"The Rescue", known as "Bonds" in the Japanese version, is the seventy-fourth episode of the Yu-Gi-Oh! anime. It first aired in Japan on September 25, 2001, and in the United States on June 14, 2003.
- Yugi, Seto and Mokuba go to the Rare Hunters' base in search of Joey and Téa.
- Yugi explains the legend of the Pharaoh to Seto.
The episode opens a Duel between two unknown characters. A driver trying to make his way through the crowd honks and complains. A police officer explains the tournament and asks the motorist to move.
Meanwhile, Kaiba, Yugi, and Mokuba are flying in Kaiba's helicopter, having located the Rare Hunters that have captured Téa and Joey. Kaiba asks Yugi about Marik, but Yugi admits to knowing little about him, other than the fact that he has a Millennium Item. Kaiba brushes off Yugi's "bogus" magic talk. Yugi admonishes him, reminding Kaiba of his first-hand experience with Pegasus' Millennium Eye.
Kaiba ignores Yugi, who insists his Millennium Puzzle's powers are real. He reveals his true identity as an ancient pharaoh, much to Kaiba and Mokuba's surprise. Kaiba denies this, but recalls what Ishizu told him at the Domino Museum about his ancient past. He and Yugi argue about Ishizu's revelations and Marik's motivation, but come to no resolution.
Yugi reveals the power of Millennium Rod and expresses his concern for his friends, reiterating the need to find them soon. Kaiba tells Yugi he is tired of hearing about his friends, especially Joey. Yugi defends Joey and his dueling capacity, speculating that Joey may have even qualified for the Battle City Finals already.
The helicopter approaches the Rare Hunters' hideout and Kaiba orders the helicopter to land.
Most cards in this episode appear in flashbacks
- ↑ This card was played as a Normal Monster. It is a Fusion Monster in the TCG/OCG.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 This card was seen in Arkana's hand.
- ↑ This card was played as a Magic Card. It is a Trap Card in the TCG/OCG.
- ↑ This card was played as a Trap Card. It is a Magic Card in the TCG/OCG.