"Vanity's" Decks focus on limiting your opponent's Special Summons by using one of the "Vanity's" monsters: "Vanity's Ruler" and/or "Vanity's Fiend". This is usually followed by some other control measure, like Summoning "Light and Darkness Dragon".
The advantage these monster have against other "Special-Summons blockers" like "Fossil Dyna Pachycephalo" or "Jowgen the Spiritualist" is that they can stand their ground in battle. "Archlord Kristya" is good on this as well, but one advantage "Vanity's Ruler" has over him is that it doesn't block your special summons.
Since the Vanity's monsters can't be Special Summoned but are not Nomi, one key aspect of the deck is finding ways to quickly summon them. Cards like "Photon Sanctuary" or "Fires of Doomsday" are good to get tributes, but "Mausoleum of the Emperor" is usually better: not only it will allow summon of these monsters, but of other strong monsters as well. (like "Light and Darkness Dragon" or "Dark Simorgh")
"Pot of Duality" is a staple, since this deck shouldn't have many Special Summons.
There are many variants of focus, but it's usually among these:
- Big Monsters:
- Level 8 monsters which can be discarded by the effect of "Trade-In" to draw 2 extra cards.
- They can be revived by "Light and Darkness Dragon" effect (if they are Special Summon able).
- They can be normal summoned by "Mausoleum of the Emperor".
- "Vanity's Ruler" and "Light and Darkness Dragon" belong to this group.
- LIGHT and Fairy:
- Dark Simorgh:
- DARK and/or LIGHT monsters which can be send to the Graveyard to fuel the Summon of other creatures like "Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning".
- "Vanity's Ruler", "Vanity's Fiend" and "Light and Darkness Dragon" belong to this group.