|Yu-Gi-Oh! - Episode 190|
Jōnōchi Vāsasu Jīku Kareinaru Dyueru
Jonochi vs. Sieg - A Beautiful Duel
Down in Flames - Part 1
|Japanese air date||
February 4, 2004
|English air date||
September 10 2005
|Episode listing||Yu-Gi-Oh! episode listing (season 5)|
|Next||Down in Flames - Part 2|
- In the original Japanese anime, the music in the opening and ending themes changes from WARRIORS and These Overflowing Feelings Don't Stop to respectively OVERLAP and EYE'S.
- The 8 finalists of the KC Grand Championship are announced. All Duels take place at the same time.
|Joey Wheeler||vs.||Zigfried Lloyd|
|Paul McGregor||vs.||Balfry Ginger|
|Rebecca Hawkins||vs.||Abe the Monkey Boy|
|Ethan Shark||vs.||Leon Wilson|
- Joey Wheeler vs. Zigfried Lloyd is the only Duel fully featured in this episode.
- Zigfried duels under his pseudonym: Zigfried Lloyd.
- During the Duel, Zigfried's virus is activated again and hacks into the KaibaCorp computer system again, disrupting all the attractions around which the Duels are located.
Featured Duel: Joey Wheeler vs. Zigfried LloydEdit
Turn 1: Joey
Turn 2: Zigfried
Zigfried draws "Graceful Charity" and subsequently activates it, drawing 3 cards, then discarding 2 cards from his hand. He then Sets a card. At this point, "Valkyrie Erste" and "Valkyrie Zwei" (which were used in Zigfried's previous Duel) can be seen in Zigfried's hand, along with Polymerization" and the soon-to-be identified "Nibelung's Ring" and "Fricka's Mediation".
Turn 3: Joey
Joey draws "Brigadier of Landstar" and subsequently Normal Summons it (900/1200) in Attack Position. He activates "Landstar Shot", equipping it to "Brigadier of Landstar" and increasing its ATK by 600 ("Brigadier of Landstar": 900 → 1500/1200). "Brigadier of Landstar" attacks Zigfried directly, but Zigfried activates "Wotan's Judgment", switching the top card of his Deck ("Valkyrie Zwei") with a Spell Card from his hand ("Nibelung's Ring") and shuffling his Deck to negate the attack and end the Battle Phase.
Turn 4: Zigfried
Zigfried draws "Pot of Greed" and subsequently activates it, drawing 2 cards. One of these cards is "Erda's Guidance", which he immediately activates; Zigfried discards 1 Spell Card (deduced to be "Polymerization") to take 1 Trap Card from his Graveyard and Set it on his side of the field (which Joey deducts to be "Wotan's Judgment").
Turn 5: Joey
Joey draws. He Tributes "Brigadier of Landstar" to Tribute Summon "Jinzo" (2400/1500) in Attack Position. The effect of "Jinzo" destroys all Trap Cards on the field, so it destroys Zigfried's Set "Wotan's Judgment".[Notes 1]. "Jinzo" attacks Zigfried directly (Zigfried 4000 → 1600).
Turn 6: Zigfried
Zigfried draws "Ride of The Valkyries" and subsequently activates it.
The following cards appeared in this episode. Cards in italics debuted here.
- ↑ In the TCG/OCG, "Jinzo" only negates the effects of face-up Trap Cards, and prevents Trap Cards from being activated; it doesn't automatically "destroy" them, even if they are face-down.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 This card was seen in Joey's hand.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 This card was seen in Zigfried's hand.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 A second copy of this card was seen in Zigfried's hand only in the Dub.