Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Yu-Gi-Oh! - Episode 034|
友情の決勝戦 遊戯ｖｓ城之内 (後編)
Yūjō no Kesshōsen Yūgi Vāsasu Jōnōchi (Kōhen)
Final Match of Friendship - Yugi vs. Jounouchi (Second Part)
Best of Friends, Best of Duelists, Part 2
|Japanese air date||
December 12, 2000
|English air date||
September 14, 2002
|Episode listing||Yu-Gi-Oh! episode listing (season 1)|
|Previous||Best of Friends, Best of Duelists, Part 1|
|Next||Yugi vs. Pegasus: Match of the Millennium, Part 1|
"Best of Friends, Best of Duelists, Part 2", known as "Finals of Friendship - Yuugi vs. Jounouchi (Part 2)" in the Japanese version, is the thirty-fourth episode of Yu-Gi-Oh!. It first aired in Japan on December 12, 2000 and in the United States on September 14, 2002.
The final Duel of the Duelist Kingdom finals continues between Yugi Muto and Joey Wheeler. Yugi Summons "Dark Magician" and activates "Magical Hats". He buys himself enough time to activate "Spellbinding Circle" on "Black Skull Dragon", lowering its ATK to 2500 while activating "Book of Secret Arts" on "Dark Magician", giving it 300 more ATK and allowing it to destroy "Black Skull Dragon". Joey Summons "Baby Dragon" and Sets a card. Yugi, believing the Set card is "Time Wizard", attacks, but Joey activates "Kunai with Chain" to stop its attack. Joey then draws the "Time Wizard" and succeeds in its effect, turning "Baby Dragon" into "Thousand Dragon" while turning "Dark Magician" into an old man.
However, this actually turns "Dark Magician" into "Dark Sage", which allows Yugi to activate "Makiu, the Magical Mist" in order to negate "Thousand Dragon's" attack. Yugi then activates "Monster Reborn" to Special Summon "Black Skull Dragon". With both Duelists and Téa shedding tears, Yugi attacks, destroying "Thousand Dragon" and winning the Duel. Afterwards, Joey tries to give his "Glory of the King's Hand" to Yugi, but Yugi tells him to keep it since Joey needs the money more than he does and Yugi only came because he wanted to rescue his grandfather. With the Duel over, it's time for the ultimate showdown between Yugi and Maximillion Pegasus.
Featured Duel: Yami Yugi vs. Joey Wheeler
|This Duel uses Duelist Kingdom gameplay. Rules and card effects may differ from that of the TCG/OCG. See the individual card articles for more information.|
Turn 10: Joey
"Black Skull Dragon" attacks and destroys a "Hat", but it's empty. Joey Normal Summons "Garoozis" (1800/1500) in Attack Position, hoping to lure Yugi into attacking "Garoozis" with "Dark Magician", which would allow Joey to attack and destroy "Dark Magician" with "Black Skull Dragon" and win the Duel.
Turn 11: Yami Yugi
Yugi, not falling for the bluff, Sets a card into one of the three remaining "Hats".
Turn 12: Joey
"Black Skull Dragon" attacks and destroys a "Hat", but it's empty.
Turn 13: Yami Yugi
Yugi draws, then passes his turn.
Turn 14: Joey
Joey draws. "Black Skull Dragon" attacks and destroys a "Hat", but it's revealed to contain "Spellbinding Circle" which immediately activates, decreasing "Black Skull Dragon's" ATK by 700 and forbidding Joey from attacking with it or changing its battle position ("Black Skull Dragon": 3200 → 2500/2500). Joey switches "Garoozis" to Defense Position.
Turn 15: Yami Yugi
Yugi draws "Book of Secret Arts" and subsequently activates it, equipping it to "Dark Magician" and increasing its ATK and DEF by 300 ("Dark Magician": 2500 → 2800/2100 → 2400). "Dark Magician" attacks and destroys "Black Skull Dragon" (Joey: 750 → 450 LP).
Turn 17: Yami Yugi
"Dark Magician" attacks "Baby Dragon", but Joey activates his face-down "Kunai with Chain" to negate the attack and forbid "Dark Magician" from changing its battle position, as well as equip "Kunai with Chain" to "Garoozis" and increase its ATK by 500 ("Garoozis": 1800 → 2300/1500).
Turn 18: Joey
Joey draws "Time Wizard" and subsequently Normal Summons it (500/400) in Attack Position. He then activates the effect of "Time Wizard" and succeeds in the effect, so "Baby Dragon" transforms into "Thousand Dragon" (2400/2000) in Attack Position and "Dark Magician" transforms into "Dark Sage" (100/???) in Attack Position. "Thousand Dragon" attacks "Dark Sage", but Yugi uses the effect of "Dark Sage" to activate "Makiu, the Magical Mist" from his hand and negate the attack.
Turn 19: Yami Yugi
Yugi activates the effect of "Dark Sage" to add "Monster Reborn" to his hand instead of conducting his Draw Phase. Yugi activates "Monster Reborn" to Special Summon "Black Skull Dragon" (3200/2500) from Joey's Graveyard to his side of the field in Attack Position. "Black Skull Dragon" attacks and destroys "Thousand Dragon" (Joey: 450 → 0 LP).
Differences in adaptations
- Also added is a shot of Joey just before the US commercial break.
- In the US version, when Joey Summons "Time Wizard", where it displays his cards, "Black Skull Dragon" is shown instead of "Baby Dragon".
- In both versions, Yami Yugi claims he adds "Monster Reborn" to his hand using "Dark Sage's" effect. However, he is shown drawing it during his Draw Phase at the beginning of his turn.
- Yugi's last attack is symbolic due to him using the monster made of his and Joey's combined monsters, which Joey had used to take the lead in the Duel and show how far he'd come and due to the fact that the monster destroyed, "Thousand Dragon", was the monster Joey used to win his first Duelist Kingdom match with. Also, Time Wizard was used to summon Thousand Dragon, which Yugi gave to Joey in episode 3.
- In the English dub, Joey is worried when Yugi plays Magical Hats, stating that now he will have to rely "on luck and not dueling skills." Ironically, one of Joey's best cards, Time Wizard, is a card that relies on luck, and in subsequent seasons, Joey's deck would include more cards with similar effects, such as Graceful Dice and Skull Dice.
The following cards appeared in this episode. Cards in italics debuted here.
- ↑ This card was played as a Magic Card. It is a Trap Card in the TCG/OCG.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 This card was played as a Magic Card. It is an Effect Monster in the TCG/OCG.