|Yu-Gi-Oh! - Episode 062|
Majishan no Deshi Burakku Majishan Gāru
The Magician's Disciple - Black Magician Girl
The Master of Magicians, Part 3
|Japanese air date||
July 3, 2001
|English air date||
February 8, 2003
The Afternoon of that Day
|Episode listing||Yu-Gi-Oh! episode listing (season 2)|
|Previous||The Master of Magicians, Part 2|
|Next||Playing with a Parasite, Part 1|
The Master of Magicians, Part 3, known as The Magician's Disciple - Black Magician Girl in the Japanese version, is the sixty-second episode of Yu-Gi-Oh!. It aired in Japan on July 3, 2001, and in the US on February 8, 2003.
- Yami Yugi summons "Dark Magician Girl" for the first time. With extra attack points from other "Dark Magicians" in the graveyard, Arkana's "Dark Magician" is beaten, and Yugi wins.
- Arkana tries to use a hidden key to break himself out. However, Marik plays tricks on his mind using his Millennium Rod. Yami Yugi turns back into Yugi who breaks himself and Arkana out of their locks.
- Marik speaks to Yugi through Arkana and tells him of his motives and plans. Just afterwards, Téa, Solomon Muto, Mokuba and Tristan find Yugi.
Featured Duel: Yami Yugi vs. Arkana, Part 3
Turn 19: Yami
Yami draws. He then Normal Summons "Gazelle the King of Mythical Beasts" (1500/1200) in Attack Position. Arkana then activates "Shadow Balance" to destroy Yami's monsters until he and Arkana has the same number of monsters. Since there are no monsters on Arkana's side of the field, "Shadow Balance's" effect destroys both "Gazelle the King of Mythical Beasts" and "Big Shield Gardna".
Turn 20: Arkana
Arkana draws. He then activates "Dark Magic Curtain" to pay half his Life Points (Arkana 1500 → 750) and Special Summon 1 Dark Magician from his Deck (2500/2100) in Attack Position. He then activates "Anti-Magic Arrows" to prevent Yami from activating his Set cards.
Arkana's "Dark Magician" attacks Yami directly, but Yami activates "Dark Magic Curtain's" effect to pay half his Life Points (Yami 700 → 350) and Special Summon "Dark Magician Girl" (2000/1700) in Attack Position. Yami Yugi states that due to the effect of "Dark Magician Girl", it gains 300 ATK for each "Dark Magician" in the Graveyard. A replay occurs, and Arkana, believing that Yami has only one "Dark Magician" in his Graveyard (which would make the ATK of "Dark Magician Girl" 2300), uses his "Dark Magician" to attack "Dark Magician Girl". However, Yami Yugi then reminds Arkana that "Dark Magician Girl" gains ATK from "Dark Magicians" in both players' Graveyards ("Dark Magician Girl": 2000 → 2600/1700). "Dark Magician Girl" then destroys Arkana's "Dark Magician" (Arkana 750 → 650) ("Dark Magician Girl": 2600 → 2900/1700).
Yugi gets the key to his cuffs and a Locator Card as well. Arkana is about to use the spare key in his sleeve to free himself, but Marik tampers with his mind causing it to seemingly disappear (even though it really didn't). Yugi then grabs the key and frees Arkana before the disc/blade hits him. Arkana then runs over to what appears to be Catherine, but it is really a doll replica of her. Marik then takes control of Arkana and fills his mind with depressing visions that will cause him to commit suicide upon waking up (Marik sends his mind to the Shadow Realm in the dub). After explaining what his true plan is, he releases his control over Arkana. Yugi's friends and his grandpa then find and take him out of the chamber.
Changes to the dub
- "Dark Magic Curtain's" pentagram is given five more points.
- "Dark Magician Girl's" pentagram is changed to a red jewel. Also, a blue skirt is temporarily added to her costume at one point to conceal her thigh.
- Marik explaining his family's past is cut.
- A frame of Yugi with the three God cards behind him is cut.
- The buzzsaw glows blue and its blades are obscured, to match the dub's depiction of them as "Dark Energy Disks".
- A shot of the buzzsaw nearing dangerously close to Pandora/Arkana's leg is cut.
- In the original, Marik wants to kill Yugi. In the dub, he wants to send him to the Shadow Realm.
- When Arkana places "Shadow Balance" on the field, he calls it a Monster, when in fact "Shadow Balance" is a Trap.
- When "Gazelle the King of Mythical Beasts" is summoned, it's shown with three claws on its front paws. However, just before "Shadow Balance" "swallows" "Gazelle", it has four claws on its front paws, then back to three just moments before it's destroyed.
The following cards appeared in this episode. Cards in italics debuted here.