|Yu-Gi-Oh! - Episode 108|
Sarawareta Mokuba Kaiba Vāsasu Saiko Shokkā
Kidnapped Mokuba - Kaiba vs. Psycho Shocker
Settling the Score, Part 1
|Japanese air date||
May 28, 2002
|English air date||
December 13, 2003
|Episode listing||Yu-Gi-Oh! episode listing (season 3)|
|Previous||Mechanical Mayhem, Part 2|
|Next||Settling the Score, Part 2|
- Last of the individual Big Five Duels.
- Nezbitt appears before Kaiba and Mokuba, using Tristan's body. He attacks Kaiba, but when Kaiba fights back and is joined by Yugi and the others, Nezbitt takes a different revenge by kidnapping and knocking out Mokuba.
- Tristan rejoins the others, but his mind is in a one-foot-tall robotic monkey that is unable to speak, so they do not recognize him.
- Kaiba chases after Nezbitt, but he is stopped by Leichter, and the two of them begin a Duel.
- Like his associates, Leichter is in the form of his Deck Master, but he has disguised it with clothes, a hat, and sunglasses. Kaiba does not attempt to learn his identity, and only when Leichter uses his ability for the first time is it revealed.
- Noah stops Nezbitt, claiming that Mokuba's kidnap goes against Noah's rules. He makes Nezbitt turn over Mokuba to him.
- Mokuba wakes up in an area elsewhere, where he and Noah observe Kaiba's Duel via Noah's surveillance.
Featured Duel: Seto Kaiba vs. Leichter, Part 1Edit
Turn 2: Kaiba
Kaiba Normal Summons "Spear Dragon" in Attack Position (1900/0). "Spear Dragon" attacks and destroys Leichter's face-down monster: "Hiro's Shadow Scout" (650/500). "Spear Dragon" inflicts Battle Damage to its opponent's Life Points when attacking a Defense Position monster with DEF lower than its ATK (Leichter: 4000 → 2600). Since "Hiro's Shadow Scout" was flipped, its Flip Effect forces Kaiba to draw 3 cards and discard every Magic Card he drew. He draws "Cave Dragon", "Double Snare" and "Magic Reflector." The latter two are spell cards, so they are sent to the Graveyard. "Spear Dragon" switches itself to Defense Position after its attack. Kaiba Sets a card. Leichter activates "Solemn Wishes", allowing him to gain 500 Life Points every time he draws a card as long as the trap is face-up.
Turn 3: Leichter
Leichter draws 1 card and activates "Solemn Wishes'" effect (Leichter: 2600 → 3100). He Sets a monster. Then, he Sets a card.
Turn 4: Kaiba
Kaiba Normal Summons "Giant Germ" in Attack Position (1000/100). Then, he switches "Spear Dragon" to Attack Position. "Spear Dragon" attacks Leichter's face-down monster. Leichter activates "Mask of Perplexity", redirecting the attack to "Giant Germ". Kaiba attempts to activate his "Crush Card Virus" but Leichter's Deck Master ability activates: "Jinzo" negates all of Kaiba's Trap Cards while Leichter's Trap Cards remain unaffected. (Kaiba: 4000 → 3100). "Giant Germ" is destroyed, activating its effect: "Giant Germ" inflicts 500 points of damage to Leichter's Life Points (Leichter: 3100 → 2600) and allows Kaiba to Special Summon another "Giant Germ" in Attack Position. "Spear Dragon" switches itself to Defense Position after an attack.
Turn 5: Leichter
Leichter draws 1 card and activates "Solemn Wishes'" effect (Leichter: 2600 → 3100). He Sets two cards.
Turn 6: Kaiba
Kaiba switches "Spear Dragon" to Attack Position. "Spear Dragon" attacks and destroys Leichter's face-down monster: "Cyber Jar" (900/900) (Leichter: 3100 → 1700). Since "Cyber Jar" was flipped, its Flip Effect destroys every monster on the field and allows both players to pick up 5 cards from their deck, Special Summoning any Level 4 or less monsters among those cards, and put the other picked-up cards in their hands. Kaiba Special Summons "Vorse Raider" in Attack Position (1900/1200) and "Twin-Headed Behemoth" in Defense Position (1500/1200). Leichter Special Summons "Injection Fairy Lily" in Attack Position (400/1500).
Turn 7: Leichter
Leichter draws 1 card and activates "Solemn Wishes'" effect (Leichter: 1700 → 2200). He activates "Watch Tranquilizer", targeting "Vorse Raider". Since it is a Level 4 monster, it loses 400 ATK points ("Vorse Raider": 1900 → 1500). Leichter activates "Injection Fairy Lily's" effect, paying 2000 Life Points (Leichter: 2200 → 200) to increase his monster's ATK by 3000 ("Injection Fairy Lily": 400 → 3400). "Injection Fairy Lily" attacks and destroy "Vorse Raider" (Kaiba: 3100 → 1200). Leichter activates his set "Sebek's Blessing", increasing his Life Points by the same amount Kaiba just lost (Leichter: 200 → 2100). Leichter Sets a monster.
Turn 8: Kaiba
Kaiba Sets a monster. Leichter activates "Life Absorbing Machine". As long as this card is face-up, Leichter's Life Points will increase by half the amount he paid in the last turn (Leichter: 2100 → 3100).
Differences in adaptationsEdit
- In the Japanese original, when Kaiba is instructed to select his Deck, Kogoro Daimon (Leichter) reveals his knowledge of the God Cards, that he won't find them in their system and that they are forbidden cards.
- Randomly, the "Mask of Perplexity" is made all glowy in the US version.
- The giant hypodermic needle "Injection Angel Lily" is changed into a rocket in the US version.
- The dart from "Watch Tranquilizer" hitting "Vorse Raider's" neck is obscured in the US version.
- A closeup of Kaiba and a shot of "Injection Angel Lily" are cut from the US version, while Kaiba is thinking out his strategy.
- The writing on the IOU is obscured in the US version, even though it's not readable in the Japanese.
- Cut from the US version are shots of Not-Tristan with unconscious Mokuba on the motorcycle.
- When Nezbitt in Tristan's body captures Mokuba, in the Japanese version he knocks Mokuba out to grab him.
- The Battle Damage Kaiba's "Spear Dragon" inflicts to Leichter's "Cyber Jar" is 1400, which is 400 more than it should be, making the math incorrect as their point difference is 1000.
- When Leichter activated "Sebek's Blessing", he said that the damage Seto took is added to his Life Points however "Sebek's Blessing" only works when A monster attacks directly.
- Leichter is the second member of the Big Five to assume the form of a monster used by a Main Character. In this case, "Jinzo" is used by Joey. Ironically, the first case was Johnson who Dueled Joey as "Judge Man", which Kaiba uses.
The following cards appeared in this episode. Cards in italics debuted here.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 This card can be seen in Kaiba's hand.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 This card can be seen when Leichter activate "Life Absorbing Machine".
- ↑ This card was played as a Magic Card. It was depicted as a Trap Card in the English version. It is a Trap Card in the TCG/OCG.
- ↑ This was played as a Normal Monster. It is an Fusion Monster in the TCG/OCG.
- ↑ This was played as a Normal Monster. It is an Effect Monster in the TCG/OCG.