Needs correction and upset how I've been treated
I am really upset on how I've been treated on here when trying to give accurate information and would really like if an admin could please hear what I have to say and help correct something, I have proof and official source of said info and would like to talk about it please? Jerrboy31 (talk • contribs) 04:54, July 23, 2015 (UTC)
Will you be returning to any of the chats on Skype? The other wiki guys and I are aware that you're still editing, but it would be good to hear directly from you again. =) 「ディノ奴千？！」? · ☎ Dinoguy1000 23:31, September 20, 2014 (UTC)
Hey Kuriboh i got your message does this mean i can post a picture from the wiki on my page or what are the circumstances? Can i upload the pic from that cards database on this wiki? Zenith SR.71 (talk • contribs) 15:25, September 25, 2014 (UTC)
5D's Mega Pack
Sorry... Damn I feel like an ass. Did I use the wrong table format, or are the lists kept on entirely seperate pages now? (Not being sarcastic, but honestly asking). Sanokal K-T (talk • contribs) 21:43, October 1, 2014 (UTC)
- Ah, I see. I'll be sure to check up on that in the future. Thanks for explaining. Sanokal K-T (talk • contribs) 22:09, October 1, 2014 (UTC)
I left a message on your user page? D: I don't know how I could've made that mistake. I haven't seen you in a long time. You still come on DN? Philiosophical-Psychological Informist Togekiss (talk • contribs) 15:48, October 7, 2014 (UTC)
I'm not sure how I'd do that, though. The article now is pretty much a list of Senses. Maybe I add a slide gallery with pictures of the listed Senses by the end of the article? LegendaryAsariUgetsu (talk • contribs) 22:08, October 12, 2014 (UTC)
There be a user by "NewRuler" going around adding bogus archetypes and archrelated stuff to cards such as Curry Pot and Soul Hunter. Could you deal with him please? --DysonSlinky (talk • contribs) 23:26, October 18, 2014 (UTC)
Black Rose Dragon
Would overwriting the current image file to this one be okay? I'm mostly just going for a clearer picture so the effects could also be read on the card. ShikiKira (talk • contribs) 05:49, October 19, 2014 (UTC)
Also, I don't see any difference in between the effects that were written on the infobox and the picture I had replace the current one. Both say the exact same thing except the one that the page got reverted to is extremely blurry. ShikiKira (talk • contribs) 05:54, October 19, 2014 (UTC)
but it is not wealth it has to do something with chechire cats and chechirization and if you breath there are swings and we are at pendulum now and behind it is nothing
Random change to the site layout?
- For example, whenever I view a card page, the entire format is different. The card image is almost halfway down the page, and every drop down (show/hide) menu is displayed without the color or border. The table of links at the bottom of the page has no coloring or border either.
- This is caused by site CSS failing to load, and is a problem with Wikia. I'm not sure how much we can do to fix it here, but you should be able to make individual pages display normally by reloading them (this may take multiple reloads). As long as the lack of styling doesn't bother you too much, and it doesn't interfere with any actual functionality (it shouldn't), I would recommend just trying to ignore it for now and use the reload trick in any case where you need the properly styled page for whatever reason. 「ディノ奴千？！」? · ☎ Dinoguy1000 03:59, November 3, 2014 (UTC)
marik TCG structure deck card set doesnt appear
Hi there :) I happened to look at the marik TCG structure deck and the card set wasnt there it gives everyone an empty link, instead of http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Set_Card_Lists:Structure_Deck:_Marik_%28TCG-EN%29 also all the links in the "Lists" section are broken I would fix this myself but didnt really found out a way SSCooler (talk • contribs) 04:00, November 10, 2014 (UTC)
wanted to post that to Golden Key as well
RE: OCG-TCG card image
Sacred Beasts and Dark Armed Dragon
Hamon and Uria can both make use of their effects and what's wrong with Dark Armed Dragon? You could have 10 DARK monsters in the Grave to use its effect with.--MasterMarik (talk • contribs) 13:54, November 13, 2014 (UTC)
SDDC-EN013 unlimited picture
Hey there :) I'm not quite sure I'm following what you're saying, I didn't just uploaded a page with nothing in it I uploaded the unlimited SDDC-EN013 picture ( http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/File:RedEyesDarknessMetalDragon-SDDC-EN-C-UE.png ) I don't know why the change page you showed me didn't show itSSCooler (talk • contribs) 11:32, November 14, 2014 (UTC)
RE:Adding to queue
If you don't know if this has happened to me yet or not, I'll explain that today appeared the following message, like this: "The file "SanganPMT-SP-R-1E.jpg" was unable to be moved to "Sangan-PMT-SP-R-1E.jpg" for reason: unknownerror. "Sangan-PMT-SP-R-1E.jpg" has been removed from the queue." IgorThunderMaster (talk • contribs) 03:30, November 23, 2014 (UTC)
In the case of adding "/Effect" and "/Flip" and such, I'd argue that this constitutes a global change that really belongs more on the card layout article than scattered across hundreds of individual errata articles repeated over and over. It takes up a lot of unnecessary space. That's what the card layout article is for; what do you think? Blueapple128 (talk • contribs) 23:02, November 24, 2014 (UTC)
- This is no different from how we note the Magic --> Spell change on Card Errata pages, as well as on Spell Card (or at least, it should be there; I haven't checked so it may not be). These changes should be noted both on each affected card's Errata page and on the relevant terminology pages. 「ディノ奴千？！」? · ☎ Dinoguy1000 04:02, November 25, 2014 (UTC)
The Duelist Genesis Japanese cards list
Catching up with some of your inquiries
SALUTATIONS, ULTIMATEKURIBOH!!! How are you? And Happy Thanksgiving if you observe the holiday! =J
Listen, I apologize--I haven't spoken with you in a long time--going back 2 school to 2 learn new things (networking go figure) has really gotten me to do things on this Wikia much quicker than I usually do but after GoldenKey had a few words with me a a week or two ago, I told myself okay--I NEED to cease being oh-so overly aggressive with wanting to literally fill everything around this Wikia! I'm also well aware of the fact that I've probably LONG missed the following luxury liner(s) here, but I wanted to respond to some of your inquiries from the past few months:
I fixed it--I beleive that the track in question was simply an erroneous link. Was quite some time ago but I do recall fixing the faux link.
Got 'em offa TrollandToad. Btw, these UE galleries as a whole are THE thing that I think it's best that I relax with. Truth be told, imma guy who likes to "complete" things (and often times with utmost haste) but to be honest if you ask me, UE galleries are just icing(s) on the cake--they're nice to have BUT you don't need 'em to have a good cake. The "icing-less good cake" are the 1E card galleries and as long as we have them (namely the Japanese and English ones, as they seem more mainstream,) we're good! There's plenty of other clouds to look for in the sky, which leads me to...
III. VG Images?
Wow, I'm (digitally) flattered that you came to me asking something like this (Guess I AM making a difference here after all!) Hence forth, let's do this BUT ONLY IF THE PRICE IS RIGHT!! C= lol jk!
In seriousness though, REALLY like this idea--heck, I mean I don't think similar Wikias like this one have anything like this. I would LOVE to try to determine if I can video game soundtracks/scores on this Wikia, except I gots many a predicaments that make the odds of (at least me) doing this slim:
1) I don't have any hardware/software to "record" and then save the tracks in digital format, let alone any YGO games to do such in the first place. And let's not even begin to contemplate about the Japanese-exclusive said interactive media
2) If these tracks have names (in the vein of say, the anime Sound Duel compositions,) well just great, 'cuz we gots no idea as to what the hey they're called.
3) Volunteering users as Tribute (see what I did there?) to help out in this seems to be a high and mighty feat in itself, as not only could they have other issues to attend to or go for more "below-the-belt" reasons not to give this a shot but even for those who would want to do this, numbers 1 and 2 may also apply to them too.
As a whole, while this seems like a strenuous venture, I think it seems feasible. In fact for starters, I have here two links; this first one is a link to one user's video of a track from the WC 2004 game--there are a few more on it too.
This second link is to DVDVideoSoft's official site. Their Free Studio suite is what I have used for the Sound Duel compositions (particularly the Audio Converter,) albeit there are MANY other cool multimedia tools on here too! =j
Lemme know if you have any questions/comments or if there's anything else you wanna pass on to me. This is great stuff here for another major edition to this Wikia (IF it can be met and implemented!) =J --I IS AN ESTABLISHER OF (RE)MARKS OF EXCELLENCE!! (talk • contribs) 13:27, November 27, 2014 (UTC)
Re:on the Toon monster issue
I don't want to be rude, but dude, would you just stop bossing around unreasonably? LCJW? Seriously? Did you check the latest "Toon Gemini Elf" from Battle Pack 3? It's way LATER than LCJW, it uses the LATEST card layout, and the term formatting IS changed. For your information, term formatting gets more consistent: all secondary types follow this pattern: "<A> monster", with the "monster" part IS UNcapitalized as such; and we now only follow this new pattern, "<A> Material", which means the "Monster" part is now dropped.Take Fumikô (バカアキ) (talk) 16:21, December 10, 2014 (UTC)
- It wouldn't have bothered me if you had just come over and ask for proof. Nah, you didn't. Instead, you just claimed what you knew, or what you thought you knew, without a convincing proof, and said that it wouldn't matter if the thing is right if YOU don't know it is right, and that you'd just deny it if YOU don't know that it is right. And fyi, I don't do edits for no reason, and I don't do summary if the information is printed out on the cards and all you need to do is just look at it. Why didn't you use those freaking 24 hours to keep digging?Take Fumikô (バカアキ) (talk) 03:14, December 11, 2014 (UTC)
Issue regarding Tips
I got in conflict with another contributor and would like to know if it is valid to state something relatively obvious on the Tips Page of a card. For example, is it valid to state “Synchro summon this card using -this-, -this- and -this- “Yang Zing” monsters, in order to give it -this-, -this- and -this- additional effects”. I mean, those inherent effects of the YZ are obvious and it is implicit that when you Synchro Summon a monster in a Yang Zing deck, that monster will gain those effects; for me, pointing this out is as obvious and unnecessary as (talking about Kuriboh) “When your opponent declare a direct attack, discard this card in order to neutralize the battle damage you would have taken from that battle”.
Am I correct?
Number C39: Utopia Ray V page isn't working
Hi there :) A few days ago I entered this page and it showed only "The Croatian and Greek names given are not official. Template:CardTable2", so I tried to republish it a few times and my browser went time out.. I tried it again today and it still doesn't work... Just wanted to let you knowSSCooler (talk • contribs) 15:09, December 22, 2014 (UTC)
Well that's just fantastic. I ended up leaving the same message three times because new posts are on the bottom of the page and not the top. How do I fix that?MegaDuelist427 (talk • contribs) 20:24, December 23, 2014 (UTC)
I'm sorry. I thought it was obvious that Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL takes place in the Xyz Dimension. I guess you don't have the critical thinking skills necessary to make this connection so I'll explain it for you. In Yuto's flashback, we see his hometown being invaded by Academia. While not mentioned by name, Heartland Tower is shown in the flashback, so we know that this place is Heartland City. Also, Yuto is from the Xyz Dimension. Therefore, Heartland City is in the Xyz Dimension. Also, ZEXAL has always been an anomaly of a series in that there is nothing to show that the previous series ever happened. Sure, there's a few statues of old monsters, but there's nothing that ties them to the characters they belonged to. However, this would all make sense if ZEXAL were set in an alternate dimension. In conclusion, ZEXAL is set in the Xyz Dimension.MegaDuelist427 (talk • contribs) 01:42, December 24, 2014 (UTC)
- I suppose that the possibility of an alternative Heartland hasn't occurred to you.Sanokal K-T (talk • contribs) 02:42, December 24, 2014 (UTC)
Thanks for deleting the Card Trivia:Scrambled Egg page. I unintentionally created it and the Scrambled Egg page after looking at this source and noticing the wiki had no page titled "Scrambled Egg". I had no idea that the card was already previously an anime only card and spelled as "Scramble Egg", so that was an accidental oversight on my part. I redirected the "Scrambled Egg" page to "scramble Egg", but do you think it should be deleted as well? Anyway, many apologies for any inconvenience caused. (Lucafriz (talk • contribs) 04:22, December 24, 2014 (UTC))
Fuck you Kurishit... You need to ban me because you are so stupid. Yang Zing have nothing to do with DT World. Constellar Sombres defeat Sophia but that proof nothig. Look the artwork that monster isnt contellar sombres. Please Check your fucking eyes. YANG ZING please ban me. SephirothXemnas (talk • contribs) 00:54, January 1, 2015 (UTC)
ok... sorry I apologize to you for everything that i said. Im the stupid, sorry from now on i will investigate things before changing anything.
I know that an apology is not enough If you want ban me I understand.
RE: "U.A. Mighty Slugger" Rulings Page deletion
I have a small request. I, personally, would like the Rulings Page for "U.A. Mighty Slugger" to be re-added. Even though it was short lived, my basis on this is the version of the Tips Page before I did any editing to the page. (Dec.28, GMTails||Jan.2, Myself []) I understand my "playing against" tips were unnecessary, but unfortunately speaking, some people don't know much about how to play this game, and I was trying to help them a little by clearing up Slugger's effect. "U.A." are a fair enough deck with a clear-cut strategy, and are somewhat popular, but Slugger isn't anywhere near as good as the Tips Page was saying he was. --Jainilluverii (talk • contribs) 20:51, January 2, 2015 (UTC)
But Konami doesn't give us rulings, nor does Konami care for the Tournament scene. Their priority list is: Appeal to players, produce the anime, then deal with Tournaments. Unfortunately, the people in charge of tournaments don't even really know how the game is played, and don't make rulings. The players make the rulings, mostly -and sadly- based on whoever has the most money, or based on whoever whines the most. Monster Effects that activate when they're sent to the Graveyard or destroyed by battle will in fact activate after being destroyed by Slugger. It's all explained in the Damage Step page, a page that you -as an admin- moderate. Their effects happen at a completely separate time, that time being between attacks. Monsters are destroyed at the end of the Damage Step and sent to the Graveyard at that time. After then, their effects activate. If their effects activated at time of destruction, they would instead mistime because they're being removed from the field. There's no misinformation, just players not understanding how phases or effects understandably operate. I hate to say it, but I will debate this, and if I'm banned for it, then there's really no helping anyone play this game. This site was created, as per my understanding, to help players, and I aim to do just that, no matter the cost. --Jainilluverii (talk • contribs) 00:55, January 3, 2015 (UTC)
Images Not Viewing Full Size
Hi again :D
is it ok to not mention it on the second column?
A Wild Monster Appears Rulings
Sorry, i should have mentioned that those where NAC translation's (when i saw them earlier).
RE: Card Galleries and Card table set
Too sad :( Duel Arena is going offline permanently. http://duelarena.vbulletin.net/forum/announcements-aa/52985-notice-of-termination ZuoV (talk • contribs) 12:28, January 28, 2015 (UTC)
Hi there I was wondering if there are chat hacks can be enable on the chat room, the chat is more active lately mainly cuz of me and others --Legacyhunters (talk • contribs) 02:24, February 1, 2015 (UTC)
also how can someone be a mod or an admin on the chat, the chat is more active and we need protectors it took months but its a bit more active --Legacyhunters (talk • contribs) 05:01, February 1, 2015 (UTC)
I found proof on one of the YGOrganization pages and it says that it is Infernoid Uno which might be true because Uno is one/first in spanish i wont edit it anymore but if i see it is called Infernoid Uno i will say I told you so DJ SMITH CONSTELLAR28 (talk • contribs) 21:41, February 3, 2015 (UTC)
UltimateKuriboh, excuse me and lemme answer for you
Nope. If you call this a proof, you are terribly wrong and I will undo your changes every single time.
Until the official name is revealed by Konami, all information regarding TCG names is just speculation and is unofficial (get it? UNOfficial).
This is just a message to ask if anyone (I'd try to do it myself, but I'm rather busy at the moment) could create pages for the Spanish Starter Deck: Kaiba Evolution card galleries. If I recall correctly, I have been uploading several cards from that Deck and it could come handy to keep track of which ones I have already uploaded and which ones are left without having to check the gallery of each card.
If it can't be done because you're all as busy as I am, trust me if I say I will fully understand it.
Ok, so we used the "no duh" argument again this time xD Not that I have any problem with that (Certain parts of Tumblr have actually glomped Olga completely, and I myself am a Frozen fan xD) Aeron Solo wuz here (If you wanna talk) 03:49, February 9, 2015 (UTC)
But if I'm not mistaken, Deltaneos and co. plan to do a bot run in the future creating the right links for all pages, which will make them as accessible as they should be. I also believe there will be links to the anime/manga sub-articles in the main articles, so it should be pretty easy to find them. I personally think that having a "(anime)"/"(manga)" label is needful to identify those articles as sub-articles of a main article, just like we do with characters articles. But if you're not sure about the matter, we can discuss with with other admins to reach a definite conclusion. LegendaryAsariUgetsu (talk • contribs) 23:30, February 9, 2015 (UTC)
- We use to talk on his Talk Page, so it should be somewhere there... But you can ask him directly if you feel like doing so. If I'm not mistaken, he told me that back when I was starting to put the 5D's cards in the manga templates, and I bombed him with questions. xD Try checking his Talk Page and Ctrl + F'ing "bot run". I think talking to them in their respective Talk Pages here is more effective than in the chat, since they are noted that they have messages, and don't need to be online at the same time to receive them and respond. But feel free to discuss it just you admins, I usually give my two cents about the subject but abide to you admins' decision regardless of agreeing or not. LegendaryAsariUgetsu (talk • contribs) 23:52, February 9, 2015 (UTC)
- We only add "(manga)" or "(anime)" if said card has a TCG/OCG/whatever other version (like Galaxy-Eyes, who exists in the TCG/OCG, or Photon Wind, who originally appeared in the anime). We never add them if the card only exists in the anime or the manga. I agree about making the manga names, like "No. 17 Leviathan Dragon", redirect pages for the proper "(manga)" page. LegendaryAsariUgetsu (talk • contribs) 19:09, February 11, 2015 (UTC)
Skull Servant in a New card
I saw on the facebook a brand-new card with Skull Servant and Skull Dog Marron. The name is named as either Snatched Bone or Yokodori Bone. I searched this card here but i didin't find anything. Can i create the page for it? https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/10408121_410514182457727_2795465641273402035_n.jpg?oh=2561ae327059d126b16129616109d80a&oe=554B0514&__gda__=1431560861_ec16bce4cf4c4ad8d434a8fd09d79095 --OnePiece (talk • contribs) 13:25, February 11, 2015 (UTC)
Regarding "licensing" tag
Its not like i wasn't going to add them. My main focus was to get the info first up quickly, and then add those later, which i was going to do (but saw it was done already). The main problem is that the site is sometime not responding to me properly (not sure why). So, i decided that the first thing to do get the info first up fast and then add them later. Also, today i didn't upload that many images because i knew that i won't be able to tag them all (instead i focused on creating the articles).--Supratim1986 (talk • contribs) 17:49, February 11, 2015 (UTC)
I know you protected the Infernoid page from being edited, because of that "edit warring", etc. But could you say which one of us 2 was right about that? All I wanted to do was to keep the page clean and summarized; that guy kept on putting redundant information and long, boring strategy tips; I think that the "Playing Style" of a page only introduces the Archetype and its gameplay, so I removed unnecessary tips, like summoning Onuncu with Eye of the Void... In the end, I just wanted to put as much information as possible, but without polluting the page; you can see that by seeing all my other edits, by seeing my history of edits: I always try to put relevant information and tips without filling the page with unnecessary and redundant information. What do you think about this issue?
The Monarchs are based off of Roman Emperor's. I was trying to show which Emperor Granmarg could be off of.
For some reason, when I tried reverting it back and went to type in the reason, the page just refreshed and submitted the change before I even got a chance to explain.
anyway, the reason why I am connecting Granmarg to Augustus is because he established trade with India for Rome. a road is a synonym for Route, and Augustus did create trade routes to India.
anyway, the Gran from Granmarg can either mean grand or ground, using the first term, grand, and marg, meaning road in Hindu, we can establish that Granmarg means Grand Road. You could have simply just removed the connection to Augustus and left that Marg means road in Hindu as part of the trivia page.
22:17, February 18, 2015 (UTC)
- I have no clue who those 3 could be, Zaborg is clearly a combination of Zap and Cyborg, Mobius being named after the Mobius strip, and Thestalos I have no clue at all. But I guess in this case, you should also go to the Raiza page and remove the trivia that says Raiza is Based off of the Roman Emperor Romulus citing that birds flew of Romulus' head showing he would be emperor.
A Question about adding content to a rulings page.
I e-mailed Konami TCG for a ruling on Yosenju's Secret Move that came up at my Locals yesterday that judge had no answer for, and thus defaulted to the OCG ruling (in which it can be activated even if you control no monsters as long as you control a Yosenju card (like Shincu L or R in the pendulum zone). They gave me a response, saying it's exactly like the OCG ruling for the TCG, but I doubt it's listed anywhere else on the internet that I could create a citation link for, and using a screencap of my e-mail for citation would be considered unacceptable since it could be photoshopped/ edited in the e-mail itself. What should I do?
Also, here is the tinypic of the e-mail screencap. http://oi58.tinypic.com/15qq6nc.jpg
- Okay. I'll do that. Please get back to me soon.
So, on the trivia section on the main page it says ""Blue-Eyes White Dragon", along with "Dark Magician", are the only two cards that has been printed in all rarities other than Ultimate Rare." This is wrong. There are rarities like shatter foil and gold rare they haven't been printed in, but even besides that, they were printed in Ultimate Rare for the Yugi/Kaiba Reloaded starter decks. I kinda own them in Ultimate Rare, so I couldn't help but notice. that. Also, sorry I'm an editing derp and don't know how to fix this myself. Thanks. Mr.Prozac (talk • contribs) 15:58, February 24, 2015 (UTC)
Sorry about the issue with "Baggy Pants Lavasaurus". I tried to correct it but it turns out you reverted it. From now on I'lljust leave it to the professionals. (BTW, I like your icon.) Cardmaster21 (talk • contribs) 23:42, February 24, 2015 (UTC)
Images you uploaded
Could you input the images you uploaded into their proper card galleries? You inputted a lot of them and it would be a lot more helpful if you could do so. You should start from This image and continue from thereCardsknower (talk • contribs) 00:42, March 1, 2015 (UTC)
spammer on chat, request for mods around or more mods
here is a link of a spammer we can't have this, we need a mod kuri, this is 2x this week or something http://imgur.com/Z9RYTP6 --Legacyhunters (talk • contribs) 03:25, March 1, 2015 (UTC)--Legacyhunters (talk • contribs) 03:31, March 1, 2015 (UTC)
Re: Database update
And it was about time! They hadn't updated the Spanish version since 2013. For example, you could look for Pendulum Monsters only to find out there were none listed.
As for the card lores and the Errata pages, I would... if I had time to do it. There's also how I have never created one from scratch, but I am sure you'd forgive this newbie.
By the way, I have a question concerning the new anime templates. For one reason or another, I can't see any foreign names on them, which can be quite an inconvenient. Some days ago I went on a typo hunt, and not finding them at first glance was quite inconvenient. Long story short: an user on the Spanish YGO! wiki started to create articles on anime cards for the wiki, and he simply copypasted the names in here without checking the actual ones used in the anime dub/s. I traced down the ones with typos to a single user in here, and said user has more than 1000 edits. Opening tabs and spotting the names is obviously easier than checking the names in Source Mode card by card.
Also, here's another question: is there a reason as to why is the wiki acting odd as of late (at least, for me)? Yesterday I spent hours trying to correct card articles (main card articles. Stuff like "Trivia" or "Names" could be edited just fine) because it kept on spewing syntax errors. I almost created a forum thread to ask for help, but I decided not to once I was done with the cards I wanted to correct. --AzureKesil (talk • contribs) 21:23, March 3, 2015 (UTC)
- Thanks for the reply. I hope it won't be long until things get solved again.
I'd also like to comment something I just noticed. I'm not one for edit wars, but I don't really get why was one of my edits reverted by an user, aside from being something of little relevance or possibly having been poorly worded. The edit in question: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Card_Trivia:Unpossessed?diff=3010772&oldid=3003497 --AzureKesil (talk • contribs) 17:23, March 4, 2015 (UTC)
- I hadn't thought of it that way, to be honest. After all, we still don't oficially know whether Dharc is a female or a male. Anyway, I didn't want to sound like I was saying "Dharc is totes a guy, the Spanish translators said so!1!", which was why I wondered if there was a way of rewording it so that it could be a valid trivia piece. --AzureKesil (talk • contribs) 03:19, March 5, 2015 (UTC)
No need to be so damn rude. Also maybe you should read the talk Page, there already was an argument for what I changed. Although i did start a new discussion.--RexGodwin (talk • contribs) 03:04, March 7, 2015 (UTC)
My Block on Disqus
Since I can't seem to find any contact info on the org, I think asking here is the best way i can contact you on this.
I'm not going to argue over it, since I probably fully deserved it, if not worse for the trouble I cause (Can't imagine I was very popular among the admins...), I would like to ask what triggered it and if it is permanent or just temporary. I'm under the impression that you are the one in charge of that since you were the one that dealt with that incident with Teno. If you are not, then I'm Sorry for wasting your time over this.
- I blocked you because I have warned you and others at large before about flaming, off-topic posting and the like (usually but not always in regards to ZEXAL). I gave sufficient chances. If it is any consolation, Raiko was also banned, for the exact same reasons (though on other side of the argument. You and he were simply the first two (besides LordTyranus) to use up all your strikes (or at least the first two I noticed). Its my hope this might put others on watch. I don't exactly want to be banning people. In regards to block length, it is permanent at this point. Should I or other Org admins should change my mind, I would send you a message on your wiki talk page to inform you.
- Once the Org forums go up (I have no ETA on that), you are welcome to come back and try again. Cheesedude (talk • contribs) 23:28, March 9, 2015 (UTC)
Re:Converting anime card pages
Hi! I'm the creator of the page that you just deleted. I just want to say thank you because I understand the reason given. Sure, I will always watch the latest episode of every Yugioh series and make sure they are connected to each other. BTW, are you an admin here? Denversapple (talk • contribs) 14:22, March 10, 2015 (UTC)
Well, that's good. Anyway, can you do a favor for me? Actually I have been searching Yugioh fan pages or groups that are official in Facebook and I don't find anything. Can you admins do something about it? I know others would like it too. Denversapple (talk • contribs) 14:34, March 10, 2015 (UTC)
Number 7 Reply
Actually, I didn't intend to do that. First of all, I am new here and still don't know how to edit a "card" page. Next, I'm sorry. Third, I just want to fill that kind of description to number 7. Denversapple (talk • contribs) 04:34, March 13, 2015 (UTC)
RE:R Manga card images
RE:PT card images
To be honest, I didn't know about that website. I've been looking for Portuguese/Brazilian online sources to get some images, thanks for sending me this one. Anyway, these images are photos of a few cards I bought recently, but if I find any other image source I'll let you know.
- Think there's only 7 of them:
- -Falzar FZ- (talk page|useful stuff) 00:19, March 21, 2015 (UTC)
- The character images and deck lists aren't part of the flash stuff, can't really look for those. -Falzar FZ- (talk page|useful stuff) 00:47, March 21, 2015 (UTC)
RE: Ban Lists
Thanks for the compliment of me keeping the Ban Lists up-to-date! ...However, this isn't to say I'll be making a complete page for the TCG's April 2015 Lists; at least not until probably tonight or tomorrow. (I say this because I have to work today, and tonight's my final night for my former high school's play production, which should run through late tonight.)
Hi, it's me again. Hey. Can you tell me the colors of Selena's Jacket? I'm planning to make one for myself you see. Also, how is the jacket buttoned? Maybe you can make some theory there. Denversapple (talk • contribs) 16:04, March 21, 2015 (UTC)
- In case UK doesn't show up in time I'll answer (as best I can) on his behalf. http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20150118091857/yugioh/images/5/5b/FullSerena.png See this image for reference. ChaosGallade (talk • contribs) 16:06, March 21, 2015 (UTC)
I suggested some mod requests for a few and I wanted to know if they need to fill out the questions for this and one of the questions is confusing which is What do you consider to be your best contrubutions, and why--Legacyhunters (talk • contribs) 20:17, March 21, 2015 (UTC)
- No, only "Fusion Dispersal" was given by NAC. Not sure who gave the name "Fusion Transpiration". Have to check the history for that.--Supratim1986 (talk • contribs) 16:11, March 22, 2015 (UTC)
- Well i know that it was a mistake on my part, that i didn't check the posters name. But usually during that time its people who know about the language that post the names, so i thought it would be ok. And i thought that if the name was wrong or a mistranslation, then i could just change the name, like i did.
- Another point is that the poster (checked that it was "Urbanliner" who posted those translations) was right on the names of the other cards he posted (3 of which i could confirm immediately were correct, and the other one when i compared it with NAC's). Its most likely that he made a different translation of the name for some reason. I was not sure if it was wrong or right, but after i checked the meaning of both the words (i.e., 'Transpiration' and 'Dispersal') on the net, i considered the NAC one to be more accurate with how the card worked.--Supratim1986 (talk • contribs) 18:07, March 22, 2015 (UTC)
- Well i don't know what "Urbanliner" username is on NAC. I didn't add those names in the "Arc V 048", he himself added those (i just created articles based on those names), and considered that since the other names he gave were correct, so would "Fusion Transpiration" (i.e., "Fusion Dispersal") be as well.--Supratim1986 (talk • contribs) 18:21, March 22, 2015 (UTC)
RE: Unused image space
No problem, I won't remove them anymore. I did it for the Cyber Dragon gallery (and some other cards from Duelist Entry Deck VS) because I thought the blank images were only a temporary place holder, and as most of the missing images are from old packs, they could be removed. But I'll follow the same pattern I'm using for the Secrets of Eternity cards from now on. Thanks for the advice. GMTails (talk • contribs) 17:05, March 22, 2015 (UTC)
Crow's ARC-V image
Well, i was also going to do the one for Crow as well (got all the 4 images together earlier), but went to do something else instead. Would put that up in a few moments.
As for getting the images. Well if you use "Firefox", then getting them is easy. All you have to do is open the page with the image (the one which shows the image in full-scale), goto 'Tools' -> 'Page Info', select 'Media' and then look at all the links of the media files from that page. You would find the image link in there, just use the link to download the image.--Supratim1986 (talk • contribs) 18:42, March 23, 2015 (UTC)
It's never been a problem before I left the wikia 3 years ago... in fact the staff protected my page so I could keep it that way. Although I suppose as times change so do the rules, so I humbly apologize for my mistake. Sincerely,18:35, March 26, 2015 (UTC)
"Not archetype member" concern
I understand your concern about what is an what isn't part of which certain archetype(s), and I honesly don't know what got over me on the most recent edits I've done. I also don't know if this is me making any promises, but I'll try to be more careful. --Yes, it's PSYCHID! He talks! He does stuff! 16:43, March 28, 2015 (UTC)
Advanced Summary. (Yugioh Arc-V episode 50 and 51)
Is it you who put the summary of the next episodes of Arc-v? Wow. How do you even know them if it isn't showed in the earlier episodes? Just asking here. Denversapple (talk • contribs) 02:39, April 2, 2015 (UTC)
Re: Granel and Wisel stuff, etc.
- Ah OK, I will reuse what I did and create the (anime) versions, and also revert the ones with the Tag Force lores. --Missign0 (talk • contribs) 04:29, April 6, 2015 (UTC)
Jack Atlas in Yugioh Arc-V?
Hey have you watched already the third opening of yuigoh arc-v? Did you see jack and red demon's dragon at the end? I think they will return but they should be deceased at yuya's timeline right? Maybe you can share any theories you have inyour mind. And also i think its rin at the back of yugo in the openg too Denversapple (talk • contribs) 07:03, April 6, 2015 (UTC)
Duel Box Line Art
- Okay he told me that he will send me the full image scan a bit later.
- It's not a problem if send a bit late?
- Okay i've uploaded the scan i don't know it's good or not...
- Okay I will ask my friend to send more of the scans if he can...
S39 as a JUMP Promo?
Hey UK, Noticed a message you left on this users page when leaving one myself. Just wanted to ask what the confirmation for S39 being the next JUMP promo is. Last thing I heard about it was when it was on that poll from back when Ebon won it at the end of last year. PhotonLegion95 (talk • contribs) 01:41, April 8, 2015 (UTC)
Problems on the Media
So hey I'm editing some articles and I am uploading some pictures for broad information but it always say "Permission denied". Why is that so? And what should I do? Denversapple (talk • contribs) 07:30, April 10, 2015 (UTC)
RE: Korean Card Gallery
Oh, I didn't know that. I thought the Korean version had the same rarities as the Japanese version, but thanks for letting me know! Also, I've noticed you completed the galleries of SECE cards. Thanks for that too, it's been much easier for me to upload the PT images. GMTails (talk • contribs) 10:23, April 10, 2015 (UTC)
The Mistakes I've Made
I'm pretty sure that you and I both know that people tend to make mistakes. But for me, it seems that I make them a lot more often than naught (i.e the "Not archetype member" tagging, and most recently my renaming mistake), and I'm tempted to say it's because of my naive nature (though I'm not sure it'd be an approprite excuse, much less a good one).
That is why I want to really take the time to say I'm sorry for all the mistakes I've been making recently. I can't promise you I won't make them again, but I'll try not to. I hope you can forgive me.
Also, what I'm going to tell you is what I've already told Dinoguy and ChaosGallade: Me renaming "Humpty Grumpty" and not editing the article name on "Legacy of the Valiant" was an honest mistake. I was doing that just before I had to leave for work, and I didn't have the time to make the proper adjustments. --Yes, it's PSYCHID! He talks! He does stuff! 01:49, April 12, 2015 (UTC)
RE: WSUP set numbers
Release place confusion suggestion
Whenever something has en as the location, it is stated on this website to be English worldwide. In order to remove confusion, the packs and sets released exclusively in North American or English Europe need to specifically say so in the starting description or on the release date. This is why I assumed a couple of these packs were from international english sets instead of USA or EU sets. Maybe if the release dates specifically said either EN, NA, EU, it would remove confusion, but another thing that should remove confusion should be in the beginning paragraph description for the exclusive stuff in certain continents (or countries as in the case of Japan, where Yu-Gi-Oh! first started)Cardsknower (talk • contribs) 02:40, April 14, 2015 (UTC)
World Superstars Again
Hi Again! Sorry More 1 Time. I'm newbie in this type of edit, in other words, i don't know make a edit history. Well, the name Plankton is in Ebay (French Card). Verify. This is the name of this card, because, we have not translated name for it. I'm not make this type of edit again. I will make only Lores and Names edit. (Danielblack (talk • contribs) 14:45, April 14, 2015 (UTC))
This will prove even though they put a c instead of an a its still a utopia
The Oxford English Dictionary has three citations, all from the twentieth century, illustrating utopic, of which the definition is given as ‘That embodies or proposes utopian ideals.’ There is no entry for ‘dystopic’. If you wish to use either word, it would be wise to do so, as always, only if it will achieve what you want it to achieve, taking into account the nature of your likely readers or listeners.
Utopic=utopian Utopic is just from a certain decent of pronounication
theres the link to prove it http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/utopic Utopia user (talk • contribs) 15:43, April 14, 2015 (UTC)
RE: Ban Lists
I'm pretty unsure about them, myself. I'm tempted to make separate OCG/TCG-exclusive Lists, but even I have second thoughts about it, mostly because I don't think there are reliable refernces about Lists that are old as 2005. --Yes, it's PSYCHID! He talks! He does stuff! 13:17, April 15, 2015 (UTC)
June 2002 Lists
I don't know if this source is reliable enough, but I found a webpage that announces Forbidden/Limited Lists as early as June 2002. Proof
Question is, should I make an article about it on the Wiki? And should it be only for the TCG (as I have not come across such old lists for the OCG as of yet)? Please respond! --Yes, it's PSYCHID! He talks! He does stuff! 23:11, April 16, 2015 (UTC)
- Just a general note, that's Upper Deck Entertainment's old website, and is definitely a reliable source for the TCG banlists it has. All the TCG lists for 2002 are already created, so there shouldn't be anything to do there. 「ディノ奴千？！」? · ☎ Dinoguy1000 00:14, April 17, 2015 (UTC)
Release in which english only
Which Duelist League Series are North America release only and which ones are international English release?
En primer lugar todabia no te lo puedo decir y en segundo lugar no me ceda mucho tiempo en la pc en que estoi y si te pido amablemente que dejes mi edition como esta estaria bien... (UnknowXD (talk • contribs) 21:01, April 19, 2015 (UTC)).
Hola men si tienes la amabilidad de chequear esto te pido por favor que lo hagas:http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yu-Gi-Oh!_ZEXAL y te pido otro favor, que no me digas vandalista por que sui soy vandalista entones eres un corrupto men y disculpa por la ofensa pero es que tu empezaste men y tranquilo que no soy vandaklista men yo solo quiero ayudarte en esta wikia para ti, para mi y para todos, WIKITERO FOR EVER... (UnknowXD (talk • contribs) 21:35, April 22, 2015 (UTC)).
contodo espeto nececito que tengas esta información que investigue por favor men te lo suplico te lo agradecería de corazón que te deje estas informaciones que deje, en fin gracias por tu comprension... (UnknowXD (talk • contribs) 21:39, April 22, 2015 (UTC)).
RE:Side Effect? card
It seems that for some reason I mistook the monster with that horn equip spell Yugi used to run. I thought you were implying the imps were equipped with the horn AND stim pack. My bad. LegendaryAsariUgetsu (talk • contribs) 19:09, April 23, 2015 (UTC)
This is about your edit to Card Tips:Sealmaster Meisei. I noticed you said that if you chain Talisman of Spell Sealing (the trap card) to Talisman of Trap Sealing (the Spell Card) you would negate Trap Sealing's activation (This is what you meant, you wrote that you could chain Trap Sealing to Spell Sealing, despite Trap Sealing being a continuous Spell card). That is not true, cards that negate activation explicitly use the word negate. You can chain Spell Sealing to Trap Sealing freely and both cards would remain on the field, as none of them have a cost. What would happen would be:
1 Trap Sealing is activated
2 Spell Sealing is activated (in chain)
3 Chain resolution: Spell Sealing resolves, from this point onwards no spells may be activated (notice that Trap Sealing has already activated) Spell Sealing states "Spell Cards cannot be activated" and does not go negating and destroying spells.
4 Trap Sealing attempts to resolve, but its effect is negated by Spell Sealing.
This process does not change with the presence of Splendid Venus because none of your card's activations were negatedThechosenone124 (talk • contribs) 06:22, April 26, 2015 (UTC)
Doubt about rollback in cards
I just read what you wrote. Sorry about it.
I'm so sorry for all of my editing activity recently. I was actually going back and fixing previous edits that I had personally made in the past. I had added an extra link to an already existing link (the list of cards), so it seemed redundant. It was my own fault; sorry about that.
Regarding the Duel Summary of "ARC-V 056"
Thanks for correcting that part. I initially wrote like that because in the episode, they did show "Moonlight Cat Dancer" destroying "Sniping Hazy Type-0".
Though thanking you isn't the reason i am writing this specifically. The reason is that i am confused by how things went in that turn.
Like you said, technically, "Sniping Hazy Type-0" shouldn't be destroyed on the 1st attack because of the effect of "Moonlight Cat Dancer". But they did show it being destroyed by its attack. Next is the fact that the Security Officer had 1600 LP at the time when "Sniping Hazy Type-0" was destroyed and he got defeated. Now if we consider that they had actually skipped some parts of the duel, could it be possible that the reason why the Security Officer had 1600 LP was because of the 1st attack of "Moonlight Cat Dancer" (and not because of something that happened before the start of the turn, like i mentioned in the summary), while the 2nd attack destroyed it. The calculation match up as well if we consider that ("Type-0": 2400 ATK; "Cat Dancer": 4800 ATK; 1st Attack: '4800 - 2400' = 2400 LP damage = '4000 - 2400' = 1600 LP left; 2nd Attack: '4800 - 2400' = 2400 LP damage = '1600 - 2400' = 0 LP).
What do you think. Is it really possible that they actually skipped the 1st attack of "Moonlight Cat Dancer" and only showed its 2nd attack instead.--Supratim1986 (talk • contribs) 18:11, May 17, 2015 (UTC)
User is convinc3d that Ghostrick Yeti is related to the yeti from Looney Toons but there's clearly no relationship so can you please inform him that this is not the case?--MasterMarik (talk • contribs) 11:14, May 25, 2015 (UTC)
Its based on "Raptor's Gust" (ラプターズ・ガスト) and "Raptor's Storm" (ラプターズ・ストーム) both of which uses the same kana like in "Necro Raptor's" (ネクロ・ラプターズ). I just followed that pattern.--Supratim1986 (talk • contribs) 13:53, May 31, 2015 (UTC)
Starter Deck cover card proxy images
- When I tried to drag the image directly, you get the whole thing, not the individual card, hence why the uploaded proxies have the arrow lines on them. I had to drag them onto my desktop, preview and crop the individual card out then move them into another software so I could save it properly. I don't any real image editing software, so I'd imagine that's why they ended blown up from the original size. PhotonLegion95 (talk • contribs) 15:32, June 1, 2015 (UTC)
Hello, can you point out the wikia rule where the Trivia I posted there is not allowed? If you can prove it, then I'd have to ask you to go to the Plants vs zombies Trivia and deleted the plant references to different plants as according to your reasoning, none of these are Trivia-stuff as all of these are based on a certain type of plant. If you can't, please allow myself to add that Trivia as I was the one who took his own time to post it. Thank you.
"Magician's Valkyria" and the YGO! Database.
Hi there. I was checking articles when I noticed that "Magician's Valkyria", which has only been printed in Spanish once, has a slightly different lore in the Database. The latter omits the "except this one" part. Yet the English version keeps it. So far, I have assumed that the Database information takes priority (I've already seen some articles warning about how they use the Database lore), but, since we're not talking about the English TCG, I am unsure of what to do. --AzureKesil (talk • contribs) 06:08, June 12, 2015 (UTC)
- I guess that means "keep the printed version". Also, thank you very, very much. Now that's a work of tech-savvy magic! --AzureKesil (talk • contribs) 20:26, June 12, 2015 (UTC)
Re: Gate Guardian (anime)
I copied the English anime lore from the original page, I wasn't sure if those where their names in the anime (the "Suijin" page shows its anime name as "Suijin the Water God"). --Missign0 (talk • contribs) 04:41, June 13, 2015 (UTC)
Who do you think you are?
Who the heck are you to judge what's a "misuse of talk page"? You do not have the right to decide that. The talk pages do not belong to you, and you do not get to decide what's a "misuse". Talk pages are for talking, you do not get to decide what the talking can or can't be about.Manyfaceblake (talk • contribs) 15:59, June 15, 2015 (UTC)
Pendulum Effects Errata
- See the Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon Errata page.TheycallmeBrick (talk • contribs) 02:03, June 21, 2015 (UTC)
YGO! Card Database (again)
Hi there. This message will be similar to the last one I typed to you, but it'll be about card names this time. I was correcting Spanish card names when I noticed I had just corrected one I had previously corrected myself, that of "Wave-Motion Cannon". This card has only been printed in Spanish once. Just like many other cards from the Spanish TCG early days, its printed version had typos, both in its name and its lore. Oddly, the Spanish YGO! Card Database shows its name with no typos, leaving the lore untouched.
Long story short: is it okay to pick the Database name over the printed one when the card in question was released once, ages ago and at a time in which Konami used the alpha version of Google Translate when it came to print stuff in Spanish (it still does in videogames to the point it now seems to be a time-honoured tradition, but that's a different story)? --AzureKesil (talk • contribs) 04:17, June 23, 2015 (UTC)
Changing ruling issue
Sorry, I felt that the ruling was stupid but I should have asked for permission first.
Hey, would you mind moving the Red Dragon Archfiend Scar-right tips page to the right title? I accidentally left the "Card Tips" part of that page when I renamed it. ChaosGallade (talk • contribs) 16:41, June 28, 2015 (UTC)
Central of yu-gi-oh communities
Hi , I 'm a big fan of the wiki and ADM of Portuguese wiki. I recently had an idea, which was create a wikia and / or pages on social networks , where all yugioh communities in all countries and languages, with all variants (per example the wiki decks and the wiki yugioh questions) for wikis can communicate more easily with each other , for projects together , to help each other .... etc .
This project would have the name given in the title and would only serve to communicate , not as an encyclopedia of yugioh
Right now, I'm also contact the other wikis.
For more details , leave a message on my wall .
Many many many many ... many times, I wanted to rename a page (e.g. when Crunchyroll released official international names for anime-only 5D's cards or whenever official TCG names get released or "Limit Over Drive" right now) but ... I can't. So requesting to be a mover. Lightning Laxus (talk • contribs) 01:35, July 11, 2015 (UTC)
Welp, I moved Limitover Drive to Limit Overdrive, but the green box didn't automatically check "Leave redirect behind" and I click change right away for the Gallery. No idea how to fix it.
P.S. Why does it say it should be renamed to "Limitover Drive, Limit Overdrive"?
Lightning Laxus (talk • contribs) 17:35, July 11, 2015 (UTC)
EDIT: ????? Somehow all the problems solved themselves... Well then. Lightning Laxus (talk • contribs) 17:40, July 11, 2015 (UTC)
Off the top of my head, I think Sphere Mode appeared in all instances of Normal Summons, but never in Special Summons. I can watch the footage to be sure. It's tricky because sphere mode isn't an actual card in the anime. Philiosophical-Psychological Informist Togekiss (talk • contribs) 23:13, July 15, 2015 (UTC)
- If I may...Sphere Mode didn't appear when Ra was Normal Summoned by Odion or Bakura, but the former was the fake and the second might have been an anime goof. It DOES appear in Sphere Mode when Marik Special Summons it for the...fourth time, jeez he summoned it a lot, against Yugi, but I believe that was because he didn't recite the chant beforehand, when I'm fairly sure that he does in all other instances (although he does summon it without it the second time, but recites the text immediately afterwards, so huh). Sanokal K-T (talk • contribs) 23:36, July 15, 2015 (UTC)
There's no option for me to rename the "Reira" page for some reason. I'm assuming it's protected for some reason, but anyway, can you rename it to Reira Akaba?
Arc-V Episode 47 clearly shows his name as 赤馬零羅 at the very beginning. http://i.imgur.com/rROqxiy.png
Lightning Laxus (talk • contribs) 05:15, July 25, 2015 (UTC)
(RE: Personal Images)
Well that's kinda stupid :/ thanks for that anyways15:04, August 14, 2015 (UTC)
(RE: Fake image)
the picture i put for rin was a suggestion showing that The creators of Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V wont let the picture be rin's actual show and the fanfiction i am sorry i thought to add the true info. about Tori Meadows that i only know while you guys only know the show video game card game and manga versions of her i know the true her. —This unsigned comment was made by Torimay23 (talk • contribs) 23:47, August 16, 2015 (UTC)
A quick question.
- Thanks for the tip. Frankly, I don't know why I didn't check older versions to see if the desired UE one was already there. I guess I panicked at my own mistakes. --AzureKesil (talk • contribs) 05:55, August 17, 2015 (UTC)
USER DELETING INFO FROM WIKIA
Hi i'm new here
There is a problem. The User RavenYuki is deleting and added information to Yugioh GX episode 180: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Yu-Gi-Oh!_GX_-_Episode_180?diff=prev&oldid=3156938
just for winning a discussion in youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGTuQplZUmk
he is Martin Buster and he is even admited that he deleted that info.
00:25, August 18, 2015 (UTC)00:25, August 18, 2015 (UTC)00:25, August 18, 2015 (UTC)00:25, August 18, 2015 (UTC)00:25, August 18, 2015 (UTC)00:25, August 18, 2015 (UTC)00:25, August 18, 2015 (UTC)00:25, August 18, 2015 (UTC)00:25, August 18, 2015 (UTC)00:25, August 18, 2015 (UTC)00:25, August 18, 2015 (UTC)00:25, August 18, 2015 (UTC)00:25, August 18, 2015 (UTC)00:25, August 18, 2015 (UTC)00:25, August 18, 2015 (UTC)00:25, August 18, 2015 (UTC)00:25, August 18, 2015 (UTC)00:25, August 18, 2015 (UTC)00:25, August 18, 2015 (UTC)
I was worried that someone mess with the wikia. But the info cant be how it was before that user change it? it was like that for years.
Thank you very much for your fast answer. Keep the good job
Tori Meadows is getting fixed no matter what you say about it
Look i am going to fix the tori meadows article to make it interesting for everyone to know the truth about her and her life before and after the Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal era series you need to stop thinking that whatever i am trying to do to make the tori meadows article more interesting to read because you made it boring to read it needs stuff about her after Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal ended so boohoo. Duel me in real life and win if you want me gone -ToriMay23
You are welcome but the situation is that i didnt add any pictures for Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL VOL. 5 and Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal VOL. 6 i am sorry
I actually ran it through Google Translate and the "及び" part means "as well as" or "and". I didn't see any other part to suggest you can choose between hand or field, instead of both the hand and field.--PoirotH (talk • contribs) 16:50, September 1, 2015 (UTC)
Uh...was that my comment that prompted the removal? I just thought that the grammar of the baboons that often edit that section was poor, is all.Sanokal K-T (talk • contribs) 01:39, September 2, 2015 (UTC)
- Ah, okay. And thank you for nominating me as an admin. Sanokal K-T (talk • contribs) 06:33, September 3, 2015 (UTC)
RE:Burning Abyss, Higan and translation stuffs
Actually I am not the one who start translating "Higan" as "Nirvana", in fact it is LegendaryAsariUgetsu who suggest this term and I just went along with that translation since i thought it might be more familiar to people other than my suggested term (to be honest I'm not that depth into Buddhism context at that time to notice the differences at that time). But now you bring up the point which make me read the context more carefully though, as Ark's commented in the org page "彼岸" is referring to the crossing of Sanzu River to the Heaven so our current translation as "Nirvana" is pretty far-fetched and not suit to the context though. --Blackwings0605 (talk) 06:22, September 11, 2015 (UTC)
RE:Burning Abyss translations
Actually, it wasn't me who suggested the term "Nirvana". "Nirvana" was being added as the translated name in the archetype's cards' articles if memory serves right, and I just added it to the archetype article. But in my opinion, "Nirvana" is the most appropriate translation. I researched a bit now and the only meanings for "Higan" that I found are Nirvana, the Buddhist term, or "Higan", a Buddhist holiday (according to that article, "Paramita" is the origin of the term, not a translation for it). So, in my opinion, if you came up with other adaptations like "Other Side", you'd just be using euphenisms; "Higan" seems to refer to the term I linked you to, so if you want a proper translation, that's either "Nirvana" or "Higan", though I don't have any Buddhist knowledge, so dunno. LegendaryAsariUgetsu (talk • contribs) 22:12, September 11, 2015 (UTC)
- The issue here is that the name is one of those really dumb context sensitive ones. If you read down on the Wikipedia article for Higan, it explains the name basically means "The other shore (of the river Sanzu)", much like Dante's journey had him cross the river Styx. What is across the other side of the River Styx/Sanzu? "The Hereafter/The Other Side/The Next World/The World Yet to Come", where you must cross the river to reach enlightenment.
- Basically the name is metaphors and if you aren't going to use a wit of sense on this, you might as well just name the theme's translation as "That Beach" if you're insisting on literalism.
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lycoris_radiata If you're looking for context, the Higanbana (i.e. the Lycoris Radiata) uses the term Higan, but the common context makes it clear that Japan associates the flower with a world of suffering and torment, not Nirvana. Nirvana's what you work your ass off to reaching once you cross to "The other shore". Basically this is a context loaded name. Look at stuff other than dictionaries.
- https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E5%BD%BC%E5%B2%B8 or hell, it explains that it was thought there was a paradise far to the west ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pure_Land_Buddhism#The_Pure_Land ) similar to the Celtic concept of the Otherworld. Basically, Nirvana ignores literally all context for this name. NeoArkadia (talk • contribs) 06:28, September 12, 2015 (UTC)
- Well, again, I didn't come up with any translation, "Nirvana" was being added in the cards' articles and I just added it in the archetype article too, since it looked like a valid translation. Like I said I don't have knowledge about Buddhism so I never offered to make any translations for this, I just replied to Kuriboh with my opinion because he asked for it. But if we were to use the original TCG name as any reference, doesn't "Burning Abyss" refer to some term in the Divine Comedy work the archetype's based on? I've never read anything about it, but if the archetype's based on it, and there's any term in it that refers to "Higan" I'd go with that, 'cause that would seem like the most appropriate adaptation. LegendaryAsariUgetsu (talk • contribs) 16:46, September 12, 2015 (UTC)
- LAU, when EP15 spoilers first came out, only Dante was revealed. Blackwings added "Paramita" as the translation for Dante, but later changed it to Higan. Then you added "Nirvana" for Dante, then "Nirvana" for Burning Abyss. So yes, you were the user that started the Nirvana business. --UltimateKuriboh (talk • contribs) 02:38, September 13, 2015 (UTC)
- Really? o.O I was positive I had seen it somewhere. Hm, well, in that case, I just added that because we had no translation, I'm not saying that that's the perfect translation and that you should not change it (like I said, I don't have knowledge regarding Buddhism or Dante's Inferno and based my translation only on some research), so if other members like Ark have actually knowledge about the subject and think there are better translations, we should obviously go with those. But based on Ark's explanation, "Higan" would have basically no actual translation, so why don't we jsut keep it "Higan" and explain the meaning in the etymology section? LegendaryAsariUgetsu (talk • contribs) 14:10, September 13, 2015 (UTC)
- It has a definition, its just the definition is a metaphor, from what I'm gathering from Ark. It literally means "The Other Shore of the River Sanzu", but its clear its a metaphor "The world on the other side of the shore of the River Sanzu". Meaning somekind of underworld or hell. Other Side, Otherworld, Hereafter, Next World, Afterworld, Afterlife, The Beyond, and The World Yet to Come are Ark's suggestions. One doesn't stikc out to me as the best option, so I'll let you discuss. Cheesedude (talk • contribs) 19:21, September 13, 2015 (UTC)
- Y'know, I was thinking, doesn't "Burning Abyss" sound like an euphenism for a burning hell or something? Maybe it's just me, but it looks like having a kinda macabre vibe, which's the opposite of what the Japanese name seems to mean. Isn't it pretty weird that the TCG and OCG names would have completely different meanings? o.O LegendaryAsariUgetsu (talk • contribs) 16:37, September 14, 2015 (UTC)
- You seem to be missing the point. The Japanese name is also pointing towards a hell-like concept, in this case an "otherworldy" one. I'd actually argue that "Burning Abyss" is a more valid translation than "Nirvana". Basically, see the list I in my last post, those names are all Ark's suggestions. Cheesedude (talk • contribs) 18:02, September 17, 2015 (UTC)
Two questions and a request.
Greetings. As per the subject, I'd like to ask something as well as request... yep, something.
a) Is there a way (I know it could be done with anime lore back in the day) for me to add videogame lores that aren't English ones and have the collapsable stating which game it belongs to? I am currently playing Destiny Board Traveler to get the Spanish lore for the previously anime-exclusive cards, and, due to how that information isn't available elsewhere, I'd like to add it to their respective articles when possible (it all started when I wanted to find the name for "Backup Gardna" and I haven't come across it yet due to the game nature!). Which leads me to a sub-question: will the anime card articles ever show "foreign" card names? As expected, every DBT card I've corrected so far has a different name than the one used in the anime. While I'm only adding and correcting Spanish ones, I reckon it might be a similar case in other languages.
b) After seeing the last Kozmo cards, I wanted to add them to the Billy Deck forum list, but the thread in question is archived. Whilst I am not one to raise the dead, due to the nature of said list and how each booster is released every x time that might or might not go past the regular life of a forum thread, I would like to request for it to be opened again. Heh, I'd go as far as to ask for it to become a regular article again. But reasons against it were given when it was demoted to a thread and I'll abide by them unless admins consider otherwise. --AzureKesil (talk • contribs) 04:46, September 18, 2015 (UTC)
- Better late than never (I eventually found "Backup Gardna"!), so thanks a lot for the reply. I hope suitable templates for anime and videogames can be made one day. I'll try to "revive" the thread now. --AzureKesil (talk • contribs) 05:30, September 20, 2015 (UTC)
Re: Pendulum Scale
Turns out I was mistaken, sorry: http://www.pojo.biz/board/showthread.php?p=31334746#post31334746 (I'm Zowayix on that forum.) Guessing it was one of the rumors flying around after Pendulum Monster pics were leaked and before the rules were announced, that I misremembered as fact. Blueapple128 (talk • contribs) 19:40, September 18, 2015 (UTC)
Are you sure he abused multiple accounts? He's stated he only has one. If he does have multiple accounts, which ones have you found him to have?--MasterMarik (talk • contribs) 23:26, September 27, 2015 (UTC)
Sorry about that
I'll do better next time.23:18, September 28, 2015 (UTC)
Can you fix the one with Archfiend Black Skull Dragon, please? I can't merge it or rename it. It's about the Card Tips. Thank you. I wanted to rename it, but I need help, please. The link is right here. This is weird. The Card Tips is already there, but it didn't take me to the right one sometimes. 21:12, September 29, 2015 (UTC)
RE:Fixing blank pages
- I clicked "edit" and then "publish" without making any changes in "Prediction Princess Arrowsylph", but it didn't work. IgorThunderMaster (talk • contribs) 01:48, October 4, 2015 (UTC)
A Kuriboh is fine too
Goodness, I believe I missed those completely, very sorry.
"Dark duel Stories" is used in the game's logo (which is the only place to find the phrase); you can clearly see it on the box, and on the title screen. Similarly, there's a big "EX" right in the logos for the EX series. You would write it as "EX", but pronounce it as "expert". I thought these were clear enough, so I didn't think they were noteworthy. In fact, it gets a lot more complicated if you try to think about it and factcheck.
These "readings" happen a lot in Japanese, and there's a word for it, but I cannot remember what it is. A more advanced form, where entire kanji phrases are read as phrases of English (or other languages), is also very common. YGO games, especially these older ones, like to use it: "Dark duel Stories" or "ダークデュエルストーリーズ" (I'd really like to find this one... maybe it's on Konami's page for it, or something) is a reading for "闇界決闘記", "トライホーリーゴッドアドバント" is a reading for "三聖戦神降臨", etc. Another pretty good example is the Future GPX Cyber Formula series: "future" is actually written as 新世紀, with "future" given as a reading; "GPX" is given a reading of "grand prix".
This also involves a not-as-obvious system of "primary" (or "display) and "secondary" titles, which occurs whenever a term or the title of a work is written in two languages, and we all know this occurs a lot in Japanese! The type of title is determined by the "prominence" of each type by noticing how a term or title is printed (with titles, you should also note any logos it uses; logos are really important!). Back to the YGO and CF examples, a primary title would be something like or "遊戯王デュエルモンスターズIII 闇界決闘記" or "新世紀GPXサイバーフォーミュラ", with secondary titles involving readings such as "ダークデュエルストーリーズ" or "Dark duel Stories", "フューチャーグランプリ サイバーフォーミュラ" or "FUTURE GPX CYBER FORMULA", and so on.
Primary/secondary also occurs within Japanese itself, due to the language having three different sets of characters for a variety of purposes. Any hiragana form of a kanji title would definitely qualify as a secondary title.
It is pretty complicated, and there's all sorts of weirdness such as Japanese titles not matching up to a displayed English title ("フォーメーション" is never used in official material for that game, yet it's frequently used whenever someone in Japan writes the game's name), but as long as all the info is correct and in the right place, it becomes significantly easier to understand and keep track of. It's when you have people (Wikipedia!) enforce "common names", which can often be errors that may never be fixed, that things become problematic.
(Fun fact: The "Formation" bit above is an example of yet another part of Japanese called "descriptors". These are a bit like the "describing subtitles" or "titles that you'll see in English, and they're written as adjectives much like English titles. "新世紀GPX" is an example of this, and many many many many many many many many many works in Japan use one of these (e.g. just about every super robot anime ever made).) Despatche (talk • contribs) 22:43, November 13, 2015 (UTC)
- Ah, come to think of it, "EX" is used in the YGO games as a secondary title, with "エキスパート" used as the primary; EX2006 is a teeny bit unclear about this, but it seems fair to stick with the pattern. Much like how we use "Dark duel Stories" when writing the title of DM2 out in English, I think we should be using "EX" when writing about those four games. Despatche (talk • contribs) 22:50, November 13, 2015 (UTC)
ARC-V English dub card names
I've been watching these episodes live stream, albeit without closed captioning. If you're asking because of the "Phantom" archetype thingy I indirectly caused, I'm afraid I can't help you. Since I've followed the naming scheme of the Americanized "Phantom Spear"... in America, there's no guarantee the card name is spelled the way it is now or actually "Phantom-Spear", how your Organization buddies named Yuto's "Phantom" Trap Cards. -- The Talk Goblin 16:18, November 17, 2015 (UTC)