|Yu-Gi-Oh! - Episode 101|
Hangeki no Reinbō Āchi
Counteroffensive Rainbow Arch
Isolated In Cyber Space, Part 3
|Japanese air date||
April 2, 2002
|English air date||
November 15, 2003
|Episode listing||Yu-Gi-Oh! episode listing (season 3)|
|Previous||Isolated in Cyber Space, Part 2|
|Next||Freeze Play, Part 1|
- With only 500 Life Points left, it is not safe for Yami Yugi to attack, due to Gansley's Deck Master ability, which will redirect the ATK as damage to him.
- Gansley draws "Rainbow Snake Eingana" (a card that will wipe out Yami Yugi's Life Points), but he chooses to summon "Melchid the Four-Face Beast" instead, glad to stretch the Duel a little longer.
- Yami Yugi draws "Rainbow Blessing" and "Kuriboh's" squeaks and coos suggest an alternate strategy for them to use.
- Gansley goes to finish the game off, but "Kuriboh" activates its own Deck Master Ability without Yami Yugi having called for it. In doing so, "Kuriboh" is summoned to the field, putting it at risk of destruction on the next turn. (If a player's Deck Master is destroyed, the player automatically loses)
- With no other monsters left, Yami Yugi draws "Swift Gaia the Fierce Knight" and he uses it with his faithful Deck Master to bypass his opponent's ability and deal the final attack.
- Yami Yugi wins.
Featured Duel: Yami Yugi VS. Gansley, Part 3Edit
Turn 7: Gansley
- Gansley draws "Rainbow Snake Eingana".
- Aside from "Rainbow Snake Eingana", Gansley's hand contains "Melchid the Four-Face Beast", "Ashinigray", and "Ruklamba the Spirit King".
- Normal Summons "Melchid the Four-Face Beast" (1500/1200) in Attack Position.
- "Melchid the Four-Face Beast" attacks and destroys "Obnoxious Celtic Guardian" (Yami 500 → 400).
Turn 8: Yami Yugi
- Yami draws "Rainbow Blessing" and subsequently sets it.
Turn 9: Gansley
- Gansley draws "Offerings to the Doomed" and subsequently activates it, destroying "Chimera the Flying Mythical Beast", but Gansley must skip his next Draw Phase.
- Tributes "Melchid the Four-Face Beast" and "Wall of Illusion" to summon "Rainbow Snake Eingana" (2200/2400) in Attack Position.
- "Rainbow Snake Eingana" attacks and destroys "Berfomet".
- "Ruklamba the Spirit King" attacks Yami Yugi directly, but Yugi activates his Deck Master's Ability, Special Summoning "Kuriboh" (300/200) in Attack Position to negate the attack.
Turn 10: Yami Yugi
- Yami Yugi draws "Swift Gaia the Fierce Knight".
- Activates his set "Rainbow Blessing", equipping it to "Kuriboh".
- Since Yami has no other cards in his hand, he Normal Summons "Swift Gaia the Fierce Knight" (2300/2100) in Attack Position with no Tributes via its own effect.
- Activates the effect of "Rainbow Blessing", Tributing "Kuriboh" to allow all of his monsters to attack Gansley directly this turn, thus making him unable to activate his Deck Master Ability, which only works when a monster is attacked.
- "Swift Gaia the Fierce Knight" attacks Gansley directly (Gansley 1800 → 0).
Differences In AdaptationsEdit
- In the dub, "Offerings to the Doomed" is changed to remove the cross and religious imagery.
- Cut from the dub is a sequence showing "Eingana" swallowing "Berfomet".
- The cut on Téa's face is shown in the dub.
The following cards appeared in this episode. Cards in italics debuted here.
- ↑ This card can be seen in Gansley's hand.
- ↑ A second copy of this card can be seen in Gansley's hand.