter. On the Guard Robot's Standby Phase, it can send "Counter Force" to the Graveyard to inflict 1000 Damage to Yusei for each Charge Counter that is on it. The Guard Robot intends to put four Charge Counters on "Counter Force", so that it can use the effect of "Counter Force" to inflict 4000 damage to Yusei.
- At the end of the episode Yusei says that he must get his game on which is reference to Jaden Yuki's catchphrase from Yu-Gi-Oh! GX.
- In the English version, Yusei called "Level Eater" a Level 2 monster while it was shown as (and is) a Level 1 monster.
- At the very end of the episode, Yusei's Duel Disk is missing from his arm in the final shot (As can be seen above in the page image)
- When Yusei activates Graceful Revival, it shows the Japanese artwork while the angels should be erased out, not be shown naked.
The following cards appeared in this episode. Cards in italics debuted here.