|Yu-Gi-Oh! - Episode 150|
Deja Duel! - Part 2
|Japanese air date||
April 8, 2003
|English air date||
October 16, 2004
|Episode listing||Yu-Gi-Oh! episode listing (season 4)|
|Previous||Deja Duel! - Part 1|
|Next||An Unexpected Enemy|
Alister Comes Into The Scene
- Alister has activated "The Seal of Orichalcos", isolating him and Seto Kaiba from any interference and determining that whoever loses the Duel will lose his "soul".
- When Seto demands an explanation, Alister holds out a charred action figure from his pocket. Kaiba mocks it as a piece of junk, but when Alister declares that it used to belong to his brother, both Seto and Mokuba are dumbstruck.
- Alister goes on to tell that he grew up in a war zone with his little brother Mikey as his only family. When the fighting grew worse, the two of them had to surface from shelter and move elsewhere.
- For a moment, their side gained an advantage, bringing out a fleet of recently-purchased KaibaCorp tanks. But when Alister helped Mikey into a tank so as to escape, he had to go back to pick up Mikey dropped locket of their mom. The tank was bombed, and Alister was faced by a fleet of enemy choppers, knowing by the flames of the tank near him that his brother was dead.
- Picking up the burnt toy that was all he had left of his brother, he looked and saw a man in a red suit shaking hands with the enemy troops. Suddenly, he was shown Dartz with his mantle on.
- Dartz: "Do you know whom that man is? He is Kaiba Gozaburo. He is the President of Kaiba Corporation."
- Alister: "Kaiba... Corporation...?"
- Dartz: "Indeed. He is the true killer of your brother. He is the man who sold weapons to both sides for field testing."
- Alister: "That can't be...!"
- Dartz: "Do you wish revenge against that man?"
- Alister nods in agreement.
- Alister vowed to have revenge against KaibaCorp, and Seto is included in this. Even the clothes and food Seto and Mokuba live by are paid for by KaibaCorp.
- Although Mokuba is rattled by these accusations, Seto is not as moved, and their Duel continues.
- The Duel begins going badly when Alister reveals a strategy that pulls Kaiba's Monsters to Alister's Field, adding to the power afforded by the Seal.
- Kaiba attempts to counter the power strategy by setting his favored Crush Card Virus, but Alister anticipates this move immediately, Activating Royal Decree to prevent the Virus from being used. Then, his attacks wipe out Kaiba's defense and many of his Life Points.
- Kaiba rallies the power of his Deck, unleashing a combo which breaks Alister's Monsters and finishes the Turn with two Blue-Eyes White Dragons on his Field. * Alister retaliates with a simple combo that pulls both of those Dragons to his side alongside his trump Card. With three opposing Monsters clearing 3000, 3500 and 3500 ATK each, Kaiba is out of his depth, and he knows it, since he doesn't have a Monster which can be summoned without Tribute nor any God Card.
The Second Dragon.
- Just as his options seem to be gone, his Deck responds with a bright glow which transports him to another world. He arrives before a crystal statue of a dragon with a sword thrust in it. Seto Kaiba removes the sword, unlocking "The Fang of Critias" from its prison and bonding to it.
- Yugi & co., heading to the Industrial Illusions HQ, see how "The Eye of Timaeus shines for a split second.
- Back in the real world, Kaiba takes his Draw Phase, drawing Critias. He instantly uses him with his dormant Crush Card, summoning Doom Virus Dragon, which wipes out all of Alister's Monsters at once.
- Just before Kaiba's new dragon delivers the finishing attack, Alister activates a Spell which ends the Duel in a Draw. A beam of green light shoots up from the depths of the "Seal", knocking Kaiba back. When he looks up again, Alister is out of sight but claims that he will have his revenge.
- Most of Alister's flashback is kept in the English dub. However, the dub does not include the moments when the tank bearing Mikey is bombed. As the battle concludes and young Alister finds himself alone, it is instead stated that Mikey was captured.
- In the English dub, Kaiba is called to set Critias free by the voice of Dark Magician Girl. He takes the sword, muttering, "Anything to shut you up." In the Japanese version, no one tells Kaiba to do anything. He frees and recognizes Critias on his own.
Featured Duel: Seto Kaiba vs. Alister
Turn 7: Alister
Alister has just activated "The Seal of Orichalcos". From now on, all of Alister's Monsters will receive a +500 ATK boost and the loser of this Duel will lose his/her "soul". Alister then Normal Summons "Gorlag" (1000 → 1500/1000) in Attack Position. Due to the Effect of "Gorlag", it gains 500 ATK for each FIRE-Attribute Monster on the Field. Since "Gorlag" is a FIRE monster, it gains 500 ATK ("Gorlag": 1500 → 2000/1000). "Gorlag" attacks and destroys Seto's "Versago the Destroyer". At the end of the Battle Phase, "Gorlag's" second effect activates, allowing Alister to Special Summon "Versago the Destroyer" from Kaiba's Graveyard to his side of the field (1100 → 1600/900) in Attack Position as a FIRE-Attribute Monster ("Gorlag": 2000 → 2500/1000). Alister Sets a Card.
Turn 8: Kaiba
Kaiba's hand contains "Crush Card Virus", "Blue-Eyes White Dragon", and "Pitch-Dark Dragon". Kaiba draws. He then Normal Summons "Pitch-Dark Dragon" (900/600) in Defense Position and Sets a Card ("Crush Card Virus"). Alister then activates "Royal Decree". Now all other Trap Cards will be negated so long as "Royal Decree" is face-up. This makes Seto unable to activate his Set "Crush Card Virus".
Turn 9: Alister
Alister draws. "Gorlag" attacks & destroys Seto's "Pitch-Dark Dragon". "Versago the Destroyer" attacks Seto directly (Seto 2000 → 400). At the end of the Battle Phase, "Gorlag's" second effect activates, allowing Alister to Special Summon "Pitch-Dark Dragon" from Kaiba's Graveyard to his side of the Field in Attack Position (900 → 1400/600) as a FIRE monster ("Gorlag": 2500 → 3000/1000).
Turn 10: Kaiba
Kaiba draws "Card of Demise" and subsequently activates it to draw until he has 5 Cards in his Hand. 5 Turns after "Card of Demise's" Activation, Seto must discard his entire Hand. Kaiba then activates "White Dragon Ritual" to Tribute "Blue-Eyes White Dragon" from his Hand and Ritual Summon "Paladin of White Dragon" (1900/1200) in Attack Position. Kaiba then activates "Monster Reborn" to Special Summon "Blue-Eyes White Dragon" (3000/2500) from his Graveyard in Attack Position.
"Paladin of White Dragon" Attacks & Destroys "Pitch-Dark Dragon" (Alister 2200 → 1700) ("Gorlag": 3000 → 2500/1000). "Blue-Eyes White Dragon" Attacks & Destroys "Gorlag" (Alister 1700 → 1200). Since "Gorlag" has been destroyed, all the Monsters that were Special Summoned via "Gorlag's" Effect are also Destroyed; "Versago the Destroyer" is Destroyed. Kaiba then activates "Paladin of White Dragon's" second Effect to Tribute itself and Special Summon another "Blue-Eyes White Dragon" (3000/2500) in Attack Position.
Turn 11: Alister
Alister draws "Pot of Greed" and subsequently activates it to draw 2 Cards. Alister then activates "Aetonyx Flame" to destroy all of Seto's Monsters that aren't FIRE Fiend-type monsters (in this case, his two "Blue-Eyes White Dragons") and Special Summon "Gorlag" (1000/1000) from his Graveyard in Attack Position, however Alister won't be allowed to conduct his Battle Phase this turn. Thanks to the effect of "Gorlag" and "The Seal of Orichalcos's" effect, "Gorlag" immediately gains 1000 ATK ("Gorlag": 1000 → 2000/1000). Alister then activates "Fire Whip" to Special Summon Seto's 2 Blue-Eyes White Dragons" from Kaiba's Graveyard to his side of the field (3000 → 3500/2500 for both) in Attack Position as FIRE-Attribute monsters ("Gorlag": 2000 → 3000/1000). Alister Sets a Card.
Turn 12: Kaiba
1 turn has passed since "Card of Demise's" activation: in 4 more turns, Seto must discard his entire hand. Seto has a vision and unlocks the "Fang of Critias". It is the card he draws during his Draw Phase. Seto then activates "Fang of Critias" to fuse it with his set "Crush Card Virus" and Special Summon "Doom Virus Dragon" (1900/2000) in Attack Position. The effect of "Doom Virus Dragon" activates upon being summoned, allowing Kaiba to destroy every monster Alister controls with 1500 ATK or more; "Gorlag" and both "Blue-Eyes White Dragons" are destroyed. "Doom Virus Dragon" attacks Alister directly, but Alister activates "Contagion of Madness" to inflict damage to Seto equal to half of "Doom Virus Dragon's" ATK at the same time that Alister takes Battle Damage (Seto 400 → 0; Alister 1200 → 0).
The Duel ends in a Draw.
Differences in adaptations
- Cut from the beginning of the episode is a shot where Kaiba asks Alister what this is, and then Alister replying this is The Seal of Orichalcos.
- Gorlag's sword and mane were changed from red to blue in the dub. Also in the dub, "Gorlag" has three horns instead of two.
- Cut from the dub are flashbacks of scenes of war in Alister's country.
- Also cut is a shot of Alister clenching his fist so hard it bleeds.
- In the English dub when Kaiba frees Critias, Dark Magician girl is guiding Kaiba from behind the scenes telling him to pull out the sword. In the Japanese anime, her voice is not heard and Kaiba instinctively pulls out the sword and learned Critias' name upon freeing him as well as his powers.
The following cards appeared in this episode. Cards in italics debuted here.