|Yu-Gi-Oh! - Episode 182|
Kōgekiryoku Mugendai! Jashin Gē
Attack Power: Infinite! Snake God Ge
A Duel with Dartz - Part 6
|Japanese air date||
December 3, 2003
|English air date||
May 21, 2005
|Episode listing||Yu-Gi-Oh! episode listing (season 4)|
|Previous||A Duel with Dartz - Part 5|
|Next||Rise of the Great Beast - Part 1|
The 3 Knights Unite. Edit
- "Divine Serpent" is trying to Destroy Yami's "Dark Magician Girl". However, Yami uses "Legendary Knight Hermos's" Special Ability: he 'absorbs' the power of the "Obnoxious Celtic Guard" and gains its Effect: it cannot be Destroyed in Battle by a Monster that has 1900 or more ATK.
- The 3 Knights claim, that, by staking their lives, they shall protect their Master. Dartz grumbles and has to End his Turn. Yami Draws and claims that it's finally time to settle scores. Dartz shrugs and points out that his adversary, the "Divine Serpent" has Infinite ATK.
- Yami recalls about how this is a battle for the sake of a lot of people. By using a combo of the Legendary Knights' Special Abilities, he's able to deliver the finishing blow to Dartz's Monster with "Knight of Destiny", whose power tears a crack into space-time and opens up the dimension in which the seized souls are being fed to the Orichalcos God.
- However, the Orichalcos God comes out of an inter dimensional portal and Dartz disappears, to Yami's surprise. However, the 3 Knights are able to recall the Souls of Yugi, Joey and Kaiba.
Rise of Atlantis. Edit
- Atlantis emerges from the ocean and everyone knows that they must go there and fight the final battle: Kaiba, Joey and Yugi decide to go on their own. While walking back inside of the temple, Yugi's Millennium Puzzle is triggered: he fins the God Cards in the slots where Dartz had placed them back during Yugi freed Timaeus.
- The rise of Atlantis causes a gigantic tsunami (200 meters tall!) to form and head towards the mainland: it'll reach the American Eastern Coast in roughly 1 hour!
- Yugi returns the other two "Legendary Dragon" Cards to both Kaiba & Joey before Dartz's face (projected by magic) invites them to come over.
- Upon reaching the palace's courtyard and finding the origin of the green beam of energy which is being emitted, they find Dartz's body turned into an ice statue which is sitting in a throne. It fades away. Dartz then magically projects his face in the area and claims that his God will be resurrected: he will be offering his soul instead of those of the Chosen Duelists.
- The 3 of them attempt an attack on it, but nothing seems to come close to scratching it: suddenly, the aurora forms in the sky.
Featured Duel: Yami Yugi & Seto Kaiba vs. DartzEdit
Turn 28: Dartz
- Thanks to the Effect of "Impact Revive" Dartz is repeating his Battle Phase, and has just used his "Divine Serpent" to Attack Yami's "Dark Magician Girl".
- Yami Activates "Legendary Knight Hermos'" first Special Ability: he redirects Dartz's Attack to "Legendary Knight Hermos", then selects "Obnoxious Celtic Guardian" in his Graveyard and Removes it from the Duel so that "Legendary Knight Hermos" can absorb its Special Effects (i.e. this Card is not Destroyed by Battle against a Monster with 1900 ATK or more).
- "Legendary Knight Hermos" survives Dartz's Attack and Damage Calculation is applied normally, but since Yami is already at 0 LP that does not affect the outcome of the Duel.
Turn 29: Yami
- Draws "Attack Guidance Barrier".
- Uses "Legendary Knight Hermos" and "Legendary Knight Critias" to Attack Dartz's "Divine Serpent", initiating a series of steps to increase the power of his attack to infinity. Once the ATK reaches "infinite", "Timaeus" absorbs it, forming "Knight of Destiny", who attacks "Divine Serpent". Because "Divine Serpent" is Destroyed, Dartz loses the Duel.
However, how exactly the steps are achieved is not fully covered in the anime (neither in the original Japanese or English dub). What follows is an attempt to provide a reasonable explanation and possible alternatives for each step.
- Yugi attacks "Divine Serpent" with "Legendary Knight Critias", who absorbs "Attack Guidance Barrier" (note that by absorbing the card, "Critias" gains a new effect, as he did previously in the form of "The Fang of Critias".
- The effect "Critias" gains is not explained explicitly; however, judging by the Trap Card's original effect and how things happened, the effect should be something like: "When a monster declares an attack: You can redirect that attack to another monster on the field; if you do, increase the redirected ATK by [???].".
- With the absorbed effect of "Attack Guidance Barrier", "Critias" redirect the attack to "Legendary Knight Hermos", increasing it by an unknown amount.
- Yugi activates the effect of "Hermos", who absorbs "Alpha The Magnet Warrior", "Beta The Magnet Warrior" and "Gamma The Magnet Warrior" from Yugi's Deck.
- Just as with "Critias", the effect of "Hermos" isn't explained explicitly, but judging by what happens, it should be something like: "When a monster declares an attack: you can redirect that attack to another monster on the field; if you do, multiply the redirected attack by the number of monsters absorbed by this card."
- Yugi keeps using the effects of "Critias" and "Hermos" to keep redirecting the attack to each other, increasing it each time, until it reaches "infinite". (Note: This would actually be impossible, since "infinite" is not a number, but indicates an endless numerical value; so, a number can't increase to the point of reaching "infinite".)
- Once the attack power reaches infinite, the loop stops with Yugi, instead of using the effects of "Critias" and "Hermos" to redirect the attack to each other, redirecting the infinite attack to "Legendary Knight Timaeus". With the effect of "Timaeus", Yugi combines the three Legendary Knights, creating "Knight of Destiny" - the representation of the powers of the Legendary Knights united.
- Yugi attacks "Divine Serpent" with the infinite-ATK "Timaeus". As the ATKs of both are equal, they both would be destroyed. It is unknown if "Timaeus" was destroyed too at this point or had an effect which prevented it to, but in any way, Yugi wins the Duel at this point, because once "Divine Serpent" is destroyed, Dartz automatically loses.
Featured Battle: Yami + Seto + Joey vs. Dartz & The Orichalcos God - Part 1Edit
- Yami Summons "Dark Magician", "Summoned Skull", and "Kuriboh".
- Joey Summons "Flame Swordsman", "Jinzo", and "Red-Eyes Black Dragon".
- Seto Summons "Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon", "Gadget Soldier", and "Vorse Raider"
- They each Summon "The Eye of Timaeus", "The Fang of Critias", and "The Claw of Hermos", then Yami activates "Legend of Heart" to reveal the Legendary Dragons' true form: "Legendary Knight Timaeus", "Legendary Knight Critias", and "Legendary Knight Hermos".
All Monsters attack the Orichalcos God, with no success.
- Yami lets "Legendary Knight Timaeus" absorb Kuriboh's Special Ability combined with the Spell Card "Multiply". Again, with no success.
The Orichalcos God counter-attacks:
- Yami lets "Legendary Knight Timaeus" absorb the power of "Big Shield Gardna".
- Despite the Shield, all of their Monsters are Destroyed except their Legendary Knights.
- In the English Dub, Joey refers to Red-Eyes Black Dragon as "Good Ol' Red-Eyes" much like he did after he had it attack himself to end his duel with Yugi (in Episode 78) in a draw.
- Apart from the 3 Dragons/Knights, Kaiba, Yami Yugi, and Joey each only summon 3 "real" monsters at a time, much like the DiaDhanks of Ancient Egypt.
- Big Shield Gardna is once again shown as a normal monster when absorbed by Timaeus (after having been shown the same way during the Duel With Dartz only in the International anime).
The following cards appeared in this episode. Cards in italics debuted here.