|Yu-Gi-Oh! - Episode 099|
Dekki Masutā Shinkai no Senshi
Deck Master - Deep-Sea Warrior
Isolated in Cyber Space, Part 1
|Japanese air date||
March 19, 2002
|English air date||
November 8, 2003
|Episode listing||Yu-Gi-Oh! episode listing (season 3)|
|Previous||A Virtual Nightmare|
|Next||Isolated in Cyber Space, Part 2|
- Everyone is dropped through tunnels and wakes up in a virtual world. Kaiba is with Mokuba, and Tristan is with Duke, but everyone else is isolated.
- Gansley appears before Yugi, challenging him.
- Because Gansley has no body of his own, he has taken the form of a monster, which will serve as his Deck Master.
- Yugi must construct his Deck from scratch by choosing from a supply of virtual cards, and Egyptian God Cards are not in the available database. (This is true for all Duels in this arc.) He also must choose each card wisely because once he chooses a card it remains in his Deck until the end of the Duel.
- Going through his cards in the search for a Deck Master, Yami Yugi is about to choose Dark Magician, but "Kuriboh" emerges from its card on its own.
- Yami Yugi protests that he didn't choose "Kuriboh", but Gansley declares that it is set and cannot be changed. Yami Yugi accepts it.
- Gansley boasts his knowledge of successful business practices (philosophy and warfare in the Japanese version) as he gathers extra monsters and depletes Yami Yugi's reserves.
- This proves to be more than mere talk when he meets a headstrong attack with his Deck Master ability, saving him and damaging Yami Yugi severely.
Featured Duel: Yami Yugi vs. Gansley, Part 1
Turn 2: Yami Yugi
Yami draws "Obnoxious Celtic Guardian" and subsequently Normal Summons it (1400/1200) in Attack Position. He then Sets 1 card. Obnoxious Celtic Guardian then attacks and destroys Gansley's Set monster. It's revealed to be "Ashinigray" (500/500). The Flip Effect of "Ashinigray" then activates, forcing Yami Yugi to discard 1 card from his hand ("Exchange"). After that is done, the second effect of "Ashinigray" activates, allowing Gansley to Special Summon another "Ashinigray in face-down Defense Position. Yami's hand contains "Gazelle the King of Mythical Beasts", "Berfomet", and "De-Spell".
Turn 3: Gansley
Gansley draws "Ipiria" and subsequently Normal Summons it (500/500) in Attack Position. The effect of "Ipiria" then activates, allowing Gansley to draw 1 card. Gansley then Flip Summons "Ashinigray" (500/500). This activates the Flip Effect of "Ashinigray", forcing Yami Yugi to discard another card from his hand ("De-Spell").
Turn 4: Yami Yugi
Yami Yugi draws "Polymerization" and subsequently activates it, fusing "Berfomet" and "Gazelle the King of Mythical Beasts" to Fusion Summon "Chimera the Flying Mythical Beast" (2100/1800) in Attack Position. He then activates his set Magic Card "Quick Attack" to allow "Chimera" to attack this turn. "Chimera the Flying Mythical Beast" attacks "Ipiria", but Gansley activates "Deepsea Warrior's" Deck Master Ability, Tributing "Ashinigray" and "Ipiria" to negate the attack and inflict damage to Yami Yugi equal to the ATK of "Chimera the Flying Mythical Beast" (Yami 4000 → 1900).
Differences In Adaptations
- Gansley doesn't introduce himself in the Japanese and the image of the Big 5's face overlying the "Deepsea Warrior's" doesn't occur.
- The rock leaves a small cut on Anzu's face in the Japanese, which is digitized out in the dub when it hits her.
- In the Japanese episodes through the 3 parts of this duel, Yugi can understand what "Kuriboh" is saying, whilst in the dub he can not.
The following cards appeared in this episode. Cards in italics debuted here.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 This card can be seen when he was picking his Deck Master.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 He picks this card when he was building his Deck.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 This card was discarded to the Graveyard due to the effect of "Ashinigray".
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 This card was played as a Magic Card. It was depicted as a Trap Card in the English version. It is a Trap Card in the TCG/OCG.