|Yu-Gi-Oh! - Episode 112|
Nerawareta Jōnōchi Shōri e Renkei Purē
The Targeted Jonochi - Teamwork Play toward Victory
Merger of the Big Five, Part 2
|Japanese air date||
June 25, 2002
|English air date||
January 24, 2004
|Episode listing||Yu-Gi-Oh! episode listing (season 3)|
|Previous||Merger of the Big Five, Part 1|
|Next||Merger of The Big Five, Part 3|
- Yami Yugi and Joey are Dueling The Big Five, who are taking turns using Tristan's body and bringing out their respective Deck Masters. The stakes are Tristan's body against everyone else's, and no Life Points damage had been dealt yet.
- Johnson takes his turn, wrecking his enemies' lead. He then focused on Joey, dealing a massive amount of damage. He even answered Joey's next attack by disposing of Joey's Deck-Master-fueled beatstick to summon a high-level monster of his own, "Machine King".
- Yami Yugi used his next turn to summon a monster in Attack Position. However, his monster was weaker, so he ended his turn by setting a card.
- This got Johnson's attention, and even Joey could sense the fact that Yami Yugi just set a Trap Card.
- Nezbitt on the other hand, was elated, and he called out his attack to strike down Yami Yugi's now-exposed monster. Too late, Leichter tries to warn his associate, but it was from Yami Yugi that Nezbitt learned that the true trap was in his monster's effect. "Machine King" was destroyed, leaving Nezbitt with no monsters and a chunk of Life Points gone.
- Duke realized that Yami Yugi did more than lure Nezbitt into an ill-fated attack -- he also got him to forget about Joey, who had no monsters and almost no Life Points. Everyone, even Yami Yugi, commended Joey for being such a good actor as to make the lure perfect. Joey pretended it was no big deal, barely concealing the fact that he hadn't been acting.
- Joey got his game together, and he and Yami Yugi began evening the score.
- Leichter took over for the reminder of the Duel, and his next combo stopped his enemies' offense cold.
- However, Joey broke apart Leichter's combo on his next turn, and Yami Yugi dealt even more damage.
- As Leichter prepared his last turn, he knew he'll gain access to a Ritual Spell this turn. After he drew, he laughed, announcing that he had drawn the ultimate monster of The Big Five. The episode ended with him towering over his opponents, the silhouette of the "Five-Headed Dragon" appearing behind him.
- Yami Yugi: "Dark Magician"
- Joey Wheeler: "Flame Swordsman"
- The Big Five: "Judge Man", "Robotic Knight" and "Jinzo"
Featured Duel: Yami Yugi + Joey Wheeler vs. The Big Five, Part 2
Turn 10: The Big Five (Johnson)
- As The Big Five switched their Deck Master, the ATK of "Catapult Turtle" decreases ("Catapult Turtle": 1200 → 1000/2000).
- Johnson draws.
- Activates the Deck Master ability of "Judge Man", paying 1000 Life Points (The Big Five 8000 → 7000) to destroy all monsters that Yami Yugi and Joey control as well as inflict 500 damage to them for each of their destroyed monsters. As both Yami Yugi and Joey had two of their monsters destroyed, they both take 1000 damage (Yami Yugi 4000 → 3000; Joey 4000 → 3000).
- Normal Summons "Hysteric Angel" (1800/600) in Attack Position.
- "Hysteric Angel" attacks Joey directly (Joey 3000 → 1200).
- Activates the effect of "Catapult Turtle", Tributing "Hysteric Angel" to inflict damage to Joey equal to half of the ATK of "Hysteric Angel" (Joey 1200 → 300).
- Sets a card.
- Activates "Altar of Mists". This card can't be destroyed by card effects. Also on Johnson's 3rd Standby Phase after the activation of "Altar of Mists", he can add a Ritual Magic Card or Ritual Monster from his Deck to his hand.
Turn 11: Joey
- Joey draws "Rocket Warrior" and subsequently Normal Summons it (1500/1300) in Attack Position.
- Activates the Deck Master ability of "Flame Swordsman", decreasing its ATK by 1000 to increase the ATK of "Rocket Warrior" by the same amount amount ("Flame Swordsman": 1800 → 800/1600) ("Rocket Warrior": 1500 → 2500/1300).
- "Rocket Warrior" attacks and destroys "Catapult Turtle".
- Johnson activates "Revenge Sacrifice", Tributing "Rocket Warrior" and Special Summoning "Machine King" (2200/2000) in Attack Position.
- Due to the effect of "Machine King", it gains 100 ATK for each Machine-Type monster on the field; including itself. Due to this, "Machine King" gains 100 ATK ("Machine King": 2200 → 2300/2000)
Turn 12: Yami
- Yami Yugi's hand contains "Black Luster Ritual", "Mirror Force", "Polymerization", and "Des Volstgalph".
- Yami Yugi draws "The Rock Spirit".
- Removes from play "Buster Blader" from his Graveyard to Special Summon "The Rock Spirit" (1700/1000) in Attack Position.
- Tributes "The Rock Spirit" to Tribute Summon "Des Volstgalph" (2200/1700) in Attack Position.
- Sets a card.
Turn 13: The Big Five (Nezbitt)
- At this point, Nezbitt takes over for Johnson.
- Activates "Heavy Storm", destroying all Magic and Trap Cards on the field which includes Yami Yugi's face-down card, "Mirror Force" ("Altar of Mists" is not destroyed by "Heavy Storm" as it can't be destroyed by card effects).
- Since Nezbitt activated a Magic Card, the effect of "Des Volstgalph" activates, increasing its ATK by 200 until the end of the turn ("Des Volstgalph": 2200 → 2400/1700), however Nezbitt doesn't notice this yet.
- "Machine King" attacks "Des Volstgalph", but Yami Yugi reveals at this point that "Des Volstgalph" gained 200 more ATK when Nezbitt activated "Heavy Storm". "Des Volstgalph" destroys "Machine King" (The Big Five 7000 → 6900)
- Since "Des Volstgalph" destroyed a monster in battle and sent it to the Graveyard, its effect activates; inflicting 500 damage to The Big Five (The Big Five 6900 → 6400)
- During the End Phase, the ATK of "Des Volstgalph" goes back to normal ("Des Volstgalph": 2400 → 2200/1700).
Turn 14: Joey
- Joey draws "Panther Warrior" and subsequently Normal Summons it (2000/1600) in Defense Position.
- Sets a card("Drop Off").
Turn 15: Yami
- Yami Yugi draws.
- "Des Volstgalph" attacks The Big Five directly (The Big Five 6400 → 4200)
- Normal Summons "Big Shield Gardna" (100/2600) in Defense Position.
Turn 16: The Big Five (Leichter)
- At this point, Leichter takes over for Nezbitt.
- Leichter draws "Pot of Greed", but Joey activates "Drop Off" to make Leichter discard the card he just drew, but the Deck Master ability of Leichter's Deck Master "Jinzo" immediately responds to this, negating Joey's Trap Card and destroying it.
- Activates "Pot of Greed", drawing 2 cards ("Gravity Bind" and "Sebek's Blessing").
- Since Leichter activated a Magic Card, the effect of "Des Volstgalph" activates ("Des Volstgalph": 2200 → 2400/1700).
- Normal Summons "Injection Fairy Lily" (400/1500) in Attack Position.
- "Injection Fairy Lily" attacks "Des Volstgalph"
- Activates the effect of "Injection Fairy Lily", paying 2000 Life Points (The Big Five 4200 → 2200) to increase its ATK by 3000 during damage calculation only ("Injection Fairy Lily": 400 → 3400/1500)
- "Injection Fairy Lily" destroys "Des Volstgalph" (Yami Yugi 3000 → 2000).
- After damage calculation, the effect of "Injection Fairy Lily" expires ("Injection Fairy Lily": 3400 → 400/1500).
- Activates "Sebek's Blessing", increasing his Life Points by the Battle Damage that Yami Yugi took from this battle (The Big Five 2200 → 3200)
- Sets a card.
Turn 17: Joey
- Joey's hand contains "Block Attack", "Knight's Title", and "Gamble".
- Joey draws "Jinzo".
- Leichter activates "Gravity Bind". Now Level 4 or higher monsters can't attack.
- Tributes "Panther Warrior" to Tribute Summon his own copy of "Jinzo" (2400/1500) in Attack Position. Due to the effect of Joey's "Jinzo", "Gravity Bind" is destroyed.
- Activates "Block Attack", switching "Injection Fairy Lily" to Defense Position.
- Joey's "Jinzo" attacks and destroys "Injection Fairy Lily".
Turn 18: Yami
- Yami Yugi draws "Dark Magician Girl".
- Tributes "Big Shield Gardna" to Tribute Summon "Dark Magician Girl" (2000/1700) in Attack Position.
- "Dark Magician Girl" attacks Leichter directly (The Big Five 3200 → 1200)
Turn 19: The Big Five (Leichter)
- Leichter draws "Five-Headed Dragon".
Differences in Adaptions
- A shot of the eyeglasses of "Hysteric Angel" beamed is removed from English version as well as her sacrifice for the effect of "Catapult Turtle" that attacked on Yami Yugi.
- When Kaiba switched the projector on, the countdown of the film is removed.
- Again, the giant hypodermic needle that "Injection Fairy Lily" uses is changed into a rocket in the Dub, and so is a shot of her needle filling up. Also the background behind "Injection Fairy Lily" when she was summoned is altered to remove the needles with angel wings being shown.
- "Injection Fairy Lily's" weapon stabbing "Des Volstgalph" is obscured from the dub.
- When "Dark Magician Girl" attacked Leichter directly, it went past him rather than through him.
- The scene where Leichter calls Joey a foolish kid and Joey being angered by the response is removed from dub.
- The woman coming out with a picture of Noah in the movie projection had a veil on. This is removed from the dub.
- In the Dub, "Hysteric Fairy" was named as "Hysteric Angel", which was the Japanese Name of that card.
- Additionally to the above mistake, "Hysteric Fairy" still has her angel halo, which, normally, was to be edited out.
- When Yami Yugi tributed "Big Shield Gardna" to Summon "Dark Magician Girl", the former monster remained on the field and not Tributed.
- When "Machine King" is attacking, it's displayed as Life Points instead of Attack Points.
The following cards appeared in this episode. Cards in italics debuted here.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 This card can be seen in Yugi's hand.
- ↑ This was played as a Normal Monster. It is a Fusion Monster in the TCG/OCG.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 This card can be seen in Joey's hand.