|Yu-Gi-Oh! - Episode 032|
Toki wo koero! Reddo Aizu Burakku Metaru Doragon
Travel Through Time! Red Eyes Black Metal Dragon
Keith's Machinations - Part 2
|Japanese air date||
November 28, 2000
|English air date||
September 7, 2002
|Episode listing||Yu-Gi-Oh! episode listing (season 1)|
|Previous||Keith's Machinations, Part 1|
|Next||Best of Friends, Best of Duelists, Part 1|
Keith's Machinations - Part 2, known as Travel Through Time! Red Eyes Black Metal Dragon in the Japanese version, is the thirty-second episode of Yu-Gi-Oh!. It aired in Japan on November 28, 2000, and in the US on September 7, 2002.
The second Duel of the Duelist Kingdom finals continues between Joey Wheeler and Bandit Keith. The Duel remains close until Keith Summons Barrel Dragon, a 2600 ATK monstrosity with the effect of being able to destroy up to three monsters in one attack. Not even Joey's Time Wizard/Baby Dragon combo can defeat it.
However, Joey turns the Duel around by using Copycat as Magic Metal Force, transforming his Red-Eyes Black Dragon into a Red-Eyes Black Metal Dragon. It destroys Keith's Barrel Dragon, leaving just it and Keith's Slot Machine on the field. The Duel goes back and forth with each Duelist powering up his own monster while trying to destroy his opponent's. Keith uses The Pillager to take Joey's Shield & Sword, which makes Slot Machine's ATK greater than Red-Eyes Black Metal Dragon. However, Joey activates Graverobber to take Time Machine from Keith's Graveyard, Special Summoning his Red-Eyes Metal Dragon back to the field with its ATK now higher than that of Slot Machine. Joey attacks and wins the Duel.
Keith demands the Duel be declared void since Joey used Mai's card. Joey admits this is true and asks how he could have known that. Pegasus, at this point declares that Keith stole Joey's card. Joey calls him a snake and Pegasus also says that Keith cheated by hiding two of his 7 Completed cards beneath his wrist band. Pegasus orders his guards to take Keith away, but Keith knocks them out cold, jumps towards Pegasus, and points a gun to his head (the gun is removed in the U.S. version), demanding the prize money. Pegasus activates a trap door on the ground, sending Keith through a tunnel and out into the ocean. With Joey the winner, he now has to face Yugi in the next Duel before the final match against Pegasus.
Featured Duel: Joey Wheeler vs. "Bandit" Keith Howard - Part 2
Turn 11: Bandit Keith
- Keith Sets 1 card then Normal Summons "Barrel Dragon" in Attack Position (2600 ATK / 2200 DEF).
- Each of its 3 revolvers have a 50% chance of attacking. If it succeeds, it will destroy 1 of Joey's monsters.
- Since 2 succeed; "Axe Raider" and "Garoozis" are destroyed. (Joey: 1150 → 850 Life Points).
(NOTE: In the real game 'Barrel Dragon' lets you toss a coin 3 times, if 2 of them are heads, 1 of your opponent's monsters will be destroyed).
Turn 12: Joey
- Joey Normal Summons "Baby Dragon" in Attack Position (1200 ATK / 700 DEF)
- He plays"Time Wizard" as a Magic Card instead of a Monster Card. He activates Time Wizard's effect. Since it is successful, it transforms "Baby Dragon" into "Thousand Dragon" (2400 ATK / 2000 DEF) and decreasing "Barrel Dragon's" ATK to 1800 (instead of destroying it).
- "Thousand Dragon" attacks then destroys "Barrel Dragon".
- Keith activates "Time Machine" to negate the Battle Damage then Special Summons "Barrel Dragon" in Attack Position.
Turn 13: Bandit Keith
Turn 14: Joey
Turn 15: Bandit Keith
- Keith Normal Summons "Slot Machine" in Attack Position (2000 ATK / 2300 DEF).
- "Barrel Dragon" attacks then destroys Joey's Set monster: "Kojikocy" (1500 ATK / 1200 DEF).
Turn 16: Joey
- Joey Sets 1 card.
- He Normal Summons "Red-Eyes Black Dragon" in Attack Position (2400 ATK / 2000 DEF).
Turn 17: Bandit Keith
- "Barrel Dragon" attacks "Red-Eyes Black Dragon"
- Joey activates "Copycat" imitating "Magic Metal Force" then transforms "Red-Eyes Black Dragon" into a "Red-Eyes Black Metal Dragon" (2800 ATK / 2400 DEF).
- "Red-Eyes Black Metal Dragon" destroys "Barrel Dragon" (Keith: 1100 → 900 Life Points).
- Keith Sets 1 card.
- Switches "Slot Machine" to Defense Position.
Turn 18: Joey
- Joey Sets 1 card.
- Attacks "Slot Machine" with "Red-Eyes Metal Dragon".
- Keith activates Set Magic Card: "7 Completed" to increase "Slot Machine's" DEF by 700 ("Slot Machine": 2300 → 3000 DEF) (Joey: 650 → 450 Life Points).
Turn 19: Bandit Keith
- Keith takes another "7 Completed" from his wrist band while making it seem as if he "drew" it.
- He switches "Slot Machine" to Attack Position.
- Activates "7 Completed" to increase "Slot Machine's" ATK by 700 ("Slot Machine" 2000 → 2700 ATK).
- He then Normal Summons "Blast Sphere" (2900 ATK / 1400 DEF)
- Equips it to "Red-Eyes Black Metal Dragon". At the end of the turn, it will self-destruct; destroying "Red-Eyes Black Metal Dragon" then inflicting damage equal to its ATK to Joey's Life Points.[Notes 1]
- Keith ends his turn, but Joey equips "Dragon Nails" to "Red-Eyes Black Metal Dragon" ("Red-Eyes Black Metal Dragon" 2800 → 3400 ATK); making it stronger than "Blast Sphere" (Keith 900 → 400 Life Points).
Turn 20: Joey
- Joey passes his turn.
Turn 21: Bandit Keith
- Keith's hand contains "Ancient Tool", "Giganto", and "Saber Slasher".
- Keith takes his last "7 Completed" from his wrist band then activates it to increase "Slot Machine's ATK by 700 ("Slot Machine" 2700 → 3400 ATK).
Turn 22: Joey
- Joey currently holds (from left to right): "Armored Lizard", "Rock Ogre Grotto 1", "Shield & Sword", and "Lava Battleguard".
- Joey Sets 1 card.
Turn 23: Bandit Keith
- Keith activates "The Pillager" to take 1 card from Joey's hand. He takes Magic Card "Shield & Sword"
- Activates it to switch the ATK and DEF of every monster on the Playing Field ("Slot Machine": 3400 → 3000 ATK / 3000 → 3400 DEF) ("Red-Eyes Black Metal Dragon": 3400 → 2400 ATK / 2400 → 3400 DEF).
- "Slot Machine" attacks then destroys "Red-Eyes Black Metal Dragon".
- Joey activates Trap Card "Graverobber" to use Keith's "Time Machine" to negate any Battle Damage then Special Summon "Red-Eyes Black Metal Dragon" in Attack Position with 3400 ATK.
Turn 24: Joey
- When Joey activated "Graverobber" to activate "Time Machine", "Red-Eyes Black Metal Dragon" attacks and destroys "Slot Machine" (Keith: 400 → 0 Life Points).
Differences In Adaptations
- A shot of Bandit Keith spitting is cut from the US version.
- The Pillager has been given a slight redesign in the US version.
- When Keith demands Pegasus for the prize money, in the Japanese Bandit Keith has a gun and threatens to kill Pegasus, while in the US version, the gun is removed, leaving Keith pointing menacingly at Pegasus.
- Barrel Dragon is redesigned in the US version to turn its revolver-like gun barrels into a "laser discharge system.
- Cut from the US version is a shot from inside one of the Barrel Dragon's gun barrels of a round settling into place.
- In Keith's flashback, a shot of a liquor bottle dropping and shattering to the ground is removed.
- When Keith is shown in a bar in the flashback, the shelf full of alcohol is removed.
- When Baby Dragon evolves into Thousand Dragon, its defense points are shown increasing to 2500 instead of the usual 2000.
- In the Dub, when Joey uses Time Machine, he says that his Red-Eyes' ATK is higher than Keith's defense. This is probably because of Shield & Sword being played.
- ↑ In the TCG/OCG, the effect of "Blast Sphere" can only be activated when an attack flips it Face-up, and its ATK is 1400, not 2900.)