|Yu-Gi-Oh! - Episode 035|
Fainaru Dyueru! Yūgi Vāsasu Pegasasu
Final Duel! Yugi vs. Pegasus
Yugi vs. Pegasus: Match of the Millennium, Part 1
|Japanese air date||
December 19, 2000
|English air date||
September 21, 2002
|Episode listing||Yu-Gi-Oh! episode listing (season 1)|
|Previous||Best of Friends, Best of Duelists, Part 2|
|Next||Yugi vs. Pegasus: Match of the Millennium, Part 2|
"Yugi vs. Pegasus: Match of the Millennium, Part 1", known as "Final Duel! Yuugi vs. Pegasus" in the Japanese version, is the thirty-fifth episode of the Yu-Gi-Oh! second series anime. It first aired in Japan on December 19, 2000 and in the United States on September 21, 2002.
The final Duel of Duelist Kingdom is about to begin. Yugi Muto will face Maximillion Pegasus for the release of his grandpa, Kaiba and Mokuba. The Big Five are watching the Duel, knowing that if Pegasus wins, KaibaCorp is his.
The Duel does not start off very well for Yugi, as Pegasus is able to read Yugi's mind through the use of his Millennium Eye, thereby countering any of Yugi's moves.
Meanwhile, Tristan, believing Pegasus is up to something, runs off to the castle's dungeon to find the bodies of the Kaiba brothers. He wanders around the dungeon until he finds Mokuba. Unfortunately, unlocking his cell door triggered a silent alarm, forcing him to flee while the guards hunt him down.
Featured Duel: Yami Yugi vs. Maximillion Pegasus
|This Duel uses Duelist Kingdom gameplay. Rules and card effects may differ from that of the TCG/OCG. See the individual card articles for more information.|
Turn 3: Yami Yugi
Yugi draws. He then Flip Summons "Beaver Warrior" (1200/1500) into Attack Position. Yugi then activates his face-down "Horn of the Unicorn" and equips it to "Beaver Warrior", increasing the latter's ATK and DEF by 700 ("Beaver Warrior": 1200 → 1900/1500 → 2200). Pegasus activates his face-down "Tears of a Mermaid" to negate and destroy "Horn of the Unicorn" ("Beaver Warrior": 1900 → 1200/2200 → 1500).
Turn 5: Yami Yugi
Yugi draws. He then Sets a monster.
Turn 6: Pegasus
Pegasus draws. He Sets a card. He then Normal Summons "Ryu-Ran" (2200/2600) in Defense Position and switches "Red Archery Girl" to Defense Position.
Differences in adaptations
- In the dub, a padlock is put in place instead of a graphic reading LOCK OFF on the screen when Tristan breaks into Mokuba's cell.
- "Red Archery Girl" is given more clothing to wear in the dub.
- The guard guarding Mokuba Kaiba's cell had a gun in his hand in the original. The gun is removed in the dub.
- In both versions, when Pegasus Summons "Ryu-Ran", it is shown in Attack Position on his Duel screen.
The following cards appeared in this episode. Cards in italics debuted here.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 This card is seen in Yugi's hand when Pegasus mind scans his thoughts.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 This card is seen when Yugi was checking his Deck.
- ↑ This is played as a Magic Card. It is a Trap Card in the TCG/OCG.