|Yu-Gi-Oh! - Episode 072|
Double Duel, Part 3
|Japanese air date||
September 11, 2001
|English air date||
May 17, 2003
The Afternoon of that Day
|Episode listing||Yu-Gi-Oh! episode listing (season 2)|
|Previous||Double Duel, Part 2|
|Next||Double Duel, Part 4|
- When a player's LP reach 0, the glass floor under them will break, opening a vortex that will suck them into the Shadow Realm (in the Japanese Version, the loser just simply plunges to their death).
- Serenity is able to take her eye bandages off now, but she must wait until nightfall.
- Joey has been possessed by Marik.
Featured Duel: Yami Yugi and Seto Kaiba vs. Lumis and Umbra, Part 3
Turn 12: Kaiba
Kaiba has just managed to summon his "Blue-Eyes White Dragon" from the Graveyard via "Monster Reborn". "Blue-Eyes White Dragon" attacks and destroys "The Masked Beast" (Umbra 4000 → 3700). At this point, Yami reveals that he had used the effect of "Beast of Gilfer" last turn to equip it to "The Masked Beast" and decrease its ATK by 500.
Turn 14: Yami
Yami draws. During Yami's Standby Phase, the effects of "Mask of the Accursed" and "Mask of Dispel" activate (Yami Yugi 2500 → 2000 → 1500). Yami Sets 1 card. He then Normal Summons "Alpha The Magnet Warrior" (1400/1700) in Attack Position. "Alpha The Magnet Warrior" attacks and destroys Lumis' Set Monster. It's revealed to be "Melchid the Four-Face Beast" (1500/1200).
Turn 15: Umbra
Umbra draws "Rogue Doll" and subsequently Normal Summons it (1600/1000) in Attack Position. "Rogue Doll" attacks "Blue-Eyes White Dragon". Lumis then activates "Mask of Weakness" to decrease "Blue-Eyes White Dragon's" ATK by 700 until the End Phase ("Blue-Eyes White Dragon": 3000 → 2300/2500). Lumis then activates "Mask of Brutality" to equip the latter to "Rogue Doll", increase its ATK by 1000, and decrease its DEF by 1000 ("Rogue Doll": 1600 → 2600/1000 → 0). Yami Yugi then activates "Mystical Refpanel" to switch the target of "Mask of Brutality" to "Blue-Eyes White Dragon" ("Rogue Doll": 2600 → 1600/0 → 1000) ("Blue-Eyes White Dragon": 2300 → 3300/2500 → 1500). "Blue-Eyes White Dragon" then destroys "Rogue Doll" (Umbra 3700 → 2000). Umbra Sets 1 card. On Umbra's End Phase, "Mask of Brutality" is destroyed due to the effect of "Mystical Refpanel" ("Blue-Eyes White Dragon": 3300 → 2300/1500 → 2500). At the same time, the effect of "Mask of Weakness" expires ("Blue-Eyes White Dragon": 2300 → 3000/2500).
Turn 16: Kaiba
Kaiba draws. "Blue-Eyes White Dragon" attacks Umbra directly, but Umbra activates "Mask of Impregnability" to make all Battle Damage he takes from direct attacks this turn 0. Kaiba then asks Lumis what would have happened if "Blue-Eyes White Dragon" attacked him instead, to make Lumis wonder if Umbra would have protected him. This causes a break between them.
Turn 17: Lumis
Lumis draws "Pot of Greed" and subsequently activates it to draw 2 cards. He then Sets 1 card. Lumis activates "Card Exchange" to switch the cards in his hand with those in Umbra's hand. Lumis has no cards in his hand, so he just takes the cards Umbra has. Lumis then activates "Chosen One" to select one monster card and two non-monsters cards from his hand, place them face-down, and randomly select one. If it is the monster, Lumis can summon it, ignoring the summoning conditions, but if one of the non-monster cards is selected then all cards selected are sent to the Graveyard. The monster is selected, so Lumis Special Summons "Masked Beast Des Gardius" (3300/2500) in Attack Position, ignoring the Summoning Conditions.
Changes to the English Version
- A pair of explosives affixed on each Life Point box are removed in the dub.
- "Mystical Refpanel's" fairy have been given a dress in the dub.
- The words "TO BE CONTINUED" are added at the end of the dub episode.
- In the dub, during the scene when Yami Yugi summons "Alpha The Magnet Warrior," "Beta The Magnet Warrior" is incorrectly shown in Attack Position.
- Before Umbra summoned Rogue Doll, he should have only had 4 cards in his hand instead of 5 therefore when Lumis took the cards in Umbra's hand he should have only had 2 which would not have been enough to activate chosen one. The math is as follows:
- 5 Cards to open with plus the 4 turns he had is 9 cards (card destruction is disregarded because it didn't change the number of cards).
- The 9 cards were 1) Masked Doll, 2) Shining Abyss, 3) Spell Transfer, 4) Curse of the Masked Beast, 5) The Masked Beast, 6) Rogue Doll, 7) Mask of Impregnability and the 2 unknown cards for chosen one 1 of which is The Masked Beast Des Gardius.
The following cards appeared in this episode. Cards in italics debuted here.