|Yu-Gi-Oh! - Episode 112|
Nerawareta Jōnōchi Shōri e Renkei Purē
The Targeted Jonochi - Teamwork Play toward Victory
Merger of the Big Five, Part 2
|Japanese air date||
June 25, 2002
|English air date||
January 24, 2004
|Episode listing||Yu-Gi-Oh! episode listing (season 3)|
|Previous||Merger of the Big Five, Part 1|
|Next||Merger of The Big Five, Part 3|
- Yami Yugi and Joey continue to duel The Big Five, who are taking turns using Tristan's body and bringing out their respective Deck Masters.
- Yami Yugi lures Nezbitt into a trap to save Joey from losing all his life points. Joey also fell for the trick, but everyone thought he was acting.
- In the virtual Kaiba Land, Kaiba finds an old projector containing videos of Noah as a young child and a video of what appears to be Noah's funeral. Kaiba wonders if Noah was in an accident shortly before he was adopted.
- Yami Yugi: "Dark Magician"
- Joey Wheeler: "Flame Swordsman"
- The Big Five: "Judge Man", "Robotic Knight" and "Jinzo"
Featured Duel: Yami Yugi + Joey Wheeler vs. The Big Five, Part 2
Turn 10: The Big Five (Johnson)
Johnson has just taken over for Crump. As The Big Five switched their Deck Master, the ATK of "Catapult Turtle" decreases ("Catapult Turtle": 1200 → 1000/2000). Johnson draws. He then activates the Deck Master ability of "Judge Man" to pay 1000 Life Points (The Big Five 8000 → 7000), destroy all monsters that Yami Yugi and Joey control, and inflict 500 damage to them for each of their destroyed monsters. As both Yami Yugi and Joey had two of their monsters destroyed, they both take 1000 damage (Yami Yugi 4000 → 3000; Joey 4000 → 3000).
Johnson then Normal Summons "Hysteric Angel" (1800/600) in Attack Position. "Hysteric Angel" attacks Joey directly (Joey 3000 → 1200). Johnson then activates the effect of "Catapult Turtle" to Tribute "Hysteric Angel" and inflict damage to Joey equal to half of the ATK of "Hysteric Angel" (Joey 1200 → 300). Johnson then Sets a card and activates "Altar of Mist". This card can't be destroyed by card effects. Also on Johnson's 3rd Standby Phase after the activation of "Altar of Mist", he can add a Ritual Magic Card or Ritual Monster from his Deck to his hand.
Turn 11: Joey
Joey draws "Rocket Warrior" and subsequently Normal Summons it (1500/1300) in Attack Position. He then activates the Deck Master ability of "Flame Swordsman" to decrease the latter's ATK by 1000 and increase the ATK of "Rocket Warrior" by the same amount amount ("Flame Swordsman": 1800 → 800/1600) ("Rocket Warrior": 1500 → 2500/1300). "Rocket Warrior" then attacks and destroys "Catapult Turtle". Johnson then activates "Revenge Sacrifice" to Tribute "Rocket Warrior" and Special Summoning "Machine King" (2200/2000) in Attack Position. Due to the effect of "Machine King", it gains 100 ATK for each Machine-Type monster on the field; including itself. Due to this, "Machine King" gains 100 ATK ("Machine King": 2200 → 2300/2000)
Turn 12: Yami
Yami Yugi's hand contains "Black Luster Ritual", "Mirror Force", "Polymerization", and "Des Volstgalph". Yami Yugi draws "The Rock Spirit". He then removes from play "Buster Blader" from his Graveyard in order to Special Summon "The Rock Spirit" (1700/1000) in Attack Position. Yami Yugi then Tributes "The Rock Spirit" to Tribute Summon "Des Volstgalph" (2200/1700) in Attack Position. Yami Yugi then sets a card.
Turn 13: The Big Five (Nezbitt)
At this point, Nezbitt takes over for Johnson. Nezbitt draws. He then activates "Heavy Storm" to destroy all Magic and Trap Cards on the field which includes Yami Yugi's face-down card, "Mirror Force" ("Altar of Mist" is not destroyed by "Heavy Storm" as it can't be destroyed by card effects). Since Nezbitt activated a Magic Card, the effect of "Des Volstgalph" activates, increasing its ATK by 200 until the end of the turn ("Des Volstgalph": 2200 → 2400/1700), however Nezbitt doesn't notice this yet.
"Machine King" attacks "Des Volstgalph", but Yami Yugi reveals at this point that "Des Volstgalph" gained 200 more ATK when Nezbitt activated "Heavy Storm". "Des Volstgalph" destroys "Machine King" (The Big Five 7000 → 6900). Since "Des Volstgalph" destroyed a monster in battle and sent it to the Graveyard, its effect activates; inflicting 500 damage to The Big Five (The Big Five 6900 → 6400). During the End Phase, the ATK of "Des Volstgalph" goes back its original value ("Des Volstgalph": 2400 → 2200/1700).
Turn 14: Joey
Joey draws "Panther Warrior" and subsequently Normal Summons it (2000/1600) in Defense Position. He then sets a card ("Drop Off").
Turn 15: Yami
Yami Yugi draws. "Des Volstgalph" attacks The Big Five directly (The Big Five 6400 → 4200) Yami Yugi then Normal Summons "Big Shield Gardna" (100/2600) in Defense Position.
Turn 16: The Big Five (Leichter)
At this point, Leichter takes over for Nezbitt. Leichter draws "Pot of Greed", but Joey activates "Drop Off" to make Leichter discard the card he just drew, but the Deck Master ability of Leichter's Deck Master "Jinzo" immediately negates Joey's Trap Card and destroys it. Leichter then activates "Pot of Greed" to draw 2 cards ("Gravity Bind" and "Sebek's Blessing"). Since Leichter activated a Magic Card, the effect of "Des Volstgalph" activates ("Des Volstgalph": 2200 → 2400/1700).
Leichter then Normal Summons "Injection Fairy Lily" (400/1500) in Attack Position. "Injection Fairy Lily" attacks "Des Volstgalph". Leichter then activates the effect of "Injection Fairy Lily" to pay 2000 Life Points (The Big Five 4200 → 2200) and increase the ATK of "Injection Fairy Lily" by 3000 during damage calculation only ("Injection Fairy Lily": 400 → 3400/1500). "Injection Fairy Lily" destroys "Des Volstgalph" (Yami Yugi 3000 → 2000). After damage calculation, the effect of "Injection Fairy Lily" expires ("Injection Fairy Lily": 3400 → 400/1500). Leichter then activates "Sebek's Blessing" to increase his Life Points by the Battle Damage that Yami Yugi took from this battle (The Big Five 2200 → 3200). Leichter then sets a card.
Turn 17: Joey
Joey's hand contains "Block Attack", "Knight's Title", and "Gamble". Joey draws "Jinzo". Leichter then activates "Gravity Bind". Now Level 4 or higher monsters can't attack. Joey then Tributes "Panther Warrior" to Tribute Summon his own copy of "Jinzo" (2400/1500) in Attack Position. Due to the effect of Joey's "Jinzo", "Gravity Bind" is destroyed. Joey then activates "Block Attack" to switch "Injection Fairy Lily" to Defense Position. Joey's "Jinzo" then attacks and destroys "Injection Fairy Lily".
Turn 18: Yami
Yami Yugi draws "Dark Magician Girl". He then Tributes "Big Shield Gardna" to Tribute Summon "Dark Magician Girl" (2000/1700) in Attack Position. "Dark Magician Girl" attacks Leichter directly (The Big Five 3200 → 1200).
Turn 19: The Big Five (Leichter)
Leichter draws "Five-Headed Dragon".
Differences in Adaptions
- A shot of the eyeglasses of "Hysteric Angel" beamed is removed from English version as well as her sacrifice for the effect of "Catapult Turtle" that attacked on Yami Yugi.
- When Kaiba switched the projector on, the countdown of the film is removed.
- Again, the giant hypodermic needle that "Injection Fairy Lily" uses is changed into a rocket in the Dub, and so is a shot of her needle filling up. Also the background behind "Injection Fairy Lily" when she was summoned is altered to remove the needles with angel wings being shown.
- "Injection Fairy Lily's" weapon stabbing "Des Volstgalph" is obscured from the dub.
- When "Dark Magician Girl" attacked Leichter directly, it went past him rather than through him.
- The scene where Leichter calls Joey a foolish kid and Joey being angered by the response is removed from dub.
- The woman coming out with a picture of Noah in the movie projection had a veil on. This is removed from the dub.
- In the Dub, "Hysteric Fairy" was named as "Hysteric Angel", which was the Japanese Name of that card.
- Additionally to the above mistake, "Hysteric Fairy" still has her angel halo, which, normally, was to be edited out.
- When Yami Yugi tributed "Big Shield Gardna" to Summon "Dark Magician Girl", the former monster remained on the field and not Tributed.
- When "Machine King" is attacking, it's displayed as Life Points instead of Attack Points.
The following cards appeared in this episode. Cards in italics debuted here.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 This card can be seen in Yugi's hand.
- ↑ This was played as a Normal Monster. It is a Fusion Monster in the TCG/OCG.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 This card can be seen in Joey's hand.