|Yu-Gi-Oh! - Episode 100|
Kyōfu no Saisei Konbo
Dreadful Regeneration Combo
Isolated in Cyber Space, Part 2
|Japanese air date||
March 26, 2002
|English air date||
November 8, 2003
|Episode listing||Yu-Gi-Oh! episode listing (season 3)|
|Previous||Isolated in Cyber Space, Part 1|
|Next||Isolated In Cyber Space, Part 3|
"Isolated in Cyber Space, Part 2", known as "Dreadful Regeneration Combo" in the Japanese version, is the one-hundredth episode of the Yu-Gi-Oh! anime. It first aired in Japan on March 26, 2002 and in the United States on November 8, 2003.
- Yami Yugi continues his Duel with Gansley. Gansley appears to have a strong advantage.
- Noah shows Kaiba and Mokuba a projection of their lives at the orphanage. He does this in an attempt to emotionally weaken them.
- They watch the day that Kaiba challenged Gozaburo to chess and won. Gozaburo had agreed to adopt the brothers if he lost. Present day Mokuba complains about Kaiba's change in attitude after that day and nearly falls into a bottomless pit after opening another virtual door.
- Tristan and Duke escape the hallway by destroying the walls with axes. Outside they find Serenity being chased by a Mad Sword Beast and the pair rescue her.
Featured Duel: Yami Yugi vs. Gansley
Duel continues from the previous episode.
Turn 4: Yugi
"Obnoxious Celtic Guardian" attacks directly (Gansley 4000 → 2600). Because Gansley received at least 1000 or more Battle Damage, he Special Summons "Ruklamba the Spirit King" (1000/2000) from his hand in Attack Position via its own effect.
Turn 5: Gansley
Gansley draws "Yowie" and subsequently Normal Summons it (500/500) in Attack Position. Since "Yowie" was Normal Summoned, its effect activates, forcing Yugi to skip his next Draw Phase. Gansley then activates "Premature Burial" to pay 800 Life Points (Gansley 2600 → 1800) and Special Summon "Ipiria" (500/500) from his Graveyard in Attack Position and equip it with "Premature Burial".
Turn 6: Yugi
Due to the effect of "Yowie", Yugi skips his Draw Phase. "Obnoxious Celtic Guardian" attacks "Ipiria", but Gansley activates his Deck Master ability, Tributing "Ipiria" and "Yowie" to negate the attack and inflict damage to Yugi equal to "Obnoxious Celtic Guardian's" ATK (Yugi 1900 → 500). Gansley then activates the effect of "Ruklamba", Tributing it to Special Summon two monsters from his hand whose combined ATK are 2000 or less. He Special Summons "Wall of Illusion" (1000/1850) and another "Ruklamba" (1000/2000) in Attack Position. Gansley's hand contains "Ashingray", "Melchid the Four-Face Beast", and a third copy of "Ruklamba".
Differences in adaptations
- "Premature Burial" was given a redesign in the dub to smudge out the cross and the face of the buried person.
- In the Japanese version, the scene shifts to the sky as Yami continues to scream when the attack of "Obnoxious Celtic Guardian" is reflected.
- Cut from the dub are images of other happy children in the playground with their parents when Kaiba and Mokuba see their past, and they have cut another image of the empty playground being replaced by Mokuba sitting alone on a swing.
- When Seto challenged Gozaburo to a game to chess to be adopted, in the dub, Seto blackmailed Gozaburo that he would tell the news reporters Gozaburo was scared of a kid. In the original, Gozaburo saw Seto had a strong look in his eyes and accepted the challenge out of respect.
The following cards appeared in this episode. Cards in italics debuted here.