|This article may require cleanup to meet this wiki's standards.|
|Yu-Gi-Oh! - Episode 186|
An Already-Moving Conspiracy
Unwanted Guest - Part 2
|Japanese air date||
January 7, 2004
|English air date||
August 27 2005
|Episode listing||Yu-Gi-Oh! episode listing (season 5)|
|Previous||Unwanted Guest - Part 1|
|Next||Let the Games Begin! - Part 1|
"Heart of the Underdog"
- The Duel keeps on and Yami is having trouble with the KC DuelTek 760's advanced tactics. However, once he Summons "Spirit Ryu and uses the Spell Card Yugi gave Rick, "Heart of the Underdog".
- Joey is taken aback by the name and everyone laughs.
(NOTE: it's a running gag in the Japanese version that Kaiba always names Joey "bonkutsu" or "mediocre" ever since the Duelist Kingdom tournament.)
- Thanks to its effect, Yami is able to power up "Spirit Ryu" until it has a neat 7,000 points of ATK and wins the Duel, allowing everyone to come out.
- Joey tries to question Yami why he had such a card: Yami switches to Yugi and Yugi is unable to come up with a decent reply. Joey sounds rather offended at seeing that Yugi is siding with Kaiba in this topic.
- Kaiba, having been noticed of the happenings via his PC, gets there with a chopper, worried about Mokuba. He announces that he will find the hacker.
- In the meantime, the man known as "Zigfried", after watching a bit of the Duel and finding it intriguing that Yami was there (he recognizes him as the Battle City Finals winner and "The King of Games"), departs with a private corporate jet towards somewhere. He witnesses the end of the Duel: "Hmpf. It should have been expected. He isn't the man who defeated Seto Kaiba for nothing."
KC Grand Prix Duelists.
- That same evening, a party is held to celebrate the opening of the KC Grand Prix. During the party, both Anzu and Rebecca discover a new 'rival' of theirs: Vivian Wong, a rather show-off fangirl.
- One of the boys in the Duel Dome, Leon Wilson announces that he's also taking part and that he wishes he'd be able to Duel with Yugi.
- Just as Kaiba is telling Roland to begin already even though they're missing one Duelist, the man known as Zigfried makes his entrance. Kaiba and he stand face-to-face. It's obvious that they're connected somehow but Kaiba doesn't suspect anything as of yet.
- With all Duelists gathered, they are introduced on-stage by Roland. In order:
- The winner of the tournament will have the honor to compete against Yugi Muto for the title of "King of Duels".
- Leon is introduced as a yet undefeated Duelist and a young genius, surprising Yami and Joey.
- It's obvious at the first sight who 'Apdnarg Otum' is, and Yugi looks taken aback by him showing up here.
- The matching-ups will be decided at random by computer.
- The KC Grand Prix shall start the next day's morning.
Featured Duel: Rick/Yami Yugi vs. KC DuelTek 760
Turn 2: Yami Yugi
Yami draws "Luster Dragon 2". Aside from "Luster Dragon 2", Yami Yugi's hand contains "Twin-Headed Fire Dragon", "Baby Dragon", "Petit Dragon", "Luster Dragon", and "Sky Dragon". Yami Yugi then Normal Summons "Petit Dragon" (600/700) in Defense Position.
Turn 3: KC DuelTek 760
Turn 4: Yami Yugi
Yami draws "Dragon Treasure". He then Normal Summons "Luster Dragon" (1900/1600) in Attack Position. Yami Yugi then Activates "Dragon Treasure", equipping it to "Luster Dragon and increasing the ATK and DEF of "Luster Dragon" by 300 ("Luster Dragon": 1900 → 2200/1600 → 1900). "Luster Dragon" Attacks & Destroys KC DuelTek 760's "Airknight Parshath" (Duel Machine 4000 → 3700).
Turn 5: KC DuelTek 760
KC DuelTek 760 draws "Slate Warrior". Aside from "Slate Warrior", the KC Dueltek 760's hand currently contains "Jowgen the Spiritualist", "Mirage of Nightmare" and "Battle Warrior". On the KC DuelTek's Standby Phase, the effect of "Sinister Serpent" activates, returning it from the KCDuelTek's Graveyard to its Hand. The KC DuelTek then Normal Summons "Slate Warrior" (1900/400) in Attack Position. "Slate Warrior" Attacks Yami's "Luster Dragon". "Luster Dragon" destroys "Slate Warrior". (Duel Machine 3700 → 3400). The second effect of "Slate Warrior" then activates, decreasing "Luster Dragon's" ATK and DEF by 500 ("Luster Dragon": 2200 → 1700/1900 → 1400). "Berserk Gorilla" Attacks & Destroys Yami's "Luster Dragon" (Yami 800 → 500). Since "Berserk Gorilla" inflicted Battle Damage to Yami, KC DuelTek 760's "Robbin' Goblin" Activates, forcing Yami to Discard a random Card. He Discards "Twin-Headed Fire Dragon". "Baby Dragon" is the only card in Yami Yugi's hand now.
Turn 7: KC DuelTek 760
KC DuelTek 760's hand contains "Jowgen the Spiritualist", "Mirage of Nightmare", "Battle Warrior", and "Sinister Serpent". KC DuelTek 760 draws "Jinzo". It then Tributes "Berserk Gorilla" to summon "Jinzo" (2400/1500) in Attack Position. Due to the effect of "Jinzo", all Trap Cards are Negated & Destroyed; KC DuelTek 760's "Robbin' Goblin" is Destroyed. "Jinzo" Attacks & Destroys Yami's "Cave Dwelling Dragon".
Turn 8: Yami Yugi
Yami draws "Heart of the Underdog". He then Normal Summons "Baby Dragon" (1200/700) in Defense Position. Yami Yugi then Activates Continuous Spell Card "Heart of the Underdog". Now during each of Yami's Draw Phases, he can Draw another card if he Draws a Normal Monster and shows it to the Opponent.
Turn 9: KC DuelTek 760
KC DuelTek 760 draws. It then Normal Summons "Sinister Serpent" (300/250) in Attack Position. "Jinzo" Attacks & Destroys Yami's "Baby Dragon". "Sinister Serpent" Attacks Yami Directly (Yami 500 → 200).
Turn 10: Yami Yugi
Yami draws "Curse of Dragon". This activates "Heart of the Underdog's" Effect, allowing Yami Yugi to draw again. Yami Yugi then draws "Koumori Dragon", "Heart of the Underdog's" Effect activates again, allowing Yami Yugi to draw again. Yami Yugi then draws "Winged Dragon, Guardian of the Fortress #1", "Heart of the Underdog's" Effect activates again, allowing Yami Yugi to draw again. Yami Yugi then draws "Hyozanryu", "Heart of the Underdog's" Effect activates again, allowing Yami Yugi to draw again. Yami Yugi then draws "Crawling Dragon", "Heart of the Underdog's" Effect activates again, allowing Yami Yugi to draw again. Yami Yugi then Draws "Blackland Fire Dragon", "Heart of the Underdog's" Effect activates again, allowing Yami Yugi to draw again. Yami Yugi then draws "Spirit Ryu". Since the latter an Effect Monster, "Heart of the Underdog's" Effect is not activated. Yami Yugi then Normal Summons "Spirit Ryu" (1000/1000) in Attack Position. "Spirit Ryu" Attacks Duel Machine's "Jinzo". Yami then activates "Spirit Ryu's" Effect, Discarding 6 Dragon-Type Monsters during the Damage Step to boost "Spirit Ryu's" ATK by 1000 for each Dragon he Discarded. With six discarded, "Spirit Ryu" gains 6000 ATK ("Spirit Ryu": 1000 → 7000/1000). "Spirit Ryu" Destroys Duel Machine's "Jinzo" (Duel Machine 3400 → 0). Yami wins.
Differences in adaptations
- The attack against Petit Dragon by "Airknight Parshath" is obscured in the dub.
- Sinister Serpent's Attack is obscured when it bites Yami.
- A shot of Leon and the other children cheering is removed in the dub.
- A close-up of Yami Yugi explaining Spirit Ryu's Ability is also removed.
- The markings on the chest of "Slate Warrior" are removed from the dub.
- When Petit Dragon is destroyed, Yami's Life Points are briefly shown to be over 4800 while he is receiving damage, instead of the 4000 he actually possessed prior to the damage calculation. Despite this error, his resulting Life Points after the subtraction are correct.
- The same mistake occurs again for the Duel Computer when Slate Warrior is destroyed, with the Life Point counter once again seemingly beginning over 4800.
The following cards appeared in this episode. Cards in italics debuted here.
- ↑ Although not shown, the card discarded was "Luster Dragon #2" due to what was shown in Yami Yugi's hand later.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 This card was seen in KC DuelTek 760's hand.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 This card was seen during "Heart of the Underdog's" effect.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 This card was seen in Yugi's hand.
- ↑ This card was seen during "Heart of the Underdog's" effect only in the Dub. It replaced Crawling Dragon in the Japanese version.