|Yu-Gi-Oh! - Episode 041|
Amerika kara Kita Shōjo
The Girl who Came from America
The Wrath of Rebecca
|Japanese air date||
February 6, 2001
|English air date||
October 12, 2002
|Episode listing||Yu-Gi-Oh! episode listing (season 1)|
|Next||The Ties of Friendship|
"The Wrath of Rebecca", known as "The Girl who Came from America" in the Japanese version, is the forty-first episode of the Yu-Gi-Oh! second series anime. It first aired in Japan in February 6, 2001 and in the United States on October 12, 2002.
In Pegasus' Castle, Yugi and his friends are reunited with Ryo Bakura and Mokuba Kaiba. Croquet gives Yugi Muto the check for the three million dollar prize, then Yugi gives it to Joey. Outside the castle, the gang meet up with Seto Kaiba, who is grateful to see his little brother Mokuba, but warns Yugi they will Duel sooner or later. He then offers everyone a ride home on his helicopter. A few days later, Solomon is released from the hospital. Yugi and his friends take him home, where they find an American girl waiting for them. She introduces herself as Rebecca, a twelve-year old (an eight-year old in the dub) prodigy Duelist who is accusing Solomon of stealing her "Blue-Eyes White Dragon". She demands it back, but the gang and Solomon have a problem with this as Seto ripped it up in the first episode.
Rebecca challenges Solomon to a Duel for it, but since he just got out of the hospital, Yugi (not Yami) takes his place. They duel at the new arena in KaibaLand. During the Duel, Solomon notices Rebecca's Deck and strategy is very similar to an old friend of his named Arthur Hawkins. Finally, Rebecca reveals herself to be his granddaughter, but continues to accuse him. Will she defeat Yugi and learn the truth about what happened to her card?
Featured Duel: Yugi Muto vs. Rebecca Hawkins
Turn 2: Yugi
Yugi Muto draws. He then Normal Summons "Celtic Guardian" (1400/1200) in Attack Position. "Celtic Guardian" attacks and destroys "Witch of the Black Forest" (Rebecca 2000 → 1700). Since "Witch of the Black Forest" was sent from the field to the Graveyard, its effect activates, allowing Rebecca Hawkins to add 1 monster with 1500 or lower DEF from her Deck to her hand.
Turn 4: Yugi
"Celtic Guardian" attacks and destroys "Sangan" (Rebecca 1700 → 1300). Since "Sangan" was sent from the field to the Graveyard, its effect activates, allowing Rebecca to add 1 monster with 1500 or lower ATK from her Deck into her hand.
Turn 6: Yugi
Yugi Normal Summons "Summoned Skull" (2500/1200) in Attack Position. "Summoned Skull" attacks Rebecca's Set monster. It is revealed to be "Millennium Shield" (0/3000). The attack fails (Yugi 2000 → 1500).
Turn 7: Rebecca
Rebecca draws. She then activates "Ring of Magnetism", equipping it to "Millennium Shield" and decreasing its DEF by 500 ("Millennium Shield": 0/3000 → 2500). Now if Yugi's monsters attack, they will be forced to attack "Millennium Shield" as long as it is equipped with "Ring of Magnetism".
Turn 11: Rebecca
Rebecca draws "Shadow Ghoul". She then Normal Summons another "Witch of the Black Forest" (1100/1200) in Attack Position. She then activates "Cannon Soldier's" effect to Tribute "Witch of the Black Forest" and inflict 500 damage to Yugi (Yugi 1500 → 1000). Since "Witch of the Black Forest" has been sent from the field to the Graveyard, its effect activates, allowing Rebecca to add 1 monster with 1500 or lower DEF from her Deck to her hand.
- When Rebecca Summons "Cannon Soldier", in both versions it is shown to have 400 ATK instead of 1400.
- "Millennium Shield" is shown to be a WIND Effect Monster instead of an EARTH Normal Monster in the dub.
- In the dub, after Rebecca plays "Witch of the Black Forest" in Attack Mode and Yugi wonders why, his side of the dueling platform shows "Cannon Soldier" which isn't a card either player has on the field at the time.
Differences in adaptations
- The Japanese version shows Rebecca getting weepy, and then making a rude gesture, while the US version is changed to show Rebecca looking upset while she rails at Yugi after he destroys "Sangan".
- All the sweatdrops on Yugi's head are removed in the dub.
- This is the first Duel that Yugi plays as himself, instead of switching with Yami Yugi.
The following cards appeared in this episode. Cards in italics debuted here.
- ↑ This card was seen when Rebecca drew this card at turn 11.
- ↑ Yugi receives this card as a prize for winning the Duelist Kingdom tournament.