|Yu-Gi-Oh! - Episode 076|
Todoke! Yūjō no Reddo Aizu Burakku Doragon
Reach Out! Red-Eyes Black Dragon of Friendship
Friends 'Til the End, Part 2
|Japanese air date||
October 9, 2001
|English air date||
July 5, 2003
The Afternoon of that Day
|Episode listing||Yu-Gi-Oh! episode listing (season 2)|
|Previous||Friends 'Til the End, Part 1|
|Next||Friends 'Til the End, Part 3|
- Joey is under Marik's control. (Téa was also under Marik's control but she was released once the rules were explained and she unknowingly trapped herself.)
- Both players are chained to an anchor above the Dueling site. When a player's Life Points reach 0, his opponent's key will be unlocked, allowing him to remove the chains. The loser is dragged into the sea forever.
- If anyone attempts to stop the Duel, the crate above Téa will be released (it would most likely kill her, however, this is omitted in the dubbed English version, but the fact that this would happen was obvious).
- Joey uses cards given by Marik.
- Yugi takes over during the Duel. At first, this angers Marik because he wants to defeat Yami, but then he changes his mind because he thinks Yugi will be easier to defeat.
- As he remembers more about those around him, Joey's consciousness begins to shake itself from Marik's control.
- He refuses to take "Red-Eyes Black Dragon" by the effect of "Exchange", instead reaching for the adjacent "Card Destruction". (The Japanese version recalls that Joey promised to become a worthy duelist before taking back what was his icon of victory. The English version uses "Red-Eyes" as a symbol of Joey's promise to help Yami beat Marik.)
- Yugi reminds Joey of his promises to himself, to Yami, and to Serenity.
- After being pummeled by the "Attrition" combo, "Red-Eyes" groans in pain.
Featured Duel: Joey Wheeler vs. Yugi Muto, Part 2Edit
Yugi convinces Yami to let him take over. Yami does so. Yugi draws "Red-Eyes Black Dragon". Yugi's hand contains "Mystic Box", "Card Destruction", "De-Spell", "Exchange", and "Red-Eyes Black Dragon". He then activates Magic Card "Exchange", letting both players reveal their hands and add one card from each other's hand to their hand. Joey sees his "Red-Eyes Black Dragon" when he sees Yugi's hand, which helps him fight Marik's control. Marik tells him to take "Red-Eyes Black Dragon", but he takes "Card Destruction" instead. Joey shows his hand, revealing that it contains "Graceful Dice", "Rocket Warrior", "Magical Arm Shield", and "Hinotama". Yugi takes Trap Card "Magical Arm Shield" from Joey's hand. Yugi then tributes "Big Shield Gardna" and "Kuriboh" to Tribute Summon "Red-Eyes Black Dragon" in Attack Position (2400 ATK / 2000 DEF). "Red-Eyes Black Dragon" attacks and destroys "Alligator's Sword" (Joey 4000 → 2400 Life Points).
Joey draws "Attrition". He then activates his last "Hinotama" (Yugi 1500 → 1000 Life Points). Next, he Normal Summons "Rocket Warrior" in Attack Position (1500 ATK / 1300 DEF). He then activates Magic Card "Attrition", targeting "Rocket Warrior". Now if "Rocket Warrior" attacks another monster, that monster will lose ATK equal to the ATK of targeted monster. "Rocket Warrior" attacks "Red-Eyes Black Dragon". Due to the effect of "Rocket Warrior", it's not destroyed and Joey takes no damage from the attack. After damage calculation, the ATK of "Red Eyes Black Dragon" decreases by 500 until the end of Joey's turn ("Red-Eyes Black Dragon": 2400 → 1900 ATK/2000 DEF). The effect of "Attrition" then activates ("Red-Eyes Black Dragon": 1900 → 400 ATK / 2000 DEF).
Changes to the English VersionEdit
- There is no Marik voiceover when Joey is controlled by Marik in the JPN version.
- A shot of Yugi standing in the smoke is cut from the US version.
- The fight between Tristan and the rare hunters is mostly cut.
- The shot of spirit Yami standing beside Yugi is replaced in the US by a shot of Tristan, Yugi, and Téa supporting Joey.
- Cut from the US version is a shot of Marik hitting Odion with the Millennium Rod.
- Again, the shot of Yugi being hit by the fire ball is cut from the US version.
- A shot of "Rocket Warrior" blasting one of the Red-Eyes' wings is cut from the US version.
- The words "TO BE CONTINUED" are added at the end of the dub episode.
The following cards appeared in this episode. Cards in italics debuted here.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 This card can be seen in Yugi's hand.
- ↑ This card belongs to Yugi but was taken by Joey via "Exchange" in this episode.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 This card can be seen in Joey's hand.
- ↑ This card belongs to Joey but was taken by Yugi via "Exchange" in this episode.