|This article may require cleanup to meet this wiki's standards.|
|Yu-Gi-Oh! - Episode 113|
Taose! Faibu Goddo Doragon
Defeat It! Five God Dragon
Merger of The Big Five, Part 3
|Japanese air date||
July 2, 2002
|English air date||
January 31, 2004
|Episode listing||Yu-Gi-Oh! episode listing (season 3)|
|Previous||Merger of the Big Five, Part 2|
|Next||Brothers in Arms, Part 1|
- In the duel, Leichter summons Five-Headed Dragon, however Yami Yugi and Joey win with the help of their Deck Masters.
- After losing, The Big Five again try to steal everyone's bodies by force. Noah interrupts and takes the five to his room. Due to their repeated failures and rule-breaking, Noah imprisons them in an isolated part of his virtual world and they are never seen again (in the Japanese version he deletes them).
- Tristan is devastated because he thinks he will never get his body back.
- Yami Yugi: "Dark Magician", "Dark Flare Knight", "Mirage Knight" and "Dark Magician Knight"
- Joey Wheeler: "Flame Swordsman"
- The Big Five: "Deepsea Warrior", "Nightmare Penguin", "Judge Man", "Robotic Knight", "Jinzo", "Five-Headed Dragon" and "Berserk Dragon"
Featured Duel: Yami Yugi + Joey Wheeler VS. The Big Five, Part 3
Turn 19: The Big Five (Leichter)
On Leichter's Standby Phase, the effect of "Altar of Mist" activates, letting Leichter add "Dragon Revival Ritual" from his Deck to his hand by sending "Altar of Mist" to the Graveyard. Leichter's hand contains "Five-Headed Dragon", "Dragon Revival Ritual", and "A Deal with Dark Ruler". Leichter then activates "Dragon Revival Ritual" to Tribute all of the Big Five's Deck Masters and Ritual Summon "Five-Headed Dragon" (5000/5000) in Attack Position and make it the Big Five's new Deck Master. Since "Five-Headed Dragon" was Ritual Summoned, its first effect activates, destroying all cards on Yami Yugi and Joey's side of the field. Leichter explains that due to the last two effects of "Five-Headed Dragon", it can't attack on the turn it's Ritual Summoned and it cannot be destroyed in battle by any monsters except LIGHT monsters. Leichter then Sets 1 card.
Turn 21: Yami Yugi
Yami Yugi draws "Magical Hats". He then moves his Deck Master, "Dark Magician" to the field in Attack Position (2500/2100). Yami Yugi then activates "Polymerization" to fuse "Dark Magician" with "Flame Swordsman" and Fusion Summon "Dark Flare Knight" (2200/800) in Attack Position and make it Yami Yugi and Joey's new Deck Master.
"Dark Flare Knight" attacks "Five-Headed Dragon". "Five-Headed Dragon" destroys "Dark Flare Knight", but due to the latter's effect, all Battle Damage that Yami Yugi would have taken is nullified. Since "Dark Flare Knight" was destroyed in battle and sent to the Graveyard, its second effect activates, allowing Yami Yugi and Joey to Special Summon "Mirage Knight" (2800/2000) in Attack Position and make it the new Deck Master for both Yami Yugi and Joey.
"Mirage Knight" attacks "Five-Headed Dragon". Due to the effect of "Mirage Knight", it gains ATK equal to that of the opposing monster ("Mirage Knight": 2800 → 7800/2000) during damage calculation only. "Mirage Knight" destroys "Five-Headed Dragon". Since a Level 8 or above monster was destroyed in battle, Leichter activates "A Deal with Dark Ruler" to pay half his Life Points (The Big Five 1200 → 600) and negate the Battle Damage he would take as well as Special Summon "Berserk Dragon" (3500/0) in Attack Position. "Berserk Dragon" then becomes Leichter's new Deck Master. After damage calculation, the ATK of "Mirage Knight" goes back to its original value ("Mirage Knight": 7800 → 2800/2000). At the end of the Battle Phase, the last effect of "Mirage Knight" activates, removing it from play and Special Summoning "Flame Swordsman" (800/1600) and "Dark Magician" (2500/2100) from Yami Yugi and Joey's Graveyard in Attack Position while the two summoned monsters become Joey and Yami Yugi's Deck Masters again.
Yami Yugi then activates "Magical Hats" to hide "Dark Magician" within one of four hats. He then activates "Dark Magician's" Deck Master Ability to pay 1000 Life Points (Yugi 2000 → 1000) and copy the effect of "Magical Hats", allowing Yami Yugi to hide Joey's "Flame Swordsman" within one of four hats.
Turn 22: The Big Five (Leichter)
Leichter draws "Spring of Rebirth". "Berserk Dragon" attacks every "Hat" on Yami Yugi's side of the field via its own effect. The three empty hats are destroyed. "Berserk Dragon" then attacks the hat that "Dark Magician" is under, but Joey orders "Flame Swordsman" to intercept the attack. Joey then activates "Silver Dollar", which prevents "Flame Swordsman" from being destroyed by this battle and prevents Joey from taking any Battle Damage from the attack. At the End Phase, "Berserk Dragon' loses 500 ATK due to its second effect ("Berserk Dragon": 3500 → 3000/0).
Turn 23: Joey Wheeler
Joey draws. He then activates "Knight's Title" to Tribute "Dark Magician", Special Summon "Dark Magician Knight" (2500/2100) in Attack Position and, make it Yami Yugi's new Deck Master. Joey then activates "Flame Swordsman's" Deck Master's ability to decrease its ATK by 700 ("Flame Swordsman": 800 → 100/1600) and increase the ATK of "Dark Magician Knight" by the same amount ("Dark Magician Knight": 2500 → 3200/2000).
Turn 24: Yami Yugi
Yami Yugi draws. "Dark Magician Knight" attacks and destroys "Berserk Dragon". Since the Big Five's Deck Master was destroyed, they automatically lose by default.
- The Big Five are defeated, but they still try to advance on the gang to try to steal their bodies. Noah stops them. For disappointing him again, Noah banishes them to the depths of the Virtual World forever, then goes off to challenge Seto Kaiba himself.
Differences in Adaptations
- When The Big Five's Deck Masters are sacrificed together, the five pointed star is given more points in the dub as usual.
- Once again, Mokuba's eyes glow red in the English version.
- In the original version, Noah explain that nothing is real in the virtual world to The Big 5 and they can't get flesh.
- In the original version, Noah deleted The Big 5, but in the English version, he simply imprisons each of the Big Five in an isolated portion of the Virtual World.
- Technically the summoning of the Five Headed Dragon shouldn't have happened. The Big 5's deck masters consist of only 4 different attributes out of 6. (Water, Fire, Dark, Earth, Light, Wind). No Wind Monster was used in the summoning
- This isn't the only time that a Fusion Monster attacked too early. It happened in episode 107 with "Perfect Machine King" and "St. Joan". Which would probably indicate that Battle City rules do not apply in this arc. Seeing as how they are not actually in the tournament at this time this makes sense.
- Note: In Episodes 99, 104, 115 & 118, the Magic Cards "Quick Attack" and "Sinister Justice" were used to allow a Fusion Summoned monster to attack in the turn it was Fusion Summoned indicating that Battle City Rules do apply in this arc. Conclusions that can be drawn from this are:
1. Fusion Monsters can only not attack when they are Fusion Summoned, not Special Summoned by an effect in the case of "St. Joan" Special Summoned by the effect of "Goddess with the Third Eye".
2. Fusion Monsters can attack on the turn they are Fusion Summoned if the Deck Master is used as a Fusion Material Monster in the cases of "Perfect Machine King" & "Dark Flare Knight".
- In the Japanese, When Dark Flare Knight is Summoned, its DEF is shown at 2200 instead of 800.
The following cards appeared in this episode. Cards in italics debuted here.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 This card was played as a Magic Card. It was depicted as a Trap Card in the English version. It is a Trap Card in the TCG/OCG.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 This was played as a Normal Monster. It is a Fusion Monster in the TCG/OCG.
- ↑ This card can be seen in The Big Five's hand.