|Yu-Gi-Oh! - Episode 035|
Fainaru Dyueru! Yūgi Vāsasu Pegasasu
Final Duel! Yugi vs. Pegasus
Yugi vs. Pegasus: Match of the Millennium, Part 1
|Japanese air date||
December 19, 2000
|English air date||
September 21, 2002
|Episode listing||Yu-Gi-Oh! episode listing (season 1)|
|Previous||Best of Friends, Best of Duelists, Part 2|
|Next||Yugi vs. Pegasus: Match of the Millennium, Part 2|
Yugi vs. Pegasus: Match of the Millennium, Part 1, known as Final Duel! Yuugi vs. Pegasus in the Japanese version, is the thirty-fifth episode of Yu-Gi-Oh!. It aired in Japan on December 19, 2000, and in the US on September 21, 2002.
The final duel of Duelist Kingdom is about to begin. Yugi Muto will face Maximillion Pegasus for the release of Solomon Muto and the Kaiba brothers. Before the duel begins, Tristan, believing Pegasus is up to something, runs off to the castle's dungeon to find the bodies of the Kaiba brothers. The Big Five are watching the duel, knowing that if Pegasus wins, KaibaCorp is his.
The Duel does not start off very well for Yugi, as Pegasus is able to read Yugi's mind through the use of his Millennium Eye, thereby countering any of Yugi's moves.
Meanwhile, Tristan continues to wander around the dungeon until he finds Mokuba Kaiba. Unfortunately, unlocking his cell door triggered a silent alarm, forcing him to flee while the guards hunt him down. Will he outrun them? Can Yugi defeat Pegasus and his Millennium Eye to save his grandfather and the Kaiba brothers or will he be defeated and end up just like them?
Featured Duel: Yami Yugi vs. Maximillion Pegasus
Turn 3: Yami Yugi
Yami draws. He then Flip Summons "Beaver Warrior" (1200/1500) into Attack Position. Yami Yugi then activates "Horn of the Unicorn", equipping it onto "Beaver Warrior" and increasing "Beaver Warrior's" ATK and DEF by 700 ("Beaver Warrior": 1200 → 1900/1500 → 2200). Yami is about to declare an attack with his "Beaver Warrior", but Pegasus activates "Tears of a Mermaid" to destroy "Horn of the Unicorn" ("Beaver Warrior": 1900 → 1200/2200 → 1500). Yami chooses not to attack with "Beaver Warrior".
Differences In Adaptations
- When Pegasus holds up his soul cards, Yugi's Grandfather's soul card is added in the US version.
- In the US version, a padlock is put onplace instead of a graphic reading LOCK OFF on the screen when Tristan breaks into Mokuba's cell.
- "Red Archery Girl" is given more clothing to wear in the US version.
- The guard guarding Mokuba's cell has a gun in his hand in the Japanese.
- In both versions, when Pegasus summons "Ryu-Ran", it is shown in attack position on his duel screen.
The following cards appeared in this episode. Cards in italics debuted here.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 This card is seen in Yugi's hand when Pegasus mind scan his thoughts.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 This card is seen when Yugi was checking his Deck.
- ↑ This is played as a Magic Card. It is a Trap Card in the TCG/OCG.