Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Yu-Gi-Oh! - Episode 093|
Kaiba Vāsasu Hachininme no Dyueristo
Kaiba vs. the Eighth Duelist
A Duel with Destiny, Part 1
|Japanese air date||
February 5, 2002
|English air date||
October 18, 2003
|Episode listing||Yu-Gi-Oh! episode listing (season 2)|
|Previous||Mind Game, Part 3|
|Next||A Duel with Destiny, Part 2|
"A Duel with Destiny, Part 1", known as "Kaiba vs. The Eighth Duelist" in the Japanese version, is the ninety-third episode of the Yu-Gi-Oh! anime. It first aired in Japan on February 5, 2002 and in the United States on October 18, 2003.
- Last Duel of the Battle City Quarter-finals.
- Ishizu uses her Millennium Necklace to predict Seto's moves.
Featured Duel: Seto Kaiba vs. Ishizu Ishtar, Part 1
Turn 2: Ishizu
Ishizu draws "Keldo" and subsequently Normal Summons it (without even looking at it first) (1200/1600) in Defense Position. She then activates "Michizure of Doom" to discard two cards from both duelists' hands. Kaiba discards "Polymerization" and "Kaiser Glider", while Ishizu discards "Spell Reproduction" and "Monster Reborn". Ishizu's hand now contains "Mudora" and "Zolga". Both players then draw two cards, though this was never mentioned or shown.
Turn 4: Ishizu
Ishizu draws "Exchange of the Spirit". She then Normal Summons "Mudora" (1500/1800) in Attack Position. Ishizu then activates "Sword of Dogra", equipping it to "Mudora" and increasing its ATK by 500 ("Mudora": 1500 → 2000/1800). "Mudora" attacks "Vorse Raider", but Seto activates his face-down "Shrink" to halve the ATK of "Vorse Raider" ("Vorse Raider" 1900 → 950/1200). "Mudora" destroys "Vorse Raider" (Kaiba 4000 → 2950), but Seto activates his face-down "Crush Card" to destroy every monster in Ishizu's hand, Deck, and field with 1500 or more ATK; "Mudora" is destroyed. Ishizu then activates "Swords of Revealing Light" to prevent every monster Kaiba has on the field from attacking for the next three turns. She then sets a card.
Turn 5: Kaiba
Kaiba's hand contains "Cross Sacrifice", "Magic Removal Virus Cannon", "Blue-Eyes White Dragon" and "The Flute of Summoning Dragon". Kaiba draws "Dark Gremlin" and subsequently Normal Summons it (1600/1800) in Attack Position (1600/1800). He then Sets a card ("Magic Removal Virus Cannon").
Turn 6: Ishizu
Ishizu draws "Muko". She then passes her turn.
Turn 7: Kaiba
Kaiba draws. He then passes his turn (2 more turns).
Turn 8: Ishizu
Ishizu draws. She then passes her turn.
Turn 9: Kaiba
Kaiba draws. He then passes his turn (1 more turn).
Turn 10: Ishizu
Ishizu draws "Sacrifice's Blast". She then passes her turn. At the End Phase, the effect of Ishizu's "Swords of Revealing Light" expires.
Turn 11: Kaiba
Kaiba draws "Obelisk the Tormentor". "Dark Gremlin" attacks directly (Ishizu 4000 → 2400).
Differences in adaptations
- Cut is a shot of the Duel tower rising when the Duel starts.
- In the original, when Joey believed Ishizu's predicting powers to be a trick, he notes that it was was similar to his Duelist Kingdom Duel with Mai Valentine. In the dub, he notes it was similar to his Duel with Espa Roba.
- In the dub, Kaiba calls "Virus Cannon" a Magic Card, though it is shown as a Trap Card. It was a Magic Card in the Japanese version.
- When "Shrink" halves the ATK of "Vorse Raider", the latter's ATK is shown at 1950 instead of 1900 before it becomes 950.
The following cards appeared in this episode. Cards in italics debuted here.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 This card can be seen in Kaiba's hand.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 This card was played as a Normal Monster. It is an Effect Monster in the TCG/OCG.
- ↑ This card can be seen in Ishizu's hand.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 This card can be seen during Ishizu's Draw Phase.