|Yu-Gi-Oh! - Episode 057|
Gyakuten Chēn Disutorakushon
Reversal - Chain Destruction
Yugi vs. The Rare Hunter, Part 2
|Japanese air date||
May 29, 2001
|English air date||
January 18, 2003
The Afternoon of that Day
|Episode listing||Yu-Gi-Oh! episode listing (season 2)|
|Previous||Yugi vs. The Rare Hunter, Part 1|
|Next||Espa Roba - The ESP Duelist, Part 1|
Yugi vs. The Rare Hunter, Part 2, known as Reversal - Chain Destruction in the Japanese version, is the fifty-seventh episode of Yu-Gi-Oh!. It aired in Japan on May 29, 2001, and in the US on January 18, 2003.
- Yami Yugi discovers Seeker's strategy to summon "Exodia", and then devises a strategy of his own to counter it.
- After winning the Duel, Yami Yugi takes "Red-Eyes Black Dragon" from Seeker's Deck, and then destroys Seeker's Deck after realizing all the cards within are counterfeit (In the English dub, Yugi destroys the cards for a different reason: the cards in Seeker's Deck are all marked.)
- Yami Yugi is later greeted by a man named Marik, who addresses him as "Pharaoh" while he uses his Millennium Rod to possess Seeker. He declares that the Pharaoh will be destroyed with the help of one of his Egyptian God Cards if Yami Yugi finds him (In the English dub, the dialogue is different: he declares to Yami Yugi his plans to become the new Pharaoh by taking the Millennium Puzzle and the 3 Egyptian God Cards).
Featured Duel: Yami Yugi vs. Seeker, Part 2
Turn 7: Yami
Yami draws "Lightforce Sword" and subsequently activates it to remove 1 random card from Seeker's hand from play for 3 turns; Yami Yugi removes the "Right Arm of the Forbidden One" in Seeker's hand from play. Yami then Tributes "Chimera the Flying Mythical Beast" to Tribute Summon "Summoned Skull" (2500/1200) in Attack Position. "Summoned Skull" attacks and destroys "Gear Golem the Moving Fortress".
Turn 8: Seeker
Seeker draws "Left Arm of the Forbidden One". He then activates "Swords of Revealing Light". Now every monster Yami controls can't attack for 3 turns and every monster he controls must be face-up.
Turn 12: Seeker
Seeker draws "Right Leg of the Forbidden One". Seeker's hand contains two "Heads of Exodia", two "Right Legs", "Left Leg of the Forbidden One", "Left Arm of "Exodia", and "Giant Soldier of Stone". He then Normal Summons "Head of Exodia" (1000/1000) in Defense Position. Since Seeker Normal Summoned a monster, Yami activates "Chain Destruction" to destroy every copy of "Head of Exodia" in Seeker's Deck and hand. Yami then activates "Dust Tornado" to destroy "Swords of Revealing Light".
Turn 13: Yami
Yami draws. He then activates "Monster Reborn" to Special Summon "Chimera the Flying Mythical Beast" (2100/1800) from his Graveyard in Attack Position. "Chimera the Flying Mythical Beast" attacks and destroys "Head of Exodia". "Summoned Skull" attacks directly (Seeker 4000 → 1500). "Alpha The Magnet Warrior" then attacks directly. Due to the effect of "Alpha the Magnet Warrior", it gains 200 ATK during the Damage Step as "Summoned Skull" had already attacked ("Alpha The Magnet Warrior": 1400 → 1600/1700). The direct attack then hits (Seeker 1500 → 0).
Yami Yugi wins.
Yami takes back Joey's "Red-Eyes Black Dragon" and a Locator Card. He then destroys the rest of Seeker's Deck as they are all counterfeit cards. (In the dub, it was because the cards were marked with invisible ink.)
The following cards appeared in this episode. Cards in italics debuted here.
Changes to the English Version
- In the Japanese version, Joey wants to Duel Yugi in the Battle City finals. In the dub he wants to help Yugi save the world.
- In the Japanese version, Joey gives "Red Eyes Black Dragon" to Yugi and says that he will accept it back once he defeats him. In the dub, he gives him the card because he might need it to defeat Marik.
- Cut from the dub: Téa spotting Yugi and Joey shaking hands at the plaza.
- Cut from the dub: Téa chasing Yugi and Joey.
- In the English anime, the five pieces of "Exodia" show two "Right arms".
- In the English anime, all of Seeker's cards were real, but they were all marked with invisible ink.
- In the English anime, when Chain Destruction is activated, the chain piercing Exodia's head (and subsequently Seeker's Deck) is obscured by a flash of light.
- In the Japanese, when Yugi explains Exodia's weakness, all five cards are shown behind him but in the dub, some of those 5 cards are duplicates.
- After Seeker draws the second head, his hand is shown with all five pieces in his hand. Obviously, this was not the case.
- At one point in the Duel, Seeker knows what "Exodia" piece is coming next and he thinks it's the exact one he needs to win by "Exodia's" effect but in the dub, it's the same one as one already in his hand.
- In the Japanese, after Yugi plays "Alpha The Magnet Warrior", its DEF is shown at 1000 instead of 1700.
- This is one of the few, if not the only, Duel where Yugi's/Yami's Life Points are not reduced to a critical low. In fact, Yugi/Yami didn't lose ANY Life Points this Duel, as Seeker's entire strategy was to stall with high defense monsters until he obtained all the pieces of "Exodia".
- This is also one of the few Duels where a rule was made up that didn't seem necessary for plot, advantage purposes, or dramatic/comedic effect. Technically, Yugi/Yami didn't need to activate the made-up effect of "Summoned Skull" to power up "Alpha The Magnet Warrior", as he could have instead used "Alpha The Magnet Warrior" to destroy Seeker's "Head of Exodia", then use "Summoned Skull" and "Chimera the Flying Mythical Beast" to defeat Seeker in one turn.
- ↑ This card belongs to Joey, but it was stolen by Seeker two episodes ago. Later Yugi won this card from Seeker and kept it after Joey made a promise to Yugi that he will beat him and win his "Red-Eyes B. Dragon" back.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 This was played as a Magic Card. It is a Trap Card in the TCG/OCG.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 This card can be seen when Yugi searches Seeker's Deck.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 This was played as a Normal Monster. It is an Effect Monster in the TCG/OCG.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 A second copy of this card can be seen when Yugi searches Seeker's Deck.
- ↑ One copy can be seen in Rare Hunter's hand. Both copies of this card are seen when Yugi searches Seeker's Deck.
- ↑ Two copies of this card can be seen in his hand and the third copies of this card is shown when Yugi searches Seeker's Deck.
- ↑ One copy card can be seen in the hand and a another copy is seen when Yugi searches Seeker's Deck