|Yu-Gi-Oh! - Episode 190|
Jōnōchi Vāsasu Jīku Kareinaru Dyueru
Jonochi vs. Sieg - A Beautiful Duel
Down in Flames - Part 1
|Japanese air date||
February 4, 2004
|English air date||
September 10, 2005
|Episode listing||Yu-Gi-Oh! episode listing (season 5)|
|Next||Down in Flames - Part 2|
- In the original Japanese anime, the music in the opening and ending themes changes from WARRIORS and These Overflowing Feelings Don't Stop to respectively OVERLAP and EYE'S.
- Yugi's complaint is a little exaggerated, stating he was tired of trying to stop people trying to take over the world. Zigfried only wanted to ruin KC's reputation.
- The 8 finalists of the KC Grand Championship are announced. All Duels take place at the same time.
- Round 2 - Quarter-Finals
- Joey Wheeler vs. Zigfried Lloyd
- Paul McGregor vs. Balfry Ginger
- Rebecca Hawkins vs. Abe the Monkey Boy
- Ethan Shark vs. Leon Wilson
- Joey Wheeler vs. Zigfried Lloyd is the only Duel fully featured in this episode.
- Zigfried duels under his pseudonym: Zigfried Lloyd.
- During the Duel, Zigfried's virus is activated again and hacks into the KaibaCorp computer system again, disrupting all the attractions around which the Duels are located.
Featured Duel: Joey Wheeler vs. Zigfried Lloyd
Turn 2: Zigfried
Zigfried draws "Graceful Charity" and subsequently activates it to draw three cards and discard two cards from his hand. He then Sets a card. Zigfried's hand contains "Valkyrie Erste" and "Valkyrie Zweite", "Polymerization" and the soon-to-be identified "Nibelung's Ring" and "Fricka's Mediation".
Turn 3: Joey
Joey draws "Brigadier of Landstar" and subsequently Normal Summons it (900/1200) in Attack Position. He then activates "Landstar Shot", equipping it to "Brigadier of Landstar" and increasing its ATK by 600 ("Brigadier of Landstar": 900 → 1500/1200).
"Brigadier of Landstar" attacks directly, but Zigfried activates his face-down "Wotan's Judgment" to switch the top card of his Deck ("Valkyrie Zweite") with a Magic Card from his hand ("Nibelung's Ring") in order to negate the attack and end the Battle Phase.
Turn 4: Zigfried
Zigfried draws "Pot of Greed" and subsequently activates it to draw 2 cards (an unknown card[Notes 1] and "Erda's Guidance"). Zigfried then activates "Goddess Erda's Guidance" to discard 1 Magic Card,[Notes 2] take a Trap Card from his Graveyard, and Set it on his side of the field (which Joey deduces to be "Wotan's Judgment").
Turn 5: Joey
Joey draws. He then Tributes "Brigadier of Landstar" in order to Tribute Summon "Jinzo" (2400/1500) in Attack Position. The effect of "Jinzo" destroys all Trap Cards on the field, so it destroys Zigfried's Set "Wotan's Judgment".[Notes 3] "Jinzo" attacks directly (Zigfried 4000 → 1600).
Turn 6: Zigfried
Zigfried draws "Ride of The Valkyries" and subsequently activates it.
The following cards appeared in this episode. Cards in italics debuted here.
- ↑ Although not shown the other card drawn was "Valkyrie Zweite" due to Zigfried having three copies in his hand when he activated "Ride of the Valkyries".
- ↑ Although not shown, the card discarded was "Polymerization" due to what was shown in the next episode.
- ↑ In the TCG/OCG, "Jinzo" only negates the effects of face-up Trap Cards, and prevents Trap Cards from being activated; it doesn't automatically "destroy" them, even if they are face-down.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 This card was seen in Joey's hand.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 5.4 This card was seen in Zigfried's hand.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 A second copy of this card was seen in Zigfried's hand only in the Dub.