|Yu-Gi-Oh! - Episode 051|
Kudakareta Sennen Pazuru
The Shattered Millennium Puzzle
The Mystery Duelist, Part 2
|Japanese air date||
April 17, 2001
|English air date||
November 16, 2002
The Afternoon of that Day
|Episode listing||Yu-Gi-Oh! episode listing (season 2)|
|Previous||The Mystery Duelist, Part 1|
|Next||The Past is Present|
The Mystery Duelist, Part 2, known as The Shattered Millennium Puzzle in the Japanese version, is the fifty-first episode of Yu-Gi-Oh!. It aired in Japan on April 17, 2001, and in the US on November 16, 2002.
Yami Bakura arrives and severs the connect that bonded Keith and Marik Ishtar together, freeing Keith from the Ishtar hold. He then alters a piece he picked up so that he can ensure his control over the Millennium Puzzle. Yami Bakura thinks up the plan for his take over of all Millennium Items. Ishtar/Keith shatter the puzzle. Bandit Keith starts a fire and leaves. Yugi struggles to put the puzzle together fast. He rathers the spirit survive than himself. Joey, Tristan, and Téa arrives outside the now inflames building. Joey and Tristan breaks into the burning building. Yugi who got dizzy from the heat refuses to leave without the puzzle. They then struggle to get Yugi to leave. They then figure that the only way to save Yugi is to get the puzzle. They finally figure out a way and frees the puzzle and then arrives outside with the now weak, unconscious Yugi, in Tristan's arms.
Yugi is then at the hospital and thanks everyone for their help. He know he has a journey to undertake. But who wants the puzzle now? What's next?
- Keith is under the control of Marik Ishtar, who cheats during this Duel.
- Whoever wins this Duel gets to keep the Millennium Puzzle, which Keith stole earlier disguised as a fortune teller.
- Yugi is forced to Duel without Yami.
- The duel has no result, as Keith breaks free of Marik's control due to Yami Bakura freeing Keith's mind. Keith still had "Seiyaryu" on the field, so the pressure was still on Yugi. However, the outcome could have gone either way.
Featured Duel: Yugi Muto vs. "Bandit" Keith HowardEdit
Turn 11: Yugi
Yugi draws "Koumori Dragon" and subsequently sets it.
Turn 12: Keith
Keith draws "Seiyaryu" and subsequently Normal Summons it in Attack Position (2500 ATK / 2300 DEF). Keith's hand contains "Solemn Judgment", "Ground Attacker Bugroth", "Curse of Fiend", and "Stop Defense". Keith secretly uses the mechanical claw in his hand to swap "Grounder Attack Bugroth" with "Magic Jammer". He then Sets "Magic Jammer". Next Keith activates Magic Card "Stop Defense" to switch Yugi's Set monster, "Koumori Dragon" (1700 ATK / 1200 DEF) into Attack Position. "Zera the Mant" attacks and destroys "Koumori Dragon" (Yugi 1500 → 400 Life Points) (In the real game, Koumori Dragon has 1500 ATK. The real total should be 200).
Turn 14: Keith
Keith draws. "Seiyaryu" attacks and destroys Yugi's Set monster: "Mystical Elf" (800 ATK / 2000 DEF). Keith then Sets 2 cards face-down. Next Keith switches "Zera the Mant" to Defense Position.
Turn 15: Yugi
Yugi draws "Mirror Force". He then sets one card. He then Normal Summons "Dark Magician" in Defense Position (2500 ATK / 2100 DEF). Next Yugi activates Magic Card "Magical Hats" to create four hats and hide his "Dark Magician" in one of them.
Turn 16: Keith
Keith draws. Keith then activates Trap Card "Magic Jammer", discarding 1 card from his hand to negate the effect of "Magical Hats" and destroy it. This removes the hats created by the effect of "Magical Hats". On Keith's Standby Phase, he activates his set Magic Card "Curse of Fiend" to switch the Battle Position of every monster on the field: "Seiyaryu" is switched to Defense Position while "Zera the Mant" and "Dark Magician" are switched to Attack Position. "Zera the Mant" attacks "Dark Magician", but Yugi activates Trap Card "Mirror Force" to destroy all Attack Position monsters Keith controls, however Keith activates Counter Trap Card "Solemn Judgment", paying half of his Life Points (Keith 500 → 250 Life Points) to negate the effect of "Mirror Force" and destroy it. The attack continues, destroying "Dark Magician" (Yugi 400 → 100 Life Points (NOTE: In the real game Yugi would have lost the Duel at this point because Zera the Mant attacked Koumori Dragon earlier in the Duel).
Turn 18: Keith
Keith draws. He then secretly swaps a card in his hand with "Tribute to the Doomed". Keith then activates Magic Card "Tribute to The Doomed", discarding 1 card from his hand to destroy Yugi's Set monster, but Yugi activates "Living Arrow" to change the target of "Tribute to the Doomed" to "Zera the Mant" instead, destroying it.
The Duel, at this point, ends due to Yami Bakura's interference.
After Keith breaks free of Marik Ishtar's control due to Yami Bakura setting his mind free, he shatters the Millennium Puzzle. Yugi quickly regathers the pieces. Yami Bakura secretly puts a piece of his spirit into one of the Millennium Puzzle pieces before he leaves. When Marik tries to take back control of Keith, he swings a metal bar around in an attempt to stop Marik. This action unintentionally hits a control box to the Duel platform, setting the warehouse on fire. Keith flees the warehouse as Marik tries to regain control of him. Yugi finishes fixing the puzzle just before he collapses. Joey and Tristan quickly rescue Yugi and his puzzle before the fire envelops the entire warehouse.
- When Tristan and Joey were trying to free the Millenium Puzzle, all they had to do was simply unclip the carabiner that connected the puzzle's chain to the bolt instead of bashing the bolt with the metal poles and prying it loose.
- Keith had one card in his hand by the end of turn 14. However he had two cards in his hand when he activated "Magic Jammer".
The following cards appeared in this episode. Cards in italics debuted here.
Differences in adaptationsEdit
- Cut from the US version where Jounouchi, trying again to pull the Puzzle free, feels it activate in his hands. Yami Yugi appears and tells him to pull out the bolt with the pipe. Jounouchi's pretty startled, but quickly gets the idea.
- Marik claims, in the dub, that Yugi had fought and defeated Bandit Keith in Duelist Kingdom, but he never did.
- ↑ This was played as a Magic Card. It is an Trap Card in the TCG/OCG.
- ↑ This card can be seen in Keith's hand before he illegally switch this card with "Magic Jammer".