|Yu-Gi-Oh! - Episode 183|
Kamigami no Tatakai
Battle of the Gods
Rise of the Great Beast - Part 1
|Japanese air date||
December 10, 2003
|English air date||
May 28, 2005
|Episode listing||Yu-Gi-Oh! episode listing (season 4)|
|Previous||A Duel with Dartz - Part 6|
|Next||Rise of the Great Beast - Part 2|
"Dark Magician Girl" and the Duel Monsters world survivors join the fray. The Chosen Duelists try to strike back with new Monsters.
- Joey Summons "Gearfried the Iron Knight", "Rocket Warrior", and "Gilford the Lightning".
- Kaiba Summons "XYZ-Dragon Cannon", "Blade Knight", and "Kaiser Sea Horse".
- Yugi Summons "Black Luster Soldier", "Buster Blader", and "Valkyrion the Magna Warrior". They all attack with no success.
- The Orichalcos God counter-attacks, destroying all of their Monsters including their Legendary Knights.
Dartz claims that this god's power cannot be exhausted. The reason is simple: the origin of the power of this god is from the seized persons’ "Dark of the Heart": that is the reason. He then tells them to pay attention and they heard several mourning laments from within the beast. He creates some tentacle-like extensions and begins to assimilate the 3 of them, claiming that the current humans cannot win over the darkness of their hearts. Yami manages to hold on by having his Duel Disk stop him from falling fully inside of the beast's body.
Gathering of PowerEdit
Yugi tells Yami that they should try to stir comfortable memories of the people trapped here. Yami admits that although it's hard to win over the darkness of the heart, there's something inside of everyone which cannot be destroyed. No matter what happens, it will always keep on existing. If they believe on its existence, then they can bring out the 'Light' of their hearts. He rallies on everyone to recall those who fought for them.
As some of them recall things, they begin to generate some kind of energy. Dartz claims victory, but, all of a sudden, something begins to pulsate inside of the beast, taking him aback. The power of the captured souls flows into Yami's Duel Disk, and "Dark Magician Girl" spots it, so they join their power into it. Joey and Kaiba hand him their power as well.
Yami finally sinks inside, but his Millennium Puzzle engages and the image of him as the Pharaoh shows over his body while the Eye of Wdjat shows up on his forehead. The pulsations begins to occur again, surprising Dartz as three familiar beams of light pierce out of the beast's body, taking Dartz aback.
Battle of the GodsEdit
The energy leaves a hole in the beast's body and the Chosen Duelists are freed. However, the 3 Egyptian Gods descend from the skies and face the Orichalcos God, stunning Dartz. Roaring, the beast flies above the clouds, and the Egyptian Gods, along with Yami's spirit, chase it.
The three Egyptian Gods attack the beast a first time, unsuccessfully, and as they pull back, the Great Leviathan counter-attacks. Yami then calls on the Egyptian Gods' attacks by their special names:
Their 3 attacks combine into one mighty blaze. Thanks to the power of infused into Yami's Duel Disk previously, the attack destroys the Orichalcos God and Dartz. The body of the God falls down into the ocean. All the souls trapped by the Orichalcos are set free.
The True Nature of the Orichalcos GodEdit
Suddenly, Atlantis starts falling apart and sinking back into the ocean. A shape jumps out of the ocean and into it. Yugi, Kaiba, and Joey rush back to the inter-dimensional portal. However, Yugi and Yami's spirit stay behind to face... Dartz and the the true form of the Orichalcos God, who has not yet been defeated!
Featured Battle #2: Yugi & Yami Vs. Dartz & The "Great Serpent" - Part 1Edit
"Legendary Knight Timaeus" comes out of his own will and tries to attack the "Great Serpent", as Dartz names it. Timaeus is struck down and its Attack doesn't seem to have made any damage: Yami calls him back to his Deck and wonders what is this thing: it seems different from all of the monsters they've encountered so far.
Dartz explains that all kinds of attacks are already futile: this "Great Serpent" is the true nature of the Orichalcos God. It holds the resentment of the humans populating this world. Man has filled this planet with hatred, so as long as man or the Earth exist, the darkness of the heart held within the Earth shall not be destroyed.
Yami tells Yugi to run, and let him deal with this. Yami announces that unless the "Great Serpent" is defeated, the same events will transpire over and over again. He then demands of the "Great Serpent" if it was the one which summoned his soul to this place. He says that, in this battle, he's finally understood his uttermost duty as the Pharaoh, thanks to the support of his companions. Yami then challenges the "Great Serpent", announcing that he'll shoulder all of its rage and hatred which form the Earth's darkness of the heart. The "Great Serpent" then attacks & engulfs Yami's spirit.
Differences in adaptationsEdit
- Rafael, Alister, and Valon have a completely different flashbacks in the International anime.
- The hexagram on "Dark Magician Girl" is removed.
- "Dreamsprite" and "Fairy's Gift" are dressed to avoid nudity.
- Apart from the 3 Dragons/Knights, Kaiba, Yami Yugi, and Joey each only summon 3 "real" monsters at a time, much like the DiaDhanks of Ancient Egypt.
- The three monsters Yugi summons in this episode are the same three monsters he uses in the final episode of Yu-Gi-Oh! GX for the effect of "Subspatial Battle".
- Two of Joey's 3 monsters this time around, "Gearfried" and "Gilford", are the same two monsters Joey summoned outside of Duel in Yu-Gi-Oh! The Movie: Pyramid of Light to battle the giant monster form the antagonist took on for the last fight (though he'd already summoned both in a duel earlier on).
- When Yami and the Egyptian Gods come out of the clouds, their positions match those of the carvings on the Tablet of Lost Memories: Slifer is in the middle, Obelisk is on the right, Ra is on the left, and Yami is centered between them (like the puzzle on the tablet), representing the full power of the Pharaoh.
- During the scene where several souls are shown trapped within the Orichalcos God, Rex Raptor is wearing his Duelist Kingdom clothing, instead of his post-season 1 clothing.
The following cards appeared in this episode. Cards in italics debuted here.