|Yu-Gi-Oh! - Episode 094|
Mirai wo Kaeru Ichigeki
One Strike That Changes the Future
A Duel with Destiny, Part 2
|Japanese air date||
February 12, 2002
|English air date||
October 18, 2003
|Episode listing||Yu-Gi-Oh! episode listing (season 2)|
|Previous||A Duel with Destiny, Part 1|
|Next||The Tomb-Keeper's Secret|
Although Kaiba fights well against Ishizu, she still is unfazed by him thanks to her Millennium Item. When Ishizu has him cornered and nearly out decked, it seems that her vision will come true and that Kaiba will be defeated. Suddenly Kaiba receives a vision of his own from the Millennium Rod that might save him from Ishizu.
- Last Duel of the Battle City Quarter-finals.
- Ishizu uses her Millennium Necklace to predict Seto's moves.
- Seto tries to use "Obelisk the Tormentor", but the Millennium Rod activates, telling him the only way to defeat Ishizu is by using the "Blue-Eyes White Dragon".
- The Millennium Necklace is beaten by the Millennium Rod.
- In this Duel's final turn, the timing of activation for Kaiba's "Soul Exchange" is unclear to determine: is it at the end of Ishizu's turn or during his own turn? It is however very likely that "Soul Exchange" is played as a Quick-Play Spell Card at the end of Ishizu's turn, otherwise Ishizu would have been free to attack Kaiba directly with her 3 monsters and win the duel. In this case however, the anime bends the rules a little because "Soul Exchange" is supposed to be a Normal Spell Card.
- Even after Kaiba used "Soul Exchange" to summon "Obelisk the Tormentor", it's seen again when Kaiba is considering using the "Blue-Eyes White Dragon" instead.
- Similarly, due to the particular way in which "Sacrifice Blast" (a.k.a. "Blast Held by a Tribute") works in the anime, it is shown to activate immediately after Kaiba takes control of Ishizu's monsters. In a subsequent scene displaying the Arena (after Kaiba summons his "Blue-Eyes White Dragon") both Duelists are shown to have no cards face-down on the field. This confirms that Ishizu's card has already been "activated", unbeknownst to Kaiba. This also significantly bends the real-game rules, since "Sacrifice Blast" would have to remain on the field until it is activated (presumably, at the moment "Obelisk the Tormentor" attacks). This requirement is however skipped for dramatic effect.
- When Kaiba sacrificed "Zolga" with "Soul Exchange", "Zolga's" special ability should have activated, giving Ishizu an extra 2000 life points
Featured Duel: Seto Kaiba vs. Ishizu Ishtar, Part 2Edit
Turn 11: Kaiba
Kaiba activates his set Magic Card "Magic Removal Virus Cannon" to send all Magic Cards in Ishizu's Deck and hand to her Graveyard. Ishizu pays 1000 Life Points (Ishizu 2400 → 1400) to activate Trap Card "Exchange of the Spirit" which switches the cards in both duelists' Decks with those in their Graveyards. This leaves Kaiba with 6 cards in his Deck while Ishizu gets back every card that Kaiba made her send to the Graveyard.
Tuen 13: Kaiba
Kaiba draws "Magic Removal Virus Cannon" and subsequently activates it, but Ishizu activates "Muko" to negate the effect of "Magic Removal Virus Cannon" and destroy it. (NOTE: In real life, "Muko" is called "Null and Void".
Turn 14: Ishizu
Ishizu draws "Zolga" and subsequently Normal Summons it (1700/1200) in Attack Position. "Zolga" attacks and destroys "Dark Gremlin" (Kaiba 2950 → 2850). "Kelbek" then attacks Kaiba directly (Kaiba 2850 → 1350). Ishizu Sets 1 card.
Turn 15: Kaiba
Kaiba's hand contains "The Flute of Summoning Dragon", "Silent Doom", "Blue-Eyes White Dragon", "Cross Sacrifice", "Ring of Destruction", and "Obelisk the Tormentor". Kaiba draws, but Ishizu activates Trap Card "Muko" to send the drawn card to the Graveyard. Kaiba Sets 1 card ("Cross Sacrifice"). (NOTE: In the English dub, "Blast Held by a Tribute" can be seen in Kaiba's hand next to Obelisk. "Virus Cannon" is also back in his hand, even though he played it two turns ago and couldn't have redrawn it. These were most likely mistakes.) Kaiba intends to activate his set card once Ishizu gets three monsters out onto her field.
Turn 16: Ishizu
Ishizu draws. She then Sets 1 card (Trap Card "Sacrifice Blast"). In the anime, Ishizu reveals (to the viewers, thinking to herself) that this Trap has already begun infusing its power into one of Ishizu's monsters ("Zolga"), so that when Kaiba uses "Cross Sacrifice" to seize its control and tribute it, it will be transferred to the Tribute Summoned monster i.e. Kaiba's "Obelisk the Tormentor". Once Seto attacks Ishizu directly with "Obelisk", the effect of "Sacrifice Blast" will activate, defeating Kaiba. Ishizu Normal Summons "Agido" (1500/1300) in Attack Position. Kaiba activates Magic Card "Cross Sacrifice" to take control of "Zolga", "Kelbek", and "Agido" and tribute them to Tribute Summon "Obelisk the Tormentor" (4000/4000) in Attack Position.
Turn 17: Kaiba
Kaiba draws "Polymerization". He prepares to attack Ishizu directly with "Obelisk the Tormentor", but Yami Marik's Millennium Rod activates, giving Kaiba a vision of the past. He sees himself as an ancient priest carrying a woman while standing in front of a stone tablet showing the "Blue-Eyes White Dragon". This convinces him to change his strategy. Kaiba activates Magic Card "Silent Doom" to Special Summon "Gadget Soldier" (1800/2000) in Defense Position. Kaiba then Tributes "Gadget Soldier" and "Obelisk the Tormentor" to Tribute Summon "Blue-Eyes White Dragon" (3000/2500) in Attack Position (thus negating "Sacrifice Blast" secretly infused in "Obelisk"). "Blue-Eyes White Dragon" attacks Ishizu directly (Ishizu 1400 → 0).
Differences In AdaptationsEdit
- The 5 pointed star on Muko is given more points in the dub.
- As before, "Virus Cannon" is changed from a Magic to a Trap Card in the English version.
The following cards appeared in this episode. Cards in italics debuted here.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 1.9 This card was played as a Normal Monster. It is an Effect Monster in the TCG/OCG.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 This card can be seen when Kaiba put these cards from his Graveyard back to his Deck via "Exchange of the Spirit's" effect.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 This card can be seen in Kaiba's hand.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 4.5 4.6 This card can be seen in Ishizu's Graveyard.